Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Rooney does not move forward with LVG or without him. He sits and watches Scholes tapes all day long he is not a box to box CM. Michael Carrick has never been a robust DM midfielder so why is he going to be one now? He will do what he does normally and he could do it at 40 if he wanted to. You guys are chatting Rubbish because you assume Pogba is some sort of Yaya Toure immobile block.

Pogba will work like everyone else in the midfield and with Carrick, Rooney, Blind, Schneiderlin or Bastian we have players who are aware of their defensive duties. If the game requires a more solid approach we have enough players even if it means grooming TMF. As far as we should be concerned a stronger defence means we don't need to have a flat back two in midfield not moving past the half way line.
Sits and watches Scholes tapes all day long? I can't believe that is part of this argument as all Rooney got from those tapes is long passes to the wing, if you and him think that is all Scholes did then ok. Carrick is well past it, he cannot play until he's 40 as last season saw plenty of games where it just past him buy, you are so obsessed with bringing Pogba back, something I already said I think we should do, that you are just ignoring logic of how a midfield is constructed and the fact that Pogba still isn't the be all and end all as a proper CM, just throwing a bunch of names in there even though they aren't fits and using two has-beens and a lardy ex striker as examples of having the midfield where it needs to be and then have the nerve to accuse others of "chatting rubbish".

2E_MUFC

Wasn't that the case last season (Pogba may leave Juve), then he didn't.
In fact, we can add several other footballers who want to leave their current great club...but don't.
There is no smoke without fire, but I think Pogba would have no issues staying at Juve, though of course, if he gets a bumper contract with Madrid, PSG or MUFC, he will certainly think about it.
I never said he wanted to leave. But we would have a highger chance signing Pogba than Verratti.

jesperjaap

I don't know why you are dismissing him, 2 has-beens who can barely move and a washed up striker trying to be Paul Scholes is not the recipe for a great midfield at all.
We do have a lot of midfield options, sadly none of the signings have been very good there for a long time not just since Ferguson left. I do think we have the defensive midfielder to fit in with Mensah longer term, but that is probably a year or two away I would think consistantly. We definately need to see some central midfielders sold and I think Im agreeing with you in taht I would like two signed as judging by the apparently more concrete transfer rumours I think Mourinho will be going 4-3-3, I would be happy to see 3 or 4 cm sold and two bought in.

jesperjaap

Plenty of options ? who are Carricks replacements ? We have good box to box CM's in Schneirdlein , Herrera,Mensah,Pereira. ( not one of them can cosidered as world class quality ) .

Im pretty sure majority here will disagree with that . Carrick is been our only ball playing mid . Blind is another one but he was alwyas below par when played at mid and I dont think he have a place in Jose squad too. Im not sure what are you trying to say but we seriously lacks the top qaulity in mid .
Totally agree....though is it possible Schneiderlin and Herrera and maybe Schweinsteiger may perform better in a more dynamic midfield set up with the shackles off more....sadly I dont really think so, I would like to see Herrera do well though.

Also I think we have two potential world class players in Mensah and Perreira. I think Mensah may become that with us. If Mourinho does play 4-3-3, Perreira is finished here for me though sadly

jesperjaap

Sits and watches Scholes tapes all day long? I can't believe that is part of this argument as all Rooney got from those tapes is long passes to the wing, if you and him think that is all Scholes did then ok. Carrick is well past it, he cannot play until he's 40 as last season saw plenty of games where it just past him buy, you are so obsessed with bringing Pogba back, something I already said I think we should do, that you are just ignoring logic of how a midfield is constructed and the fact that Pogba still isn't the be all and end all as a proper CM, just throwing a bunch of names in there even though they aren't fits and using two has-beens and a lardy ex striker as examples of having the midfield where it needs to be and then have the nerve to accuse others of "chatting rubbish".
Think you are being harsh on Rooney, obviously he isnt the same player he was at 19-20, he hasnt been for 4 or 5 years, and despite the records never became the player he should have been....BUT, he is still arguably our best and most important player, whether that is a bad or a good thing is another debate altogether.

I think he has done ok playing in cm for club and country, far better than when he was played there for a few games a few years ago, his touch, turn of pace and energy may be nothing what they were, but his maturity as a player, intelligence and decision making is for me good enough to play an important role there for us this season.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Think you are being harsh on Rooney, obviously he isnt the same player he was at 19-20, he hasnt been for 4 or 5 years, and despite the records never became the player he should have been....BUT, he is still arguably our best and most important player, whether that is a bad or a good thing is another debate altogether.

I think he has done ok playing in cm for club and country, far better than when he was played there for a few games a few years ago, his touch, turn of pace and energy may be nothing what they were, but his maturity as a player, intelligence and decision making is for me good enough to play an important role there for us this season.
I don't think it's an argument anymore that he is not our best player.

In terms of stature and reputation,he might still be out most important though.

Ephrem

Totally agree....though is it possible Schneiderlin and Herrera and maybe Schweinsteiger may perform better in a more dynamic midfield set up with the shackles off more....sadly I dont really think so, I would like to see Herrera do well though.

Also I think we have two potential world class players in Mensah and Perreira. I think Mensah may become that with us. If Mourinho does play 4-3-3, Perreira is finished here for me though sadly
Not for me though . I hope jose use 4-3-3 and not 4-2-3-1 . To me Pereira is not a number 10 . His skill set are more suitable to a box-to-box CM role. In the long term I see him similar to someone like Modric ( just a comparison in style of play ) . He can pass well, can dribble past players ( pretty fast too ) , can shoot,can run from deep and is also creative. If properly guided and moulded we will have a top CM in him . But he also needs to work hard , determined and more over should be willing to wait a bit.

Frankly I trust this guy more than Herrera . I think he can do what Herrera can do but pereira has a better passing range and vision . Just hope Jose use him well

Ephrem

To him bringing Pogba will make everthing works !!! .. No point in explaining things to that guy. He even said

Scheirdlein-Pogba
Rooeny

could win the league !!!.

nazanto

So why that Chinese club unwilling to spend that amount of money on Rooney instead? Bigger name, bigger commercial value, and most important, slightly better looking than hulk.

Devil may care

We do have a lot of midfield options, sadly none of the signings have been very good there for a long time not just since Ferguson left. I do think we have the defensive midfielder to fit in with Mensah longer term, but that is probably a year or two away I would think consistantly. We definately need to see some central midfielders sold and I think Im agreeing with you in taht I would like two signed as judging by the apparently more concrete transfer rumours I think Mourinho will be going 4-3-3, I would be happy to see 3 or 4 cm sold and two bought in.
We do have a lot of midfielders but it's quantity over quality like you say, too many that are undefined in their role, not enough that are composed on the ball and rounded in the position. I would definitely like to see some shifted out and Pogba and a DM brought in. Fosu-Mensah has huge potential I agree, but he's 18 and I think we have to develop him more and really see if CB or CM is his best position.

I can't agree there mate, our best 3 players over the last 18 months have been De Gea, Smalling and Martial and no one was more important in our cup run-in than Rashford and Martial. Plus I'd say the first LvG season Carrick was more important, his role in midfield is one we simply don't have anyone else to play properly.

I agree that he has been ok as a CM, especially in the first two England games in the Euros and I know he'll be there all season whether he plays well or not because we cater to him all of the time, but long term I don't think he has the mobility of quality to be a playmaker.

Mainoldo

Simply put.. We need to build a team to get us dominating again. Trying to change the whole midfield set up in one transfer window I think is abit farfectched. Our main problem from 'midfield' last year was that we had no drive... Pogba fits that. That's it..

Carrick doesn't have much left in the tank, Bastian is injury prone but I'm sure they can pull through for one more season. We are not going to sign Toni Kroos, Kante and Pogba in this window just for you to feel complete. Fix the drive first then we can see about dictating tempo. As I named before we have a lot of midfielders and I'd rather they try and show there worth under a new manger instead of doing deadwood clear out again. Let's get some chemistry.

Devil may care

To him bringing Pogba will make everthing works !!! .. No point in explaining things to that guy. He even said

Scheirdlein-Pogba
Rooeny

could win the league !!!.
The Schneiderlin stuff in particular baffles me, it's like Jose is going to perform the miracle of Morgan or something and help him grow balls big enough to play for Manchester United.

When you look at the best 3 man midfield's like Barca, PSG and Dortmund it's pretty clear we are missing a holder to make it work as the only one we have is 35 and barely mobile, yet someone that is irrelevant just shove anyone in there because Pogba solves all issues apparently, despite the fact that I watch Juve most weeks and while he is very good he thrives in a role with 2 deeper CM's behind him and a world class trio of CB's providing a 5 man safgety net to allow him to play with freedom. .

Ephrem

The Schneiderlin stuff in particular baffles me, it's like Jose is going to perform the miracle of Morgan or something and help him grow balls big enough to play for Manchester United.

When you look at the best 3 man midfield's like Barca, PSG and Dortmund it's pretty clear we are missing a holder to make it work as the only one we have is 35 and barely mobile, yet someone that is irrelevant just shove anyone in there because Pogba solves all issues apparently, despite the fact that I watch Juve most weeks and while he is very good he thrives in a role with 2 deeper CM's behind him and a world class trio of CB's providing a 5 man safgety net to allow him to play with freedom. .
Believe me I tired mulitple times saying we need a Carrick repalcement . He said put Morgan there or if that doesnt work put Blind there. Have no idea of players strengths and the importance of the tempo setter in a team.

Devil may care

Simply put.. We need to build a team to get us dominating again. Trying to change the whole midfield set up in one transfer window I think is abit farfectched. Our main problem from 'midfield' last year was that we had no drive... Pogba fits that. That's it..

Carrick doesn't have much left in the tank, Bastian is injury prone but I'm sure they can pull through for one more season. We are not going to sign Toni Kroos, Kante and Pogba in this window just for you to feel complete. Fix the drive first then we can see about dictating tempo. As I named before we have a lot of midfielders and I'd rather they try and show there worth under a new manger instead of doing deadwood clear out again. Let's get some chemistry.
It's not about me feeling complete, it's about buying a Rollls Royce and then not having a secure garage to park it in and make sure it functions at it's best. It's not even about tempo, Rooney is gonna get that job this season, but we need a proper defensive screen to allow Pogba to do what he does best, otherwise we are paying a world record fee for a player without having the right set up for him to thrive, which is daft.

Devil may care

Believe me I tired mulitple times saying we need a Carrick repalcement . He said put Morgan there or if that doesnt work put Blind there. Have no idea of players strengths and the importance of the tempo setter in a team.
For now I'd be fine with a proper DM that will screen and protect the back 4 to at least make us secure, Schneiderlin isn't that player and I can't see Jose fancying Blind. Rooney is going to get the tempo setting role IMO, not what I'd want but it's inescapable this season, so lets get that disciplined DM to at least provide protection.

Ephrem

Spending that kind of money just for the "drive " ? Lets say we got pogba and most probably the biggest issue we will be facing next season will be "there is no one to screen the defense " or "there is no one to play it from the back " . It is pretty much clear to everyone that we need a Carrick replacement and I just believe that should be the first agenda. But if pogba is bought in to do the Carrick job ( he could do that with proper guidance and positional discipline ) then I am okay with it but I am just not so sure about that.

Ephrem

For now I'd be fine with a proper DM that will screen and protect the back 4 to at least make us secure, Schneiderlin isn't that player and I can't see Jose fancying Blind. Rooney is going to get the tempo setting role IMO, not what I'd want but it's inescapable this season, so lets get that disciplined DM to at least provide protection.
Well we think alike it seems . Get the back 4 and proper DM (ball playing one though ) set this year and start to dominate opponents comfortably. The rebuilding works always starts from the back.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He is nowhere as important for them as he was when Hummels and him were one of the best defensive partnerships in Europe, but still, the sheer amount of players leaving Dortmund this season :eek: Hummels, Gundogan, Micky (hopefully), now him... Plus Auba doesn't look so pleased at the moment
Hopefully Dembele and Weigl will have a great season.

Mainoldo

Spending that kind of money just for the "drive " ? Lets say we got pogba and most probably the biggest issue we will be facing next season will be "there is no one to screen the defense " or "there is no one to play it from the back " . It is pretty much clear to everyone that we need a Carrick replacement and I just believe that should be the first agenda. But if pogba is bought in to do the Carrick job ( he could do that with proper guidance and positional discipline ) then I am okay with it but I am just not so sure about that.
But Carrick is still here? What are we going to do play him and his replacement together? We don't need a 'screen' we have players capable of doing that job. Pogba has an eye for a pass as we have all seen his job will be to offer us attacking prowess from the middle. He is not Juan Riquelme to answer Devlz so I don't get where he is going with Rolls Royce. He works hard just like everyone else his just not as good defensively as a player designed just to sit.

When Carrick leaves which I'm sure will be next year we can discuss his replacement because let's be honest tempo setting defensive midfielders are not common and I doubt we will get another one. Which is why I said get Pogba first then we can decide what midfielder complements him after we have him because I sure know you guys don't know.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nice. I don't think Witsel is particularly good.

CM

Witsel's the type of player that you hear rave reviews about but never seems to justify the hype. He must be doing something right if he consistently makes the Belgium team ahead of Dembele/Nainggolan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.