Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
They are that desperate for decent players they'll put up with any behaviour. Racism, biting, whinging about leaving and general cuntishness etc.

Having gone this long without success would make acquiring good players even harder. Didn't know that was rocket science. Wenger has been really naïve on that front I assume.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Rodgers and Liverpool have bent over backwards to protect Suarez who has dragged the club through the dirt time and again and Suarez repayed him but running his mouth off to the press any time he left England without even having the manners to firstly tell Liverpool he was unhappy. Even when he was back in England the club left for Norway for a friendly he invited the Guardian around to the house. He has treated Liverpool with utter contempt through the whole saga, why should they just let him get what he wants by backing them into a corner- in my opinion this would make the club look like it has no backbone at all. Rodgers has done the right thing, told Suarez straight- you signed a contract and now you must honour it, how would it look if Suarez slabbers in the papers what he wants then Rodgers just gives in and says 'ok Suarez you can go to Arsenal if that's what you really want'.

It's about time clubs stood up to player power and I'm glad to see it. Any one who posted in the newbies will tell you I was a staunch Suarez supporter and always backed him to the hilt, however this summer has been the straw that broke the camels back.
I think a strong stance is right but in the interest of your club they should get rid of the PoS at a decent price. Unfortunately it looks like only Arse are interested. Sell to them and it basically guarantees you will finish below 4th and Arse will finish top 4 which nets more than the transfer price. Dilemma for sure. Oh the webs we weave and holes we dig.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I think a strong stance is right but in the interest of your club they should get rid of the PoS at a decent price. Unfortunately it looks like only Arse are interested. Sell to them and it basically guarantees you will finish below 4th and Arse will finish top 4 which nets more than the transfer price. Dilemma for sure. Oh the webs we weave and holes we dig.
The solution is to kneecap him. He wont be sold but he wont be played either. Win win.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's how he went about it- talking to any shit rang that would listen pleading Liverpool to end his sentence at Melwood. How he behaved was disgraceful and if any player did the same at your club you would feel the same.
That doesn't change anything I said.

He wants to play at the highest level, or at least a higher one. It's not like you couldn't have seen it coming and the way it would happen, when you were such a staunch supporter. Everyone else did.

It's like the two yanks who nearly ruined you. So desperate for success, so desperate for where you lot think you are entitled to be that you are willing to piss on what made you such a great club in the first place and forget how you did it. You were nearly destroyed for that, now your reputation is under the same threat. All for one player.

And Brenton has the cheek to say he isn't bigger than the club? Well no he isn't. But you lot sure as hell encouraged him to believe it.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Wait, what? There are people in here who don't think Suarez had played the total massive cnut all summer and is basically the nastiest little shit ever to step onto a football pitch? Wonders never cease!
Suarez is thick and has a screw loose, I wouldn't say he's inherently nasty. With multiple rape and assault allegations and convictions, Marlon King is easily a far more nasty piece of work than Suarez.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
That doesn't change anything I said.

He wants to play at the highest level, or at least a higher one. It's not like you couldn't have seen it coming and the way it would happen, when you were such a staunch supporter. Everyone else did.

It's like the two yanks who nearly ruined you. So desperate for success, so desperate for where you lot think you are entitled to be that you are willing to piss on what made you such a great club in the first place and forget how you did it. You were nearly destroyed for that, now your reputation is under the same threat. All for one player.

And Brenton has the cheek to say he isn't bigger than the club? Well no he isn't. But you lot sure as hell encouraged him to believe it.

You are overlooking everything I am saying, I not angry that he wants to leave, I am angry about how he has went about it- thus the club should not give in to him, and let people think that if they kick up a fuss the club will bow down to them.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rodgers and Liverpool have bent over backwards to protect Suarez who has dragged the club through the dirt time and again and Suarez repayed him but running his mouth off to the press any time he left England without even having the manners to firstly tell Liverpool he was unhappy. Even when he was back in England the club left for Norway for a friendly he invited the Guardian around to the house. He has treated Liverpool with utter contempt through the whole saga, why should they just let him get what he wants by backing them into a corner- in my opinion this would make the club look like it has no backbone at all. Rodgers has done the right thing, told Suarez straight- you signed a contract and now you must honour it, how would it look if Suarez slabbers in the papers what he wants then Rodgers just gives in and says 'ok Suarez you can go to Arsenal if that's what you really want'.

It's about time clubs stood up to player power and I'm glad to see it. Any one who posted in the newbies will tell you I was a staunch Suarez supporter and always backed him to the hilt, however this summer has been the straw that broke the camels back.
Football fans are strange.

So After the Evra stuff in which he was banned, diving and cheating, biting, it took a transfer request for you guys to see that he was a cnut?

That's tragic.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I will, anyone on here who knows me and what I post will know I'm not a fickle fan, I'm actually over supportive at times but Suarez went too far this summer, he's basically taken the support me and other fans have given him and shoved it back in our faces. I'll support him in the interest of Liverpool doing well but I don't care if he wins the golden boot and gets us fourth I want him sold next summer-the club needs to stand up and show him that they won't be held to ransom.

Loyalty and sentiment are largely things of the past. 'Morals', 'the Liverpool way' and all this other fairy tale stuff are a load of shite. I want us to keep our best players, not sell them and play Fabio Borini up front simply to make a point.

Redlambs

You are overlooking everything I am saying, I not angry that he wants to leave, I am angry about how he has went about it- thus the club should not give in to him, and let people think that if they kick up a fuss the club will bow down to them.
Me overlooking you? That's fecking rich :lol:

You are repeatedly ignoring any points and just playing the woe ist me card. Familiar...

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
No need for Suarez to make peace with Liverpool now. He will push and push for a move. If he gets it-great. If he doesnt Liverpool will let him straight back into the first team.

Liverpool are going to look a joke no matter what happens. Anyway its all their own fault for buying him in the first place.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
No need for Suarez to make peace with Liverpool now. He will push and push for a move. If he gets it-great. If he doesnt Liverpool will let him straight back into the first team.

Liverpool are going to look a joke no matter what happens. Anyway its all their own fault for buying him in the first place.

Now that is what I call a win-win :)

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

This is why your fanbase is a laughing stock.

Racism, lying, diving, cheating, snidey kicks, biting, dragging the name of the club through the dirt and destroying the reputation of Kenny Dalglish. That was all fine and you backed him to the hilt or wilfully ignored it.

But wanting to further your career and briefing the press about wanting to do so. Too far Luis, too far.

Nialler

Alex's Dad

Racism, lying, diving, cheating, snidey kicks, biting, dragging the name of the club through the dirt and destroying the reputation of Kenny Dalglish. That was all fine and you backed him to the hilt or wilfully ignored it.

But wanting to further your career and briefing the press about wanting to do so. Too far Luis, too far.

spot on !

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Stick

Supports
Liverpool

I don't think anyone ignored it as the media attention showed. I think most of the fanbase condemned the racism rightly when it was proven. Most thought the bite was crazy. Destroying KKs reputation is debatable and the club really hasnt helped itself in the PR stakes. I think the club tried to close ranks and protect their asset which from a business point of view is a wise move. I think the club could have handled the racism incident much better but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Fact is he is an important player for Liverpool FC and under contract with them. He could be the difference between Champions League football and about 120m in revenue or losing champions league football to the only club interested in him. Should we sell to Arsenal and they get 4th and we languish further down the table then we are down. Should we keep him here and he be disatisfied and not perform and we miss out on 4th then we're further down. Personally I would let him go but I'm sure there were similar feelings in united fans when Ronaldo wanted away to Real minus the downside of the character. Hard to know where to go with this one.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I don't think anyone ignored it as the media attention showed. I think most of the fanbase condemned the racism rightly when it was proven. Most thought the bite was crazy. Destroying KKs reputation is debatable and the club really hasnt helped itself in the PR stakes. I think the club tried to close ranks and protect their asset which from a business point of view is a wise move. I think the club could have handled the racism incident much better but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Fact is he is an important player for Liverpool FC and under contract with them. He could be the difference between Champions League football and about 120m in revenue or losing champions league football to the only club interested in him. Should we sell to Arsenal and they get 4th and we languish further down the table then we are down. Should we keep him here and he be disatisfied and not perform and we miss out on 4th then we're further down. Personally I would let him go but I'm sure there were similar feelings in united fans when Ronaldo wanted away to Real minus the downside of the character. Hard to know where to go with this one.
Liverpool are far from being a top 4 club, with or without Suarez. That is evident for all to see. To be honest. you're a bit fecking shit really.

Redlambs

I hate when people use terms like 'most of the fanbase' and 'in the minority' and all that.

Like feck did 'most of the fanbase' condemn him for anything. At the time I remember scouting other Liverpool forums and they were all pretty much like Rawk, maybe not on the same level but still they all thought Evra was lying and Suarez victimised. I know plenty in real life, and like the scousers on here, there was always a 'but' attached.

They are still at it!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I hate when people use terms like 'most of the fanbase' and 'in the minority' and all that.

Like feck did 'most of the fanbase' condemn him for anything. At the time I remember scouting other Liverpool forums and they were all pretty much like Rawk, maybe not on the same level but still they all thought Evra was lying and Suarez victimised. I know plenty in real life, and like the scousers on here, there was always a 'but' attached.

They are still at it!
Victim

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I think most of the fanbase condemned the racism rightly when it was proven.
Wow, how long did it take to speak to all of those? Because from what I saw at the time nothing could be further from the truth.

I think the club could have handled the racism incident much better but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Yes, hindsight is really the only way one could know whether wearing tshirts supporting a player who has been accused of racism might not be the best thing to do.

For what its worth I admire the stance Rogers and Liverpool have taken over Suarez. It would be pretty easy to accept an offer of 40million for him, and I doubt many would really complain given that its finally dawned on them how much of a cnut he is. Holding on to him is a slightly risky move, I doubt anyone would be hugely surprised if he sulks til January and forces through a move then.

Lesson learned, if you have a dog that bites, get rid, because sooner or later the likelihood is that it will bite you, and if it bites you once it will probably do it again.

Great player but trouble is going to follow him where ever he goes.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I think it's hard for us to know what the Liverpool fanbase are or were like in a completely fair way because we're not in the liverpool fanbase and our main interaction with it is looking for things to laugh about.

But that said, it certainly seemed very rare to encounter a liverpool fan on the net, TV, or in real life who wasn't in some way defending Suarez or trying to argue the validity of the Evra incident. Even John Barnes went on telly to defend him. The initial reaction to the bonkers statement was all positive too until it became very clear everyone else thought it was nuts, which then encouraged a little more mitigation of it. I'm convinced that if the footballing world hadn't ridiculed the reaction, there'd have been no introspection at all.

The main thing was (and still is) though this constant prattling on about class, dignity and the Liverpool way, which was entirely conducted by simply name checking these things whilst doing absolutely nothing that imbued any sense of any of them. No club or its fans goes on about this shit in the way a vocal section of liverpool ones do. Even us lot, who are just as if not more entitled, and certainly more spoiled, have been banging on all summer about how amateur we've been of late.

Chelsea had an almost identical storm around an almost identically cnutish player at the exact same time and yet they managed to not release a bonkers statement blaming the other player, or wearing Terry T-Shirts, or acting like it was a huge affronting conspiracy, which was - in the circumstances - quite classy and dignified. Yet their fans didn't prattle on about it either.

Whether it's a majority or a minority, there are very few fans as vocally obsessed with the mythical dignity of their club as liverpool. And because of this, they bring it on themselves. Even the John Henry tweet about "What they'd been smoking" - despite I thought being quite funny - was as far from classy and dignified as is possible for an owner to be. Yet it hasn't stopped the club and it's employees from continuing to spout this nonsense about there being a certain, superior way that Liverpool operate, which hasn't been evident for decades. And has actually been driving madly in the opposite direction of late.

I can't really blame the fans for apeing it, because it's being spouted by the club themselves, but ape it they certainly do. And lots of them. Whether they're just the internet idiots shouting loudest I can't say for sure, but they certainly shout louder than almost any other club's internet idiots.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

In all seriousness from the get go and without hindsight it was obvious Liverpool, with their blind backing up of Suarez, were digging their own graves. We discussed it to death and really most of the caftards knew that a quick from LFC and Suarez then would have made things so much easier.
Hindsight in this case has no absolutely no importance, racism is such a sensible issue that LFC should have distance themselves from it at the start of the controversy.

Great post Mockney.

Mockney

I've just been watching the Everton bit of that "15 Minutes That Shook The World" thing in the RAWK thread. Even that's the kind of weird, bonkers over the top, completely classless thing only Liverpool fans would take remotely seriously enough to make into a proper film. An actual film!! And get the actual players to star in it!! :lol:

Fergie's shown with a noose and Neville tops himself with Rat Poison. And Gerrard & Carragher are IN IT!! :lol: It's insane. Harmless football banter of course, but again, classy, dignified, the liverpool way? Do feck off.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I think it's hard for us to know what the Liverpool fanbase are or were like in a completely fair way because we're not in the liverpool fanbase and our main interaction with it is looking for things to laugh about.

But that said, it certainly seemed very rare to encounter a liverpool fan on the net, TV, or in real life who wasn't in some way defending Suarez or trying to argue the validity of the Evra incident. Even John Barnes went on telly to defend him. The initial reaction to the bonkers statement was all positive too until it became very clear everyone else thought it was nuts, which then encouraged a little more mitigation of it. I'm convinced that if the footballing world hadn't ridiculed the reaction, there'd have been no introspection at all.

The main thing was (and still is) though this constant prattling on about class, dignity and the Liverpool way, which was entirely conducted by simply name checking these things whilst doing absolutely nothing that imbued any sense of any of them. No club or its fans goes on about this shit in the way a vocal section of liverpool ones do. Even us lot, who are just as if not more entitled, and certainly more spoiled, have been banging on all summer about how amateur we've been of late.

Chelsea had an almost identical storm around an almost identically cnutish player at the exact same time and yet they managed to not release a bonkers statement blaming the other player, or wearing Terry T-Shirts, or acting like it was a huge affronting conspiracy, which was - in the circumstances - quite classy and dignified. Yet their fans didn't prattle on about it either.

Whether it's a majority or a minority, there are very few fans as vocally obsessed with the mythical dignity of their club as liverpool. And because of this, they bring it on themselves. Even the John Henry tweet about "What they'd been smoking" - despite I thought being quite funny - was as far from classy and dignified as is possible for an owner to be. Yet it hasn't stopped the club and it's employees from continuing to spout this nonsense about there being a certain, superior way that Liverpool operate, which hasn't been evident for decades. And has actually been driving madly in the opposite direction of late.

I can't really blame the fans for apeing it, because it's being spouted by the club themselves, but ape it they certainly do. And lots of them. Whether they're just the internet idiots shouting loudest I can't say for sure, but they certainly shout louder than almost any other club's internet idiots.
Which is exactly the point.
Liverpool supporters just support their team, that's all, every fanbase has it's share of plonkers.

"The Liverpool Way", "class" and "dignity" is quoted more on here than anywhere I have ever seen, I can't recall really talking in those terms to anyone and I have had a season ticket for 25 years.

The view from from the outside is always different, we probably view United fans differently than you do.
That's why it's called rivalry I guess.

Mockney

Well it comes from the club quite a lot. But I certainly agree we haven't got a realistic handle on what a true reflection of the "average" liverpool fan is like.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Stop talking shit.

Most of the Liverpool fans did not condemn Suarez for his actions. The club blindly supported him, brought out t-shirts and made out Evra to be a liar.

Redlambs

Which is exactly the point, you don't.
Liverpool supporters just support their team, that's all, every fanbase has it's share of plonkers.

"The Liverpool Way", "class" and "dignity" is quoted more on here than anywhere I have ever seen, I can't recall really talking in those terms to anyone and I have had a season ticket for 25 years.

The view from from the outside is always different, we probably view United fans differently than you do.
That's why it's called rivalry I guess.
Are you serious? Of course it's quoted on here loads, it's because it is hilarious how not only the fans, but your club spout it!

There can be no denial of how the majority of Liverpool fans have reacted to everything Suarez has done. It's been all played out very publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.