Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
All the Liverpool fans and Rodgers must be feeling a tad idiotic today. Year long talk of redemption and then he goes on and does this.
Rodgers might be. I doubt about "All the Liverpool fans..' bit though. Look over at RAWK and our mini RAWK here.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Rodgers especially. Remember the quotes from Brendon along the lines of "I don't train footballers, I train human beings" or some shite like that.
Liverpool players and staff have been blowing Suarez' trumpet all year about how much of a changed man he is etc etc etc. They should all feel stupid, but they don't, because elbowing someone, kung foo kicking someone, or trying to break someones leg is worse. And therefore unless what you do is the worst possible things, it doesn't matter. Liverpool fans. :rolleyes:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The fact that they are blaming Chiellini for that (apparently Lugano said Chiellini wasn't a man in the incident) is atrocious. I am just at a loss of words!
Probably Uruguay coach and players are in competition with Liverpool and its fans to win the award for 'most deluded bunch in football'

Nogbadthebad

All the Liverpool fans and Rodgers must be feeling a tad idiotic today. Year long talk of redemption and then he goes on and does this.
This one is different because of where it happened.

The premier league is watched in many places, but when the last one happened it seems to be painted as an overeaction by our media in Uruguay and that line was taken around the world, very few saw it as serious as we did.

This time its at the world cup, Uruguay are still trying the 'british media' line as we saw yesterday, because it worked last time, but its much harder to brush this one under the carpet.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
The Uruguayan press are basically RAWK in Spanish, as far as I can tell.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I think he will get a year ban. The fact that it's his 3rd time, the fact that it was on the global stage, and the fact that he has been involved in 5 different incidents since 2010.

I also think that they will take into account his comments after the game, as well as his actions post-bite when he was pretending to be the injured party.

Absolute scum and hope he never plays again in the Premier League.

Zak Smith

Barney's had an utter mare in this thread, speaking complete garbage.
He's clearly on the WUM. Hopefully he'll be finding it less amusing when their 70m star striker can't participate in the following season. Good luck staying in the top four with lambert up front!

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Your comments about banning him won't make sense was absolutely mental.
I didn't word that very well. Of course he should be banned, but there needs to be an additional punishment, not just a ban (which clearly doesn't work with him anyways).

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Suarez must be the nicest person on earth when not on the pitch. The only way to explain how all these people are defending him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
They should but as far as I can see they all are going about how it's not horrible to bite someone because it's not potentially career-ending and how Chiellini was a perpetrator in that episode :houllier:
Godin's interview was comedy gold.

Actually, did Rodgers commented on this? He always struck to me as a normal person, he probably wasn't happy with Suarez's past behavior and really tried to change it this season. I don't think that scousers will ever admit Suarez's fault until he's gone to Madrid, but Rodgers might. Maybe I'm wrong about him though

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Massively let down his country aswell.

He'll get a total ban on football. The fact that it's his third time will make it difficult for him to survive the shitstorm.
To be fair, he shouldn't even be playing considering he was in a wheelchair a month ago.

Dr Baltar

Liverpool save face?

They backed a scumbag who bites and racially abuses players. Way too late. Not that they ever had much class to begin with.
They might surprise everyone, you never know!! Actually that's ridiculous - we all know they're going to stick by him again. At least it will just make his inevitable betrayal & transfer even funnier. I'm sure that will be blamed on the media & FA for forcing him out of the country though rather than admitting Suarez is just a nob.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He definitely knows it's wrong to bite though.

Still, the united front of 'man the feck up' from Uruguay makes me laugh. What can you say to arguments like Chiellini is a snitch and crybaby?
feck me, you're even crying and snitching about Evra making all this up back then.

You have been posting here for a long time, you should deep down there knows that we're not over the top with all this, considering this is a United Forum I think we have been very sensible towards the whole thing.

it's just that bad that you just have to admit something has to be done

Thisistheone

Liverpool players and staff have been blowing Suarez' trumpet all year about how much of a changed man he is etc etc etc. They should all feel stupid, but they don't, because elbowing someone, kung foo kicking someone, or trying to break someones leg is worse. And therefore unless what you do is the worst possible things, it doesn't matter. Liverpool fans. :rolleyes:
:lol: He genuinely is David Brent isn't he?
Found the actual quote:

“You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Sounds like FIFA will announce a ban in the coming days, anything more than 6 or 7 would be excessive for me but either way it's sure to generate plenty of debate

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Can and will the ban extend to Premier League games? Not sure what is FIFA's jurisdiction over European leagues as a governing body.

Thisistheone

What's wrong with that guy?!

To be fair to Rodgers, he speaks a lot of sense most of the time.
Rodgers must be furious though. Suarez has done it again & if he gets say a 6 month ban from all types of football, Liverpool's title challenge is over before it's began & they've lost out on £80m or more.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sounds like FIFA will announce a ban in the coming days, anything more than 6 or 7 would be excessive for me but either way it's sure to generate plenty of debate
He got 8 games for his second offence. By logic third time has to warrant a longer ban.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Can and will the ban extend to Premier League games? Not sure what is FIFA's jurisdiction over European leagues as a governing body.
They have the power to do so, I fully expect an appeal from Suarez though whatever their decision is. That would leave him free to play the next game surely?

MarcRed96

Given this is the fifth incident he has been involved in since 2010, along with the fact it is the third time he has bitten an opponent, I expect FIFA to really come down hard on him. I reckon he'll get around a six month ban from all competitions at the very least.

Zak Smith

It has to be substantially greater than the previous two bans.

Cina

If I ever decide to shoot someone in the face I'm going to break my leg first so that I can use the "I was in a wheelchair ffs" excuse afterwards.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Dafuq you are posting man?? Can't see any of those tweets. Type it out!
Tweet 1 - Suarez's defence 1: "These situations happen on the pitch, we were both just inside the area, he struck me in the chest with his shoulder"

Tweet 2 - Suarez's def 2: "and he hit me in the eye as well.These are things that happen on the pitch & u shouldn't attach so much importance to them"

Shark

@NotShark
Why? it's his third fecking biting offense. He should be taking a break from the game for a long while if you ask me.