Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Assuming it was taking his previous into account (both Evra and the other biting in Holland) it is totally fair.

If they are not allowed take previous into account, well then it is very harsh, but funny too.
Said on SSN that they couldn't take the biting in Holland into consideration as it was under a different jurisdiction or something. He was warned about his future conduct after what happened with Evra, though and I'm sure that was taken into consideration.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Embarrassing enough, I can't really say. Maybe it was post-Defoe, but given that Keane was handed a ban after his autobiography, I think it's been in place for a while. Or maybe that was just for bringing the game into disrepute? I honestly can't remember. :nervous:
All I can find is statements saying that if the Dafoe event had happened more recently then he'd of been caught by the exceptional circumstance rule, which suggests it either arrived after he did it,or that it's been altered since it was introduced.

The FA actually tried to expand it last summer but the likes of the PFA objected. I agree they aren't consistent, in fact as a club we know that better than most, but the players etc don't exactly make it easy for them. All it comes down to, if rat face hadn't bitten Ivanovic then none of this would of mattered.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
They'll get a surprise if they try to appeal. I bet it gets increased by two more game.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Said on SSN that they couldn't take the biting in Holland into consideration as it was under a different jurisdiction or something. He was warned about his future conduct after what happened with Evra, though and I'm sure that was taken into consideration.
I suspect a catalogue of issues have counted against him.

He needs to wise up and the club need to sort it out fast.
I hope to see the day this thread will be on about page 4 of here, I can dream.

The FA need to look at their policies for punishment.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
it would be very hard for the panel not to take other incidents into account.

I am certain it would be a 3 or maximum 4 game ban if this was Suarez's first offence

Liverpool fans feeling hard done by and believing it is so high because this is Suarez...well they would be correct. Its because he is a special kind of cnut that they have been so harsh.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

This is definitely true.

They need to do away with this 'If the referee saw/dealt with it' nonsense, and there should be harsher punishments for violent conduct (Something like Aguero's stamp should get more then 3 games for example... to me, there is a difference between doing a mistimed/bad tackle, and deliberatly trying to hurt someone).

And if someones racist, they should be banned for a fecking long time.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted

He will never stop being a cnut on the football field. It's ingrained in him.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This must be the longest Suarez has ever gone without appealing...

Nogbadthebad

It'll be on page four next august.

We wont give a toss when hes at psg.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It'll be on page four next august.

We wont give a toss when hes at psg.
To be honest I was surprised, well no I take that back I am not surprised but if my team had just won the league I would be so bladdered I wouldn't be able to type let alone involve myself in discussion on a rival player.
Not that I wouldn't have found it amusing to a degree.

Nogbadthebad

To be honest I was surprised, well no I take that back I am not surprised but if my team had just won the league I would be so bladdered I wouldn't be able to type let alone involve myself in discussion on a rival player.
If I got bladdered every time we won a trophy I'd be an alcoholic.

Sometimes I just like to chill and watch an utter cuntbucket get his comeuppance.

Jaap

Given his history and that the FA warned him that any misbehaviour in the future will be punished, it is a fair ban, IMO.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
PFA says it is too late to make him ineligble for the player of the year voting and that on field performance is all that matters anyways. Good lord it will be sort of embarrassing if he wins it won't it?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I read on the mirror that they were free to take any past action of his into consideration, though not specifically directed to do so.

"It also appears that Suarez's past has counted against him - the 26-year-old was banned for seven matches in Holland in 2010 when he sank his teeth into Otman Bakkal, and although that incident did not form any part of the FA's case as it was in a different country, the commission had the discretion to take his personal disciplinary history into consideration."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarez-ban-live-latest-1851278#ixzz2ROtqpVmI

Nogbadthebad

PFA says it is too late to make him ineligble for the player of the year voting and that on field performance is all that matters anyways. Good lord it will be sort of embarrassing if he wins it won't it?
he was never going to win it anyway.

Bale Bale Bale Bale

Will win it.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Some of us have jobs to go to on Tuesday mornings. :smirk:

MUFC07

Bale's got 18 goals now, RvP 24. Bale needs 7 and RvP not to score in order to win it.

Take that, Suárez.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bale's got 18 goals now, RvP 24. Bale needs 7 and RvP not to score in order to win it.

Take that, Suárez.
Are we really that worried who wins the Golden Boot? We've just won the PL with the league's best goal scorer regardless of Bale

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
8 games for racism.
10 games for biting (a weird but ultimately not very dangerous offense)
0 games for an obvious two footed studded stamp with no intent other than to cause harm

The inconsistency in the FAs penalties is becoming farcical. They need to make proper guidelines for bans.

Revan

Assumptionman
10 games is fecking mental.
Biting someone without being provoked is fecking mental.

He has been banned 7 games in Holland for the same thing. Considering his behavior in the past, I think that it is justified. In case he again bites someone, he should get banned for life.

Amir

Said on SSN that they couldn't take the biting in Holland into consideration as it was under a different jurisdiction or something.
Oh, I'm sure they can't - officially, Just like I'm sure they are well aware of that and it did play a part. It just won't appear in the documents.

hp88

7 game ban in Holland wasn't enough so increasing it was the only way to go.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
SSN were just talking to a former FA Compliance Officer and he raised an interesting point that Suarez refusing to accept that the offence was worthy of more than a 3 match ban probably pissed off the FA.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Written by a Liverpool fan:

Yet when Suarez then went on to embarrass the club’s greatest ever player, Kenny Dalglish, by refusing to shake Evra’s hand in the return match, we blamed Sky, Man United, anyone – except the player himself. “He’s like a Scouser,” we told ourselves. “He’s one of us,” – forgetting the long-lasting effect he had on a man who really did sacrifice everything for Liverpool FC.
The angry brigade: why are Liverpool fans perpetually annoyed?:

http://blokeandcoke.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-angry-brigade-why-are-liverpool.html

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
SSN were just talking to a former FA Compliance Officer and he raised an interesting point that Suarez refusing to accept that the offence was worthy of more than a 3 match ban probably pissed off the FA.

Doubt that played that much into to be honest, what else would he be expected to say. But you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.