g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

I wasn't impressed with Embolo at all during the Euro's, he looked far too raw and clumsy at times.

prateik

I like how they had the United graphic last.. despite not being last in the list.. Almost like that was the biggest club of the lot :lol:

2E_MUFC

Because he will never win the CL while he stays with PSG? Because he fancies a new challenge? Because he's in love with Ibra? Because deep down he prefers the underdog? Because he's got a new flame in Manchester? Because he got fed up with French cuisine? Because Parisians are horrid creatures? I reckon we could spend a day coming up with reasons Verratti would leave PSG.
Don't see any facts there. You could literally say the opposite to everyone one of the things you said. Pointless

Ephrem

So I can understand how our midfield gets overrun because we have Pogba.
Did I mentioned our mid will get over runned because we have Pogba ? There is no one in that team who can protect defense, make the crisp forward passes and set the tempo of the play.

Mainoldo

Did I mentioned our mid will get over runned because we have Pogba ? There is no one in that team who can protect defense, make the crisp forward passes and set the tempo of the play.
You every seen Bastian play football? Rooney pretty much tries to be Scholes V2 everytime he plays in midfield. Defensively we would be fine and have two players who like to play the ball out. Pogba can also play football. Infact I think the other player was Schneiderlin which would mean more energy.

Ephrem

You every seen Bastian play football? Rooney pretty much tries to be Scholes V2 everytime he plays in midfield. Defensively we would be fine and have two players who like to play the ball out. Pogba can also play football. Infact I think the other player was Schneiderlin which would mean more energy.

Wow. You know Carrick right ? He is the best passer in our team in that CM. Not rooney ,not Bastian . And If i remember correctly Bastian never really played that holding role at Bayern. He played more of a box to box CM rather than a holding playmaker .I am hoping Bastian could do that holding role at PL but he needs to get out of the Doctors table first.

And Rooney at mid wont work once the team starts to press him .

We need the carrick replacement. can Pogba be our carrick replacement , Yes definitely but not now because he is more of an attacking player now. Can Bastain will be able to do that job ? Only time will tell but im not so sure about that.

Schneiderlin is a defensive box to box CM. He is never the player that will just sit in the front of the back four and pass the ball out . He should be given freedom to close down players and win the ball . Bastian is best as a Box to Box mid too but we will see how things will work for him in the second season.

PitchFork

Supports
Sao Paulo FC
Don't see any facts there. You could literally say the opposite to everyone one of the things you said. Pointless
Yes you could. And maybe it is.

But the question was what reasons are there for Verratti to leave PSG? You could literally come up with anything. He is a human after all, and humans make decisions for human reasons, not just football one's. Does that make the original question pointless?

Mainoldo

Wow. You know Carrick right ? He is the best passer in our team in that CM. Not rooney ,not Bastian . And If i remember correctly Bastian never really played that holding role at Bayern. He played more of a box to box CM rather than a holding playmaker .I am hoping Bastian could do that holding role at PL but he needs to get out of the Doctors table first.

And Rooney at mid wont work once the team starts to press him .

We need the carrick replacement. can Pogba be our carrick replacement , Yes definitely but not now because he is more of an attacking player now. Can Bastain will be able to do that job ? Only time will tell but im not so sure about that.

Schneiderlin is a defensive box to box CM. He is never the player that will just sit in the front of the back four and pass the ball out . He should be given freedom to close down players and win the ball . Bastian is best as a Box to Box mid too but we will see how things will work for him in the second season.
I didn't forgot him he just wasn't mentioned in the line up I was referring to. We don't need a Carrick replacement as Carrick still exists. As I said to you or however talked about deepline playmakers... Where are they in this league?? We talk like every team needs them. I don't care how they dictate the tempo as long as they do it. In Carrick, Bastian and Rooney we have enough.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
No idea. But he wants to leave?
Wasn't that the case last season (Pogba may leave Juve), then he didn't.
In fact, we can add several other footballers who want to leave their current great club...but don't.
There is no smoke without fire, but I think Pogba would have no issues staying at Juve, though of course, if he gets a bumper contract with Madrid, PSG or MUFC, he will certainly think about it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Managed Nice this season I think. Seems to have managed to get the very best out of Ben Arfa which in turn has led to Nice playing very good football I gather.

Ephrem

I didn't forgot him he just wasn't mentioned in the line up I was referring to. We don't need a Carrick replacement as Carrick still exists. As I said to you or however talked about deepline playmakers... Where are they in this league?? We talk like every team needs them. I don't care how they dictate the tempo as long as they do it. In Carrick, Bastian and Rooney we have enough.
If we need to dominate the Europe we need one of those. Im just not taking about the league. Carrick still exist but he is 35 and I dont want us to be dependant on him anymore.

Carrick , Bastian and Rooeny enough for what ? that mid wont even propley challenge top 4 next season . Bet you on that

Mainoldo

If we need to dominate the Europe we need one of those. Im just not taking about the league. Carrick still exist but he is 35 and I dont want us to be dependant on him anymore.

Carrick , Bastian and Rooeny enough for what ? that mid wont even propley challenge top 4 next season . Bet you on that
Carrick, Bastian, Rooney and Pogba can't battle for the league? Well if it happens put your money where your mouth is!

We don't have a transfer ban we can buy players next summer.

Ephrem

Carrick, Bastian, Rooney and Pogba can't battle for the league? Well if it happens put your money where your mouth is!

We don't have a transfer ban we can buy players next summer.
Carrick legs are gone. He may be able to play one game/week.

First let Bastian stay fit for atleast half of the seaon .

Rooney at mid will end up with up with the same old story .

Pogba will show is talent and potential in flashes without any consistency but that wont be good enough.

If you think they can challenge the league ,you are underestimating the PL and the opposition teams.

Mainoldo

Carrick legs are gone. He may be able to play one game/week.

First let Bastian stay fit for atleast half of the seaon .

Rooney at mid will end up with up with the same old story .

Pogba will show is talent and potential in flashes without any consistency but that wont be good enough.

If you think they can challenge the league ,you are underestimating the PL and the opposition teams.
I yawned 3 times. But yeah we will see. This isn't the Tom Cleverly era our midfield is alright with plenty of options. Hell if it doesn't work play Schneiderlin.. Put Blind in there. We have enough quality to not worry about getting another ball playing midfielder (sorry deep line one). We can get one when we have a striker situation and are left with nothing.

Devil may care

I yawned 3 times. But yeah we will see. This isn't the Tom Cleverly era our midfield is alright with plenty of options. Hell if it doesn't work play Schneiderlin.. Put Blind in there. We have enough quality to not worry about getting another ball playing midfielder (sorry deep line one). We can get one when we have a striker situation and are left with nothing.
I don't know why you are dismissing him, 2 has-beens who can barely move and a washed up striker trying to be Paul Scholes is not the recipe for a great midfield at all.

Mainoldo

I don't know why you are dismissing him, 2 has-beens who can barely move and a washed up striker trying to be Paul Scholes is not the recipe for a great midfield at all.
But yet we got overran by a 20minute cameo by Arsenal and Spurs last season and that was it. I'm dismissing him because the argument we get Pogba and lose all defensive prowess is just stupid. We have enough midfielders to set up a good comination. It's not our job to sort that out but Mourinho.

Devil may care

But yet we got overran by a 20minute cameo by Arsenal and Spurs last season and that was it. I'm dismissing him because the argument we get Pogba and lose all defensive prowess is just stupid. We have enough midfielders to set up a good comination. It's not our job to sort that out but Mourinho.
When you play as defensive and negative as we did under LvG where both CM's just sit and hold then yeah, you aren't going to get overran, but if Pogba and Rooney make up 2 of the midfield 3 then you expect them to move forward a lot of the time as that is their strength, which means you need a proper holding CM with power, athleticism, positional sense and energy to protect the back 4 and fill the gaps, not a 35 year old statue or a crocked CM past his best, Schneiderlin is not a holder before you say, he's a ball winner, he lacks the discipline and positional qualities to be a proper holding midfielder, his best work for Southampton was with Wanyama holding and him hunting for the ball as more of a box to box. I'm not saying Pogba coming in is not a good thing, it is, but it doesn't alter the fact that to use him properly you need the right partner and we don't have that in this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.