g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

You would be if it meant Fellaini is sold... right...?
Of course I would rather him than Fellaini.

I think we could spend the big fee that it'd probably cost to sign Matuidi elsewhere, rather than on him.

Tiber

Another CM? A- This does not bode well for Pogba. B- I really like Schneiderlin I wish Jose would show some faith in him

VanGaalyTime

Would quite like Matuidi here. He's a bit older than I'd like for an all-action midfielder, at 29, but his passing is among the best in the world. Over 91% pass completion in all games over last season. Comparing him to Carrick at 86% shows why players like Matuidi are so important in the modern game.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He was in London apparently.
Could still be us given Eds HQ is in London.

United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
West Ham

So it's going to be one of those five you'd think. West Ham probably doubtful but they are throwing silly money around. Tottenham do need midfield reinforcements and if that story about Mason is true then they do have some extra cash floating about. Doubtful Arsenal would go for him given they just signed Xhaka, could be Chelsea if Mikel is off.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is Matuidi to Utd link based only on MEN's reports and because we have bought 2 of his players this summer, or is there something more to it?

United Pro

Would quite like Matuidi here. He's a bit older than I'd like for an all-action midfielder, at 29, but his passing is among the best in the world. Over 91% pass completion in all games over last season. Comparing him to Carrick at 86% shows why players like Matuidi are so important in the modern game.
Matuidi's passing is among the best in the world? Is that based solely on his pass accuracy and his assist last night? Matuidi is a pretty average passer imo. If we compare with other French midfielders, his passing would edge Kante's but it would be far inferior to Pogba's. But saying that Matuidi strong point is his explosive box to box game, so passing isn't as important in his game.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Why are none of these lower table teams with a sudden dose of cash on the hip not bidding silly money for our deadwood! :mad:
That's what I was thinking too, I mean, surely we can at least get £30 million for the likes of Mata? (Not that I necessarily want to see him sold).

Perhaps it's because the majority of our players are on big wages.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I cannot believe Liverpool will recoup their money on Benteke. This league is haywire.

VanGaalyTime

Matuidi's passing is among the best in the world? Is that based solely on his pass accuracy and his assist last night? Matuidi is a pretty average passer imo. If we compare with other French midfielders, his passing would edge Kante's but it would be far inferior to Pogba's. But saying that Matuidi strong point is his explosive box to box game, so passing isn't as important in his game.
He keeps things simple and builds from the back. Pogba is certainly the better passer over 50 yards but you need a player that can find angles with those quick short passes and Matuidi is an expert at that. His engine is also excellent, but I'd worry if we sign a 29-year-old based on his engine.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
£31.5m for Benteke and we can't even find a taker for Rooney. :lol:

Martial

When Liverpool so often buy and can only attract the "best" midtable dross in the first place, it makes perfect sense they would have players which other midtable clubs would desperately and realistically want.

It really isn't anything to be elated about, as it's a reflection on the quality of players the selling club attracts to the club.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Could still be us given Eds HQ is in London.

United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
West Ham
Wouldn't get near Tottenhams midfield

In all seriousness, at his age, If it was us, I wouldn't want a big fee. Being PSG and the wages he is on, could be costly. Other than that, a good player

CM

That's what I was thinking too, I mean, surely we can at least get £30 million for the likes of Mata? (Not that I necessarily want to see him sold).

Perhaps it's because the majority of our players are on big wages.
Benteke reportedly earns £120k p/w at Liverpool so there's hope for us yet

dichinero

Oh come off it. This is not funny anymore. I'd be buzzing if we sold all of Rooney, Fellaini, Young, Rojo and maybe Valencia for £100m, even throw Jones in there. C'mon China!

United Pro

He keeps things simple and builds from the back. Pogba is certainly the better passer over 50 yards but you need a player that can find angles with those quick short passes and Matuidi is an expert at that. His engine is also excellent, but I'd worry if we sign a 29-year-old based on his engine.
Yes exactly, he keeps things simple, which is exactly the reason for his high pass accuracy. I feel that whenever pass accuracy is compared, you have to compare the average pass length along with it. Yeah I've said the same earlier, I wouldn't want Matuidi as he's not at an age where his main assets in his game will drop. Saying that if he costs less than £20m, then it's not too bad (especially considering PSG signed imo the superior Krychowiak who's also only 26 years old for around £23m.)

Judas

Open to offers
Well when he last told friends stuff it was that he was confident of landing the job as manager, so in Jose telling his friends stuff I trust. It's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.