Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Phil1968

Good enough, I thought the F A might bottle it and just go for 5 matches but when you consider he had 7 last time and obviously didn't learn his lesson then he can't really complain.

It's been a smashing week hasn't it ?:D:D:D:D

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Doubt that played that much into to be honest, what else would he be expected to say. But you never know.
Just makes me laugh, you'd think they'd of simoly accepted the charge and then waited to hear the length of ban before actually risking annoying the FA. I guess they haven't completely learned their lessons from the Evra fiasco.

Waltraute

She-Devil
Written by a Liverpool fan:

Yet when Suarez then went on to embarrass the club’s greatest ever player, Kenny Dalglish, by refusing to shake Evra’s hand [...]
That's what I'll never get about the Suarez love-in.
He made their true legend look like an idiot -- 'Free Suarez!' t-shirt and all.
Still he's the second coming to them, even now when he's once again embarrassed them completely. I'll never, ever get it.
And they dare to mention loyalty? You're loyal to your club, not some randomer who happens to play for you.

hp88

Still he's the second coming to them, even now when he's once again embarrassed them completely. I'll never, ever get it.
And they dare to mention loyalty? You're loyal to your club, not some randomer who happens to play for you.
It's because he's their only hope of winning something, without Suarez Liverpool are a dire team.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I actually saw a post on a Liverpool board earlier, complaining of the media fuss over Suarez compared to the 'trivial attention' given to nearly 200 Chinese people killed in an earthquake. Good grief.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I actually saw a post on a Liverpool board earlier, complaining of the media fuss over Suarez compared to the 'trivial attention' given to nearly 200 Chinese people killed in an earthquake. Good grief.
Well there is a considerable lack of perspective I have to agree, there are also worse abuses taking place daily in the UK but that's the media for you

Waltraute

She-Devil
I wonder what Obama thinks of his atrociuos behaviour?
Nice deflection there. Of course it's lower than low to discuss footballing matters on a football forum given the general state of the world. Please!

And because I know you won't be bothered to backread -- I personally think the ban is totally over the top. 5 games, I predicted.

AlwaysRedwood

I don't get it.
He's implying everyone is making too big of a deal out of one player biting another on a football pitch because, you know, worse things out in the world.

He doesn't realize we'd have to completely shut down the Caf is we followed this logic.

He's also angry because a player he's defended so much just did something the rest of us learned to stop doing at 3 years old. For the second time.

AlwaysRedwood

Suarez in his first game upon returning from his 7 match ban:

And then he continued on a well documented campaign of stamping on defender's feet.

He's not going to change.

He will badly injure someone.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

Of course they probably don't realize the obvious, that if they are so concerned about the earthquake and it's death toll, they should not be posting on a football forum in a thread about Suarez.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Of course they probably don't realize the obvious, that if they are so concerned about the earthquake and it's death toll, they should not be posting on a football forum in a thread about Suarez.
It's like these uber christians in my region of the US going on about being moral and just yet somehow finding reason to ridicule and judge homosexuals.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
This is turning into classic scouse. They're turning it around again to make out Suarez is the victim. Classic scouse MO

Phil

He's implying everyone is making too big of a deal out of one player biting another on a football pitch because, you know, worse things out in the world.

He doesn't realize we'd have to completely shut down the Caf is we followed this logic.

He's also angry because a player he's defended so much just did something the rest of us learned to stop doing at 3 years old. For the second time.
It's a pretty shit point isn't it?

Anyway, I'd imagine he'd like to see the book thrown at the racist cnut.

Waltraute

She-Devil
This is turning into classic scouse. They're turning it around again to make out Suarez is the victim. Classic scouse MO
I'm actually amazed. Not only are the reactions to Suarez's antics deemed xenophobic and anti-Scouse, if not outright racist, the very act of discussing the incident at all is testament to a total narrow-minded world-view, where atrocities and catastrophes just don't matter.

I normally just laugh, but this shite truly wound me up.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Tbf its a harsh ban.

But then I don't think he got enough of a ban for the Evra incident. Especially considering they tried to make Evra the bad guy.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Of all people, Liverpool fans should know exactly what the British media is like, what expedient politicians are like, what the FA are like; this furore is hardly specific to Luis Suarez, and precisely none of it is unexpected.

AlwaysRedwood

Tbf its a harsh ban.

But then I don't think he got enough of a ban for the Evra incident. Especially considering they tried to make Evra the bad guy.
It's not a harsh ban because it's not an isolated incident. It's a repetition of malicious behavior.

RK

Correct ban.

It'd look foolish giving him 7 games or less, considering that's what the Dutch FA gave him for biting last time.

Add on only 3 games for his history of racial abuse, and you could say he got off lightly.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Great use of Norwegian tax payers' money, honestly.

Anyway, personally I think one of the most interesting aspects of this whole saga is whether Suarez is still playing for Liverpool in August. The ban might be a little harsh, but I suspect the FA is taking all his former antics into the consideration (like mentioned earlier) - and if he was given a warning after the racism ban I would assume that left them with no choice to top the seven match ban.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
LFC official line is they're 'shocked and surprised' And they wonder why we sing, always the victim never your fault.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Oh dear.

Maybe don't post right now.
Strange post. It was a genuine question. Has no one asked Obama yet?

Not deflecting anything. Funny how many conclusions were jumped to by a single sentence. My views on Suarez are clear in this thread already.

AlwaysRedwood

Strange post. It was a genuine question. Has no one asked Obama yet?

Not deflecting anything. Funny how many conclusions were jumped to by a single sentence. My views on Suarez are clear in this thread already.
Atta boy

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Tbf its a harsh ban.

Why is it harsh?

It's totally unacceptable behaviour. If it was a United player, I'd be embarrassed and wouldn't embarrass myself further by making excuses for him.

And those who say it's inconsistent because of bad tackles which get less, are out of order too - tackling is at least part of the game. Bad ones should maybe get more than they often do, but let's not minimise the act of biting someone.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Its harsh because bans should be given based on the potential damage caused by the offense. When Aguero gets away with two foot stomping Luiz with intent only to cause harm, Suarez' 10 matches for superficial biting is inconsistency and illogical.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A really good reading from mailbox F365:

Joey, I hope your support team are still reading this for you. You need to know that these outbursts are not fit for public consumption. If Suarez gets a six-match ban it will not be because his crime is the worst to ever occur on a football pitch. It will not be because he's foreign. It won't be because he plays for Liverpool because - and I mean this with as much kindness as I can muster for such a bloody fool - the idea of an anti-Liverpool conspiracy suggests that the club retains some kind of modern relevance and impact (outside of the bubble-permed minds of the supporters).

It will be because he's a horrible little s**tbag, because this is the second time he has bitten someone despite previously getting a seven-match ban, because he commits dozens of incredibly unpleasant acts over the course of the season, and because he shows no real contrition or desire to truly improve his behaviour. The latter is something that LFC should be most concerned with, considering the great efforts made to develop him into a f***ing adult instead of the full-mouthed toddler he currently is.

Sorry, fell into another parallel universe: in that one LFC refused to accept his repeat offences and lip-service apologies and actually tried to make an effective change to his behaviour. That Liverpool actually seemed to give a s**t about the wider public opinion. This one is content to offer up the same worthless sentiments while bending riiiight over for their best player and letting him f*** them all in turn. And this ain't lovemaking, and it ain't tender. And the fans too, spread-eagled and wincing as he rolls his way through them all.

And this, all of this, proves one point above all others: Liverpool FC are small-time and they are desperate. Big clubs do not allow their star player to make such an utter c**t out of everyone associated with the club. Big clubs do not cower from the power of one man, no matter how talented.

So Joe, with your magical calculations and reasons behind the unfair persecution of kind baby Luis - and incredible dismissal of his own racial incident as 'the whole Evra thing' - you may feel that he is hard done by. But that is because you are so full of his sharp-headed seed that it has f***ing ruined your brain.

thayden

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Its harsh because bans should be given based on the potential damage caused by the offense. When Aguero gets away with two foot stomping Luiz with intent only to cause harm, Suarez' 10 matches for superficial biting is inconsistency and illogical.
You're fecking mad. Based on the potential damage? Potentially Suarez could have aids and potentially infected Ivanovic.

He could have died!

Status
Not open for further replies.