Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephrem

I yawned 3 times. But yeah we will see. This isn't the Tom Cleverly era our midfield is alright with plenty of options. Hell if it doesn't work play Schneiderlin.. Put Blind in there. We have enough quality to not worry about getting another ball playing midfielder (sorry deep line one). We can get one when we have a striker situation and are left with nothing.
Plenty of options ? who are Carricks replacements ? We have good box to box CM's in Schneirdlein , Herrera,Mensah,Pereira. ( not one of them can cosidered as world class quality ) .

Im pretty sure majority here will disagree with that . Carrick is been our only ball playing mid . Blind is another one but he was alwyas below par when played at mid and I dont think he have a place in Jose squad too. Im not sure what are you trying to say but we seriously lacks the top qaulity in mid .

Ephrem

When you play as defensive and negative as we did under LvG where both CM's just sit and hold then yeah, you aren't going to get overran, but if Pogba and Rooney make up 2 of the midfield 3 then you expect them to move forward a lot of the time as that is their strength, which means you need a proper holding CM with power, athleticism, positional sense and energy to protect the back 4 and fill the gaps, not a 35 year old statue or a crocked CM past his best, Schneiderlin is not a holder before you say, he's a ball winner, he lacks the discipline and positional qualities to be a proper holding midfielder, his best work for Southampton was with Wanyama holding and him hunting for the ball as more of a box to box. I'm not saying Pogba coming in is not a good thing, it is, but it doesn't alter the fact that to use him properly you need the right partner and we don't have that in this squad.
Good post ! . Even if we get pogba we may need to get a holding mid . People here are just making the mid with any players . It works in FM though

United Pro

But yet we got overran by a 20minute cameo by Arsenal and Spurs last season and that was it. I'm dismissing him because the argument we get Pogba and lose all defensive prowess is just stupid. We have enough midfielders to set up a good comination. It's not our job to sort that out but Mourinho.
Agreed. The problem with the Arsenal game anyway, was that LVG played a midfield 2 of Schweinsteiger and Carrick and neither shielded the back 4 and stopped Ozil running in behind. It was more got to do with the combination of players and the system used. Mourinho will likely to change this. At the very least, I can't see him playing that same combination in a 2 man midfield. But imo we are lacking a midfielder who can drive through midfield and can dribble past several players to create space for others in the team. For a team like United, where opposition sit deep, a midfielder with that attribute is important.

prateik

So will it be a double announcement? or does Zlatan get his own unveiling?

Ephrem

But yet we got overran by a 20minute cameo by Arsenal and Spurs last season and that was it. I'm dismissing him because the argument we get Pogba and lose all defensive prowess is just stupid. We have enough midfielders to set up a good comination. It's not our job to sort that out but Mourinho.
What stupidity is this ? Can you point out where did I said this ?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Excuses

He snubbed us.
Where's your actual proof?...Thinking something is different to being able to prove it. Don't forget also, we've been linked to other players in a similar position. So it's not like we only had one option.

Eddy_JukeZ

Where's your actual proof?...Thinking something is different to being able to prove it. Don't forget also, we've been linked to other players in a similar position. So it's not like we only had one option.
I think he was being sarcastic.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Excuses

He snubbed us.
I reckon after his recent performances in the Euros Mourinho has rightly decided against making a bid for him.

Also, the fact he is very raw he needs to be playing regularly and not sat on the bench or playing in our mediocre U-21 league.

ReDDHDevilS

Agreed. The problem with the Arsenal game anyway, was that LVG played a midfield 2 of Schweinsteiger and Carrick and neither shielded the back 4 and stopped Ozil running in behind. It was more got to do with the combination of players and the system used. Mourinho will likely to change this. At the very least, I can't see him playing that same combination in a 2 man midfield. But imo we are lacking a midfielder who can drive through midfield and can dribble past several players to create space for others in the team. For a team like United, where opposition sit deep, a midfielder with that attribute is important.
The Arsenal collapse was purely down to wrong tactics. Schweinsteiger was pressing so high up the pitch that he left Carrick completely on his own which was a recipe for disaster and so it happened. I remember G. Neville was going absolutely nuts and or 30 minutes or so was continuously questioning why LVG wasn't rectifying his tactical blunder.

cully84

Tomorrow please, nothing better than good news on a crappy Monday morning.

lysglimt

Scout
We should all hope Brighton or one of the Bristol clubs don't sell a player this week - the tabloids will use Brexit for all it's worth

Mainoldo

When you play as defensive and negative as we did under LvG where both CM's just sit and hold then yeah, you aren't going to get overran, but if Pogba and Rooney make up 2 of the midfield 3 then you expect them to move forward a lot of the time as that is their strength, which means you need a proper holding CM with power, athleticism, positional sense and energy to protect the back 4 and fill the gaps, not a 35 year old statue or a crocked CM past his best, Schneiderlin is not a holder before you say, he's a ball winner, he lacks the discipline and positional qualities to be a proper holding midfielder, his best work for Southampton was with Wanyama holding and him hunting for the ball as more of a box to box. I'm not saying Pogba coming in is not a good thing, it is, but it doesn't alter the fact that to use him properly you need the right partner and we don't have that in this squad.
Rooney does not move forward with LVG or without him. He sits and watches Scholes tapes all day long he is not a box to box CM. Michael Carrick has never been a robust DM midfielder so why is he going to be one now? He will do what he does normally and he could do it at 40 if he wanted to. You guys are chatting Rubbish because you assume Pogba is some sort of Yaya Toure immobile block.

Pogba will work like everyone else in the midfield and with Carrick, Rooney, Blind, Schneiderlin or Bastian we have players who are aware of their defensive duties. If the game requires a more solid approach we have enough players even if it means grooming TMF. As far as we should be concerned a stronger defence means we don't need to have a flat back two in midfield not moving past the half way line.

Barnslig

So will it be a double announcement? or does Zlatan get his own unveiling?
What do you honestly think? Zlatan would never be down for a double announcement. United doesn't announce Zlatan, Zlatan announces he's chosen United.

AirHunter9

We should all hope Brighton or one of the Bristol clubs don't sell a player this week - the tabloids will use Brexit for all it's worth

Not sure I follow. What do you mean by this?

Are you referring to the fact that Brighton and Bristol voted 'remain' in the referendum?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Are you referring to the fact that Brighton and Bristol voted 'remain' in the referendum?
Assuming he means the press often come up with crappy headlines, the start of the club's names followed by exit, same as Britain exit, Brexit also works for Brighton and Bristol.

prath92

Think he means the mirror will use brexit as a pun. Like James Wilson on brexit - to indicate he is exiting from brighton :p

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I reckon after his recent performances in the Euros Mourinho has rightly decided against making a bid for him.

Also, the fact he is very raw he needs to be playing regularly and not sat on the bench or playing in our mediocre U-21 league.
Probably think we had scouts watching him,but I doubt it ever got to the bid stage.

It's unlikely it was merely the tournament that sealed it. I doubt we would make a multi million pound decision based on just 4 games. I think we are far better run that .

Status
Not open for further replies.