Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Its a shame that all of this has taken away from the game, he showed no respect for the 96 that died at Hillsborough...its now all about him, and the liverpool fans should be remembering that. That game was remembering those who died and he does that...he has no respect for the club or its history. 10 games might be harsh, but its shocking that one minute they are all out for his head and talking about getting rid of him, to suddenly being supportive. The week before was the last memorial that Anne Williams went to before she died two days later of cancer, she lost her 15 year old son who could have been saved and Suarez does that...disgusting.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
If I hear about how much of a 'bigger' club Liverpool are than the modern bigger clubs i'll bite someone on the arm :mad: .

They have shown through their recent sagas and embaressments that they are no longer a big club on or off the pitch ( besides fanbase).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Thinking about this and wether it will "force him out", I'm in two minds wether I'd like it to.

On the one hand, he's a cretin, a dispicable human being that is an embarrassment to the sport and also happens to be a fecking good player for the team and set of fans I detest the most.

On the other hand, he's the gift that keep on giving. I have no doubt that even after this 10 game ban, as soon as he is back playing, it's just a matter of time before he fecks up again. I wouldn't be surprised if he spat at someone, gouged, jumped in with two feet, threatend to kill a referee, punched a child fan in the face or called an old lady a cnut. Seeing him extradited is like cutting open the golden goose.

I just can't wait for his next big ban and the Dipper's reaction to it :drool:

Nogbadthebad

Thinking about this and wether it will "force him out", I'm in two minds wether I'd like it to.
You see, I'm of the opinion that suarex wont be forced to do anything he doesnt want to.

If, when he inevitably leaves this summer, its used to explain it, its just nonsense.

The evra handshake proved one thing, he doesnt give a feck what anyone - at all - thinks about him , even the guy who went on TV in a stupid t shirt to defend him .
If suarez wants to stay at liverpool he will, because what the media say certainly doesnt bother him, if he leaves, and I think he will, it will be for one reason.

Champions league.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You could argue that such a long ban maybe stop him from being a massive fecking idiot in the future... but precedent would work against you on that.

I wonder why some Liverpool fans have so much patience for him.... I mean, he's a great player, but it's not like there arn't better ones, or potential better ones out there... who would be worth far less hassle then Suarez. Having said that, you tend to find most Liverpool fans that do hero-worship him are the younger fans... and they probably think that he's Liverpools greatest ever player and don't have a clue that Kenny Daglish use to actually be a footballer...

vic090482

Right, so a quick scan through the comments and opinions of 'Pool fans whining that this isn't fair because of this or that; they've compared Suarez to:

CANTONA: for an assault
KEANE: for deliberately injuring an opponent
BALE: for his diving antics
JT: for the racist charges

And still they don't seem to understand that he is so detested and banned for 10 games because, he is ALL of these rolled into one man!!!!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You could argue that such a long ban maybe stop him from being a massive fecking idiot in the future... but precedent would work against you on that.

I wonder why some Liverpool fans have so much patience for him.... I mean, he's a great player, but it's not like there arn't better ones, or potential better ones out there... who would be worth far less hassle then Suarez. Having said that, you tend to find most Liverpool fans that do hero-worship him are the younger fans... and they probably think that he's Liverpools greatest ever player and don't have a clue that Kenny Daglish use to actually be a footballer...
He's their best player and the only one (apart from Gerrard) who had a realistic chance of featuring in a typical big CL side.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's their best player and the only one (apart from Gerrard) who had a realistic chance of featuring in a typical big CL side.
I realise that, but it's not like they couldn't use the 20m-30m they would get for him and go out and by another CL quality striker...

Spend it wisely enough and they could get two CL quality players... though Liverpool and spending money wisely don't really go hand in hand in recent history.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

None of them would be stupid enough to join that sinking ship :lol:

Adebesi

Yeah, its like a really fat, ugly, BO-addled guy with a bird who is really fit - though agonisingly stupid and given to offensive, racist outbursts. Most people couldnt put up with the crass conversations and the embarrassing outbursts, but the guy knows if he let her go it is very unlikely he would find another bird to shag him unless she was as fat, ugly and smelly as him. So he puts up with it and defends her to his mates, saying they are being elitist intellectual twats who shouldnt be mean to the educationally subnormal who havent had the same chances in life they had.

Quinton Fortune

What I don't understand is that he got a 7 game ban in Holland for doing it then did the exact same thing again. The problem is that its not part of the game at all, I can understand leg breakers happening occasionally because tackling is part of the game. Whilst no one wants a leg breaker if a player goes in for a challenge you can at least say its just part of the game. To bite someone is inexcusable and unheard of, it should be treated no different to punching someone. So to do it once is ridiculous but yeah perhaps he just got carried away, to do it twice is inexcusable and imo he is lucky to 10 game ban when the FA could have easily doubled the ban he got last time. Especially when you add all his other incidents in, he is clearly a malicious player and action needs to be taken to stop him for his own sake. He is a genuinely top player but if he doesn't learn he'll never reach his full potential

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well here's a potentially ironic twist. According to the Daily Heil, he could be back as early as July due to Liverpool currently lying second in the Fair Play League!

Disgraced Liverpool striker Luis Suarez could return to competitive action in the third week of July, and it's all thanks to Liverpool's fair play this season.

Despite their star man picking up a ten-match ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic, Liverpool could still make it into the Europa League next season through the UEFA Fair Play League.

If they do qualify, Brendan Rodgers' men would have to play seven competitive qualification games before the season starts, and Suarez could be eligible from the second qualifying round first leg.
He'll still miss the first 6 games of next PL season but will be able to get some match fitness in the Europa League games.

Only cards issued on the pitch are taken into consideration in the fair play standings, with retrospective disciplinary action ignored.

UEFA will offer a place in next season's Europa League competition to the top ranking club from each of the top three fairest European leagues.

England are currently fourth behind Norway, Sweden and Finland in the overall rankings, but have a month to make up the difference.

Liverpool are second behind Arsenal in the Premier League fair play table, but with the Gunners looking set to finish in fifth place at the very least, Brendan Rodgers' men would take the qualification place.

His side have 49 yellow cards and two reds this season, given to Daniel Agger and Jonjo Shelvey earlier in the campaign, but the fair play table also takes into account positive play, respect towards opponents and the referee and behaviour of team officials and public.
Here's hoping for some incredibly ill-tempered games this weekend!

Quinton Fortune

Liverpool, allegedly, said the other week they would not accept europe through the fairplay league. Southampton sit in second are would apparently take it. Also I assume the Suarez ban is domestic so european matches dont matter?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
"Those who know him know he's a great person but sometimes, when he plays, his temper plays tricks on him."
Yeah, Reina, like that time he lost his temper and racially abused someone on the pitch. Great person.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I am almost a bit disturbed by a large segment of the Liverpool contingent at the moment. You can't help but feel there's always been something a bit wrong with the water there but it genuinely is all a bit mental at the moment. The club is currently like a women in her late 50s becoming more and more erratic in a desperate and provocative display to prove that they're not past it, but as for some of the fans themselves...it's absolutely barmy stuff.

I know the term 'delusional' has been used a lot to poke fun at the fanbase but it has gotten to the stage now hasn't it? I read some of the posts on RAWK and listen to some of the fans and I struggle to come to terms with what it's like to be like that. To live like that, to be of that mindset and to be driven completely mental by football to the extent that parallels could be drawn with extremist fundamental Christians...I basically can't get to grips with how you can be that irrational whilst also being conscious. It just doesn't seem plausible.

Probably a bit of a dramatic way of outlining the point but I'm stunned. It's gotten to the point now whereby I think the only way they would turn on Suarez is if he joined us. It would be pitiful that they've become so attached to someone who comes across as such a retarded sociopath if it wasn't so ludicrous.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Right, so a quick scan through the comments and opinions of 'Pool fans whining that this isn't fair because of this or that; they've compared Suarez to:

CANTONA: for an assault
KEANE: for deliberately injuring an opponent
BALE: for his diving antics
JT: for the racist charges

And still they don't seem to understand that he is so detested and banned for 10 games because, he is ALL of these rolled into one man!!!!

Logic is not their strong point is it.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Liverpool, allegedly, said the other week they would not accept europe through the fairplay league. Southampton sit in second are would apparently take it. Also I assume the Suarez ban is domestic so european matches dont matter?
I dont think they said they wouldnt accept it.-they would prefer not to qualify that way. I doubt they would turn it down.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Its harsh because bans should be given based on the potential damage caused by the offense. When Aguero gets away with two foot stomping Luiz with intent only to cause harm, Suarez' 10 matches for superficial biting is inconsistency and illogical.
You can't base bans on that.

What would you do about a spitting offence? Or if some player decides a good way of winding up an opponent would be to pull his shorts down, or rub a bogey into his hair. Or all the other things that toddlers sometimes have to be taught to control.

Players gets 7 game ban for biting repeats the offence? What else can you do but ban him for longer.

Now he says it wasn't even a deliberate windup - it was instinctive (though actually when you see him stood there smilingly denying the offence when Ivanovitch complains I kind of doubt his ability to know the difference between the truth and a lie). Which is disturbing because he clearly needs help, not just a suspension. Maybe they can get Cesar Millan in. Failing that he could have a collar fitted that can given him an electric shock in the event of him making a sudden lunge.

Kingcon

I can't believe anyone thinks the ban was excessive. I've played football all my life and no matter how frustrated you become you can't F'n bite someone! I'm in no way saying the FA is consistent because they are clearly not but 10 games for a repeat offender who just last month got away with rabbit punching a defender in the Europa League is more than justifiable.

Even more amazing is how people think Suarez is such a good footballer. Yes, he scores goals and that is what he's paid to do but he hasn't the slightest ability to take pressure. Sure everyone has the occasional meltdown but this guy is Chernobyl on a yearly basis when he's being marked well. IF Liverpool were still the proud historic club they claim to be they'd drop this clown but in reality they are a team struggling to rebuild and can't afford to. Ironically his actions only hurt their chances of rebuilding, classic catch 22.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The sports news intro here yesterday was:

"Suárez got banned for 10 games in England, which may make him reconsider his future there. But what really matters is FIFA decided not to ban him for the incident with Jara so he will be back for la celeste as soon as his automatic suspension is over".

They didn't go any further, the intro said it all. Must be some sort of unique record, to be investigated simultaneously for incidents in the league and international football and, despite escaping a ban for one, still being banned for both club an country due to an automatic yellow-card ban.

People here are finally back to normal. During the Mansfield handball thing every Uruguayan seemed to have picked up RAWKbola, but during the weekend I already heard some whispers of: "The lad clearly has a problem" and by yesterday people in the streets were openly talking of how he has now been suspended for more than 25 games over his career.

It's only the RAWKites now as the last bastion of delusion.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Its harsh because bans should be given based on the potential damage caused by the offense. When Aguero gets away with two foot stomping Luiz with intent only to cause harm, Suarez' 10 matches for superficial biting is inconsistency and illogical.
Spitting, racism and biting shows a vile and a disturbing side of a human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.