Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Currently two episodes left, leaving them for tomorrow. One of the best things I have watched in years. Brought me right back to my youth.

If you haven't watched this, then seriously get to it.

Cina

Finished it. It starts great and finishes great, but drags a bit in the middle. Also not a fan of Winona in it.

Still, really enjoyable.

Ending

Seems they've left things open for a second season but I hope they don't do it. Doesn't seem like they have enough to work with without rehashing things.

Stringer

Great show. Somehow made me nostalgic about a decade that I wasn't even alive in.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Your reviews have swayed me guys. Will watch it tonight.
Finished it. Really enjoyed it. Hooked straight from episode 1.

I get the kid's little episode in the toilet at the end there, you could easily just see that as PTSD. But its the business of Hoop getting into that car when at the hospital, and then leaving the food in that little box - leaving stuff a bit open there. What's he doing? I imagine the girl is still alive somehow.

Will be interesting to see whether they try and make a second season out of it.

pauldyson1uk

Finished it. Really enjoyed it. Hooked straight from episode 1.

I get the kid's little episode in the toilet at the end there, you could easily just see that as PTSD. But its the business of Hoop getting into that car when at the hospital, and then leaving the food in that little box - leaving stuff a bit open there. What's he doing? I imagine the girl is still alive somehow.

Will be interesting to see whether they try and make a second season out of it.
That was my thoughts about the spoiler also.

GBBQ

I watched this over a couple of days when I was travelling with work. I enjoyed it, it felt like an authentic 80s adventure movie with a lot of scenes paying homage to (or perhaps just plain ripping off) some of my favourite films growing up.

Zen

I've only seen two episodes so far, solid, as many have said, lots of nods to a lot of things, especially ET, Super 8 etc, so far not seeing of the Goonies in it, which is kinda good, since I barely like that, but I'm assuming it's coming which is where the slower middle part comes from....best not assume though, might just be kids on bicycles that is bringing the goonies into it. The acting, surprisingly, is very good though, Winona overdoing it, but I think that's the point and part of the homage to 80's films moms.

The 80's love in will never fade though it seems, even though it really wasn't all that of a decade in terms of true greatness.

Tarrou

I've been craving some sort of mystery/thriller TV show ever since I saw this. Feels like there's a hole in my life. Any suggestions of something similar?

SwansonsTache

I've been craving some sort of mystery/thriller TV show ever since I saw this. Feels like there's a hole in my life. Any suggestions of something similar?
The Lost Room:

"A detective investigates a mysterious motel room, which acts as a portal to an alternate universe."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0830361/

I've seen it, it is actually quite good. By far SciFi channels best mini series I think.

Zen

Finished it, and think it kind of got stuck in the final half, like it just wanted to throw homages to anything in there, which made it a bit mad. It's essentially a homage clusterfeck, that still feels very authentic, probably more so than most of the stuff it's homaging. At no point did I not like it, it just vaguely stopped interesting me for parts of episodes.

Not sure I see a massive appeal in it being more than mini series, but it clearly will be, so see where they'll take it.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It has such an 80s vibe you'd think it was done back then and not now.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm on episode 6 and have refrained from reading anything about this show. I'm so hyped up about it that I can't really talk about it without sounding like a 10 year old excited kid. This has been phenomenal so far.

Moonred

Enjoyed it. Lot of questions unanswered which are probably kept for season 2. EL and Hopper and the whole upside down needs a lot more explanation. And Will is obviously not the same. Can't believe the kids are still playing D&D when they had first hand experience with the real thing. Good old nostalgic feel the whole season.

Last edited:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
6 episodes in and my ladyfriend and I are really enjoying this.

(on a side note: I love the theme tune, I've downloaded it)

SwansonsTache

6 episodes in and my ladyfriend and I are really enjoying this.

(on a side note: I love the theme tune, I've downloaded it)
Thinly veiled attempt at telling us that you have a friend, even a female one.

Last edited:

ATXRedDevil

Yeah I finished watching it the other night.

How refreshing is it that they actually managed to find some child actors that weren't annoying as feck.
Saw somewhere that they interviewed hundreds of kids and the ones they cast were the only ones who they thought could handle the roles without bringing the show down. The whole cast did an excellent job.

I started it Saturday night and finished it last (despite having much more pressing things to spend my time on).

My favorite new show I've seen in a long time, but then it's quite up my alley. It's like Twin Peaks, Freaks and Geeks, Stand By Me, It, Close Encounters, Aliens, and ET all rolled in to one. The references to classics like Stand By Me, ET, Jaws, Aliens, etc. were just brilliant. Top notch soundtrack. Some hilarious dialogue. They played the 80s horror/suspense theme without at all being cheesy. Just excellently made.

reelworld

Just finished it yesterday. Great show, lots of fun.
Feel sorry for El, abused all her life, only to find a week worth of freedom and friendship
The homage to King is excellent throughout the show

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Just finished it yesterday. Great show, lots of fun.
Feel sorry for El, abused all her life, only to find a week worth of freedom and friendship
The homage to King is excellent throughout the show
My brother told me he read that this show was inspired by King's The Mist. (Military doing experiments and opening portals to other universes...)

I guess you could say the same for Twin Peaks...

Anyway, really enjoyed the show. Agree with all the positive reviews. Felt like a breeze of fresh air. So so good.

reelworld

My brother told me he read that this show was inspired by King's The Mist. (Military doing experiments and opening portals to other universes...)

I guess you could say the same for Twin Peaks...

Anyway, really enjoyed the show. Agree with all the positive reviews. Felt like a breeze of fresh air. So so good.
Don't forget Carrie, which is clearly inspired Eleven