Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Which suggests to me that the Fabinho transfer will happen fairly soon. Only Napoli and United have been linked to him recently.
Surely a Napoli transfer would only occur if Hysaj moves? He had a very good Euros but I haven't seen any links on a potential departure.

CM

Anyone else finding City's signings and supposed targets strange? I was expecting them to go the Galactico route just like you guys with Mourinho are going. I've never even heard of these guys they're after...
Yeah they don't seem very intimidating at all. Even less so when they inevitably sign Stones.

Bruno8

This Homegrown thing is only good if the players are going to play games not to just make up numbers to meet registration requirements

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Surely a Napoli transfer would only occur if Hysaj moves? He had a very good Euros but I haven't seen any links on a potential departure.
I'm not sure why they're after him either. Can't work it out as it seems unlikely they'd drop Jorginho in DM or Hysaj as RB. They're apparently balking at the fee for Fabinho according to the Italian media.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
We were linked to Matuidi in the past when his contract was running out a few seasons ago.
It was a technicality back then and there was a clear agreement in place that he would stay at PSG, any links were baseless rumours.

Dunno about this time round though, but I've heard Emery isn't keen on him. I was actually saying to a friend yesterday he was a player that would thrive under Mourinho, didn't actually think we'd be linked with him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It was a technicality back then and there was a clear agreement in place that he would stay at PSG, any links were baseless rumours.

Dunno about this time round though, but I've heard Emery isn't keen on him. I was actually saying to a friend yesterday he was a player that would thrive under Mourinho, didn't actually think we'd be linked with him.
I remember us being mentioned in the press as having scouted him though. It was back when I hoped we'd get Rakitic and Matuidi as a midfield partnership. Either way, I really rate Matuidi so would be excellent if we did manage to get him. Having said all that, we do seem to be linked/signing half of Europe at the moment.

Keegs

Would love matuidi here, makes sense with mino as his agent and if we dont get pogba we can have him he's a world class ball destroyer and eats up ground in midfield.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The rule doesn't allow for more than 17 non-homegrown players in the 25 man squad.

Its the same thing basically as what I said. And was comprehensively explained by another poster.

Utdstar01

Matuidi would be a very good signing if he can recapture his his best form. Goal are reporting it so most probably BS, unless they have a viable source.

Status
Not open for further replies.