Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
That's an amazing quote if true. So what is he saying that Suarez just happened to put his face near a previous bite Chiellini had received, who then some how sensed how close his face was and devised the plan to go down. Unbelievable.
He probably cunningly had bites placed all over his body, just on the off chance.

Jacob

A Norwegian punter has just won €2000 after backing Suarez to bite someone at the World Cup at 175/1

red_devil83

Ironically, if he's banned from international games, his value will go up since he's less likely to get injured, fatigued etc playing too many games

Richard Cranium

15 games ban should be minimum, across competitions.
He's already had a ridiculous number of conduct related bans. 7 at Ajax, 8 for racism and 10 for biting. If 25 games hasn't acted as enough of a deterrent, it should be the starting point for deciding the next punishment.

Honestly should be punishing the man though, not club or country. He's done it for both now. It should be a 25+ game for professional matches, regardless of team.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
FIFA rule that any player biting an opponent can be banned for up to 2 years. On sky sports website. This is his 3rd time if found guilty. Its not that far to Devil's Island from Brazil just leave him there
Not that I believe that would happen, be it on international or club level, but just imagine the scenario where it does on club level...Scousers fail to sell him and are stuck with him being banned for two years. Aaaawwww.

Ash_G

He probably cunningly had bites placed all over his body, just on the off chance.
Yeah just waiting for some loony fan to show the bite mark doesn't line up to where Suarez's face was or something.

Inigo

Not that I believe that would happen, be it on international or club level, but just imagine the scenario where it does on club level...Scousers fail to sell him and are stuck with him being banned for two years. Aaaawwww.
Surely they could terminate his contract in that case. Doubt they would leave themselves open for such things.

Lance Uppercut

They already won though which makes it more stupid. Just keep quiet i.e. "I didn't see it" rather than say something as silly/petty as that.
I agree, but I was referring to the bigger picture. They don't want to see him banned so are quite happy to lie.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yeah just waiting for some loony fan to show the bite mark doesn't line up to where Suarez's face was or something.
From a RAWK poster:

those 'bite marks' would look like they'd be from suarez had he gone for chiellini from the other side

Ash_G

I agree, but I was referring to the bigger picture. They don't want to see him banned so are quite happy to lie.
Yeah true. Oh well shouldn't be surprised any more. Football lost its integrity a long time ago.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The reaction from the Uruguay players and coach is even more delusional and self-victimizing than Liverpool. Psychopaths do attract quite a rabid ****.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
He has done it twice before, and now he did it at the World Cup - the most important tournament for FIFA. He will get a global ban and it will effect Liverpool as well. They might make an example out of him as it's done in front of the entire world and he has brought the game in shame and has hurt the game, would not be shocked if he was banned for months or up to a year.

You are dealing with FIFA now, they are much more ruthless than FA.
or much more corrupt you mean. Most likely an international ban only, yes he bit someone, yes it was outrageous, but it happened on an international level. The dippers should be happy here, Barca and Madrid would be having second thoughts now and the dippers will have a worldclass talent all to themselves without the distraction of him flittering half way around the world for friendlies and qualifiers.

Rednotdead

The fact he continues to do things like this despite being punished should indicate there is something wrong and the punishment is not working. We need to help him, because he is an exceptional player, and the world of football benefits with players as talented as he is.

I am not defending him, it was a preposterous and despicable act, just stating that calling for huge punishment does not help anyone and also robs world football from an exquisite talent.
"We" have no responsibility for helping him, he doesn't even admit he's got a problem (if indeed he actually has - we're not qualified to say whether he has or hasn't). Maybe he's just a downright bad character, who could never be helped. They do exist.

Djemba-Djemba

You can already tell what angle Liverpool fans are trying to take with Luis Suarez Bitegate part 3. To try and avoid a lengthy ban they're trying to get the "Oh he needs help, we shouldn't ban him we should help him" thing going.

I agree that he needs help but he should get the help whilst he's serving a very long ban from football.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
"We" have no responsibility for helping him, he doesn't even admit he's got a problem (if indeed he actually has - we're not qualified to say whether he has or hasn't). Maybe he's just a downright bad character, who could never be helped. They do exist.
What about Chiellini's right of 'not to get bitten' while playing football?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Exactly! What does he want us to do? Chip in for psychiatric help? It's up to him to change all that Fifa can do is look at what had happened.

Mikkel.FC

The biggest problem for me is that I cannot relate in any way to Suarez's actions. Most players can get mad and do a headbutt or push another player - as a somewhat natural reaction to a spirited argument when adrenalin is at max and tension is high.
Even Zidane-Materazzi had a build up before Zidane went "temporarily mad".
Suarez just became mad that he couldn't get past Chiellini a second earlier and f*ing bites him?
Wasn't it the same with Ivanovic "Damn, my regular magic ain't working against this guy - I'll go Dracula on him!!"

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What team is going to pay a release clause for a player that will be banned for the first 8-10 games? With no guarantees of not re offending?

Feels like we've just sold Luis for120m and bought him for 120m.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
3 bites.

I think opponents would be entitled to refuse to play against him. You can't catch hepatitis C from a clumsy tackle.
To be fair Nevs given Scholes a kiss, and may have done it to other players