Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been watching it, finished episode 3 last night and really enjoying it. Love the music and the whole 80s vibe and definitely reminds me of ET. I f*cking hate the black kid though.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Been watching it, finished episode 3 last night and really enjoying it. Love the music and the whole 80s vibe and definitely reminds me of ET. I f*cking hate the black kid though.
He might've been the weakest casting aside from Wynona. But if they replace that toothless kid, I'm not bothered about season two.

Runner

He might've been the weakest casting aside from Wynona. But if they replace that toothless kid, I'm not bothered about season two.
I'm rewatching it with my gf and I'd say the black kid is a good actor. I feel like he delivers his lines and irritation regarding Eleven in a believable way. I must admit I don't know much about acting but I thought he's just as good as the other kids.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm rewatching it with my gf and I'd say the black kid is a good actor. I feel like he delivers his lines and irritation regarding Eleven in a believable way. I must admit I don't know much about acting but I thought he's just as good as the other kids.
See I'm the opposite. I think he's terrible and the lines he's been given don't help him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Great show, I am in 1x06. Do you know if there will be second season? Could be like True detective? I mean, the same genre but a different story?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Great show, I am in 1x06. Do you know if there will be second season? Could be like True detective? I mean, the same genre but a different story?
Yes, there will be

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Loving it so far. How many films does this remind you of? ET (torches in the woods), Poltetgeist, The Thing, all those teen movies like Pretty in Pink, Stand By Me etc etc

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, I don't think he's bad at all, and I usually pick up on crappily delivered stuff.
Toothless has really come into his own the last few episodes (I've got the last one to go tonight).
Don't think Winona is bad either.

I think the casting is one of the strongest points for me.

Kaos

Halfway through and loving this. Giving me a real Twin Peaks vibe too.

And Lucas is a dick.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What's so good about this? I'm planning on watching it when I come back from vacation.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Looks like something I'll enjoy a lot. I'll watch it this week.

AkaAkuma

Loving it so far. How many films does this remind you of? ET (torches in the woods), Poltetgeist, The Thing, all those teen movies like Pretty in Pink, Stand By Me etc etc
So many scenes felt like theyd been taken straight out of another film.

Runner

What's so good about this? I'm planning on watching it when I come back from vacation.
It's nostalgic, plot driven, focused, well acted, good music, creates tensions and suspense while giving answers progressively.
I don't think there's anything revolutionary (or new at all) but it's just really well executed and there's beauty in that.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think it's somehow a breath of fresh air whilst also being a cool throwback. Both modern and nostalgic.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Terrible acting and dodgy script aside, great show.

Which sounds ridiculous, I know, but it's true.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Honestly f*** the black kid. What an annoying character, he somehow managed to be more annoying than the bullies & the jocks :lol:

The rest of the kids were great, Toothless really shone in the final few episodes, El was brilliant throughout.

I also really liked Winona Ryder's character, I felt her pain & loss the most, thought she was really good in this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Terrible acting and dodgy script aside, great show.

Which sounds ridiculous, I know, but it's true.
What? :lol:
I think the acting varies from decent to exceptional all round, and the script plays it's part in that nostalgic feel. What is it you don't like about these?

Don't even get the Lucas hate myself. He's not an annoying character in my eyes. He just needed winning round with the newcomer, which is a pretty realistic dynamic in a small group of kids.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Honestly f*** the black kid. What an annoying character, he somehow managed to be more annoying than the bullies & the jocks :lol:
I kow what you mean, i didnt like him too. But Toothless explained it good for me i guess, the black kid was just jealous.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
he somehow managed to be more annoying than the bullies & the jocks :lol:
It's quite easy - we are not annoyed at the bad guys, we are mostly annoyed at the characters whose motivation isn't clear to us (although the jealousy explains his behaviour pretty well), like Walter White's wife, for example. Bullies are bullies, we know what they want and they don't do illogical things.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It's quite easy - we are not annoyed at the bad guys, we are mostly annoyed at the characters whose motivation isn't clear to us (although the jealousy explains his behaviour pretty well), like Walter White's wife, for example. Bullies are bullies, we know what they want and they don't do illogical things.
Yeah that makes sense, and the jealousy thing does match up also. I just can't wrap my head around how he offered almost nothing except complaining about El.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
What? :lol:
I think the acting varies from decent to exceptional all round, and the script plays it's part in that nostalgic feel. What is it you don't like about these?
Ah, it's all just pretty bad, but I guess they're mainly kids at the end of the day.

In terms of the script, they just have far too many cheesy little lines that annoy the feck outta me. Like when Nancy walks into the Byers home in the 7th episode and just stops and looks around and says "Woah". So pointless, so cheesy, so shit.

But I watched all 8 episodes in 14 hours so it has something going for it. I just don't understand what that is.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah that makes sense, and the jealousy thing does match up also. I just can't wrap my head around how he offered almost nothing except complaining about El.
Some are born leaders, some are born fighters and some are born bitches. What I liked about Lucas was that he wasn't just the stereotypical big black bully kid who either gets defeated by the white kids or dies. Alright he was a bit of a bit bitch, but girls drive boys crazy yo!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Some are born leaders, some are born fighters and some are born bitches. What I liked about Lucas was that he wasn't just the stereotypical big black bully kid who either gets defeated by the white kids or dies. Alright he was a bit of a bit bitch, but girls drive boys crazy yo!
That's one thing I like about him, they didn't have him be a stereotype he was just as annoying as any other normal kid.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Toothless was great. That compass thing was hilarious.

Why are you keeping this curiosity-door locked? was also the line of the series.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Some guy said today that I should watch this as it is like The Goonies or ET.
I have never seen those and always imagined they were shite, so I doubt I'll watch it.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Some guy said today that I should watch this as it is like The Goonies or ET.
I have never seen those and always imagined they were shite, so I doubt I'll watch it.
I strongly recommend that you atleast give it a 1-2 ep trial. I have yet to meet anyone who's seen it and not loved it.