Steven Gerrard | Al-Ettifaq Manager

No Love

I wonder why most English players avoid going for coaching jobs first with a top manager to learn instead of becoming managers right away.

Lampard would've been welcomed to coach at Chelsea for example, and working with someone like Tuchel would've been great for him. Feels like in 2 years Gerrard, Lampard, and Rooney will be all pundits.
Slippy spent time at Liverpool coaching the 18s during Klopp’s time, I think. He’s still shite, mind you.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
I wonder why most English players avoid going for coaching jobs first with a top manager to learn instead of becoming managers right away.

Lampard would've been welcomed to coach at Chelsea for example, and working with someone like Tuchel would've been great for him. Feels like in 2 years Gerrard, Lampard, and Rooney will be all pundits.
I think Terry for 3 years under Smith is the only one I can think of. He's still biding his time and hasn't jumped at the first club to bat their eyelids at him.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think Terry for 3 years under Smith is the only one I can think of. He's still biding his time and hasn't jumped at the first club to bat their eyelids at him.
Must be smarter than he looks, or the results of many concussions, and his public statements, suggest.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
Must be smarter than he looks, or the results of many concussions, and his public statements, suggest.
Yeah he's surprised me during his time at Villa. He'd even turned down some Championship clubs stating that he wasn't ready. Now he's some coaching consultant at Chelsea, whatever that is.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like we're signing Sarr from Watford so that's yet another talented young player for Poch to be working with, what a lucky man he's going to be. :drool:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looks like we're signing Sarr from Watford so that's yet another talented young player for Poch to be working with, what a lucky man he's going to be. :drool:
Dunno about Poch, but a decent manager would have that squad you're building shooting up the table.

He wouldn't take the job, but somebody of the quality of Graham Potter would have those players challenging for the Europa spots easily.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dunno about Poch, but a decent manager would have that squad you're building shooting up the table.

He wouldn't take the job, but somebody of the quality of Graham Potter would have those players challenging for the Europa spots easily.
Can't see Potter leaving Brighton mid season especially when he's finally built an 11 that is capable of finishing 7th imo.

Rodgers is more realistic. He's obviously on borrowed time at Leicester now so he'll be available before long.

phelans shorts

Can't see Potter leaving Brighton mid season especially when he's finally built an 11 that is capable of finishing 7th imo.

Rodgers is more realistic. He's obviously on borrowed time at Leicester now so he'll be available before long.
Poch to Leicester and Rodgers to Villa feels more likely than Poch to Villa to me.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s not convincing me at all that he’ll be any good as Liverpool manager one day.

Tarrou

was really hoping everyone kept thinking he was good for long enough to get the liverpool job

Revaulx

No chance. He’s liked by the fans and after Usmanov having his assets frozen they’ll really struggle to pay him off.
He’s also got a dog’s breakfast of a squad with very little quality. Gerrard has considerable riches at his disposal, so expectations are rightly higher.

phelans shorts

He’s also got a dog’s breakfast of a squad with very little quality. Gerrard has considerable riches at his disposal, so expectations are rightly higher.
This is also true and kinda leans into the point on the fans. They’re very unlikely to properly turn on him, Gerrard doesn’t have that luxury

Revaulx

Poch to Leicester and Rodgers to Villa feels more likely than Poch to Villa to me.
I get it that Leicester are more established at a highish level, and might be more patient than Villa. They have a squad that’s in need of refreshing though, and seemingly not a lot of money to spend. Villa have money and aren’t afraid to spend it. I can see them being the more attractive destination.

Jamesh

No way will he ever get LFC job. Possibly Tranmere though if he want to move closer to home.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Losing Michael Beale has obviously had an effect. They've gone from playing well and not getting some results to just flat out shite.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Hardly mid season

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I think he hasn't had many/any offers. Problem Terry has is that as soon as he was made manager the media would focus on all his unsavoury antics and he would have no scope for a poor period. Cannot see many clubs wishing to take that risk to their reputation.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Hoping he clings to his job until he faces us twice in one week. Would be lovely if we were the club to get him sacked.

marktan

Him and Lamps have been pretty crap. This whole stick of great players making good managers doesn't really work, if anything it's a handicap because a lot of those players will have sky high egos and so won't put in the same amount of effort and study as other up and coming managers.

Nero

Embarassing himself at every turn. It's wonderful.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Most Villa fans seem to think they’re the worst coached team in the league.