g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

Good signing.
Pretty short contract though isn't it? If he has a stormer this season they'll have to negotiate next summer to avoid letting him run into his final year.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Feghouli is good but hardly a world beater, is he?

West Ham seems about his level.

Norris

Pep player. Back-up to hart, won't be asked to play for the U21s, good deal for them really. But wondering what'll happen to Caballero. He's not half bad himself.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Accidentally deleted instead of edited. Had a right mare.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
With the money influx in the PL I think we will see a lot of clubs sign players that previously wouldn't go to those clubs.

WH, Southampton, Everton, Tottenham, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Stoke etc.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is it just me or do loads of young players leave them? Teixeira, Rossiter, Sinclair, etc.. Maybe this happens with every club but I hear about it with Liverpool a lot.
I think most of our younger players end up being let go due to not being good enough.

They usually get a go in the first team at some point though so maybe that's why you hear about them?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Pep player. Back-up to hart, won't be asked to play for the U21s, good deal for them really. But wondering what'll happen to Caballero. He's not half bad himself.
Caballero is leaving, looks like he's going to Spain, Espanyol and Celta Vigo linked recently. Not keen on Valdes to be honest, Caballero is better. The only bonus is he is good with the ball at his feet but if Hart got injured I'd have no faith in Valdes to step up in terms of outright goalkeeping ability. No point selling Caballero to replace him with Valdes.

izec

He couldn't even get in the team at Standard Liège. The few games he played were awful. He had some howlers.
Pep trusts Valdes more.

And Hart has no howlers? Hart is shit with his feet. If Valdes isnt the answer, Hart isnt either. His passing and coming off the line are atrocious. Pep will relegate him to the bench sooner or later.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pep trusts Valdes more.

And Hart has no howlers? Hart is shit with his feet. If Valdes isnt the answer, Hart isnt either. His passing and coming off the line are atrocious. Pep will relegate him to the bench sooner or later.
Great but the question is, is he still good enough? He hasn't played for a while and coming off a bad injury. It was said at United that he hadn't fully recovered from that injury and it was affecting his play. We'll soon find out I guess.

izec

Great but the question is, is he still good enough? He hasn't played for a while and coming off a bad injury. It was said at United that he hadn't fully recovered from that injury and it was affecting his play. We'll soon find out I guess.
Like i said, Valdes isnt perfect, but certainly fits the profile. I can see Valdes improving and getting his confidence back to a certainn degree, to be a good keeper for them. I dont see Hart improving that much in the areas where Valdes is miles ahead of him. Both are not good enough for them, but from these 2, i back Valdes to play more games.

onemanarmy

Sure, but Hart also plays VERY good games. Valdes has played 9 games in 3 years, at 34 years old.

Judas

Open to offers
Hart is a much better keeper to have starting in the Premier League than Valdes in 2016. Can't believe anyone would think differently, and I personally think Hart is overrated.

United Pro

Hart is a much better keeper to have starting in the Premier League than Valdes in 2016. Can't believe anyone would think differently, and I personally think Hart is overrated.
Hart is well overrated but Valdes even more so. Hart at his best was better than Valdes imo.

Santos J

The rest of the league are going to regret letting that happen. On a free too...
Hardly, he's as inconsistent as they get and he's not exactly set the world alight this season at all. He'll be good on his day for West Ham but doubt he'll improve them much really.

prath92

Hart is in no way poorer than valdes in shot stopping. No way in hell he will start. In fact I hope Valdes starts for them

onemanarmy

Save percentage statistics would indicate otherwise
What you don't seem to understand is that this guy is 34 years old, and has played 9!! games in 3 years. To think he would replace Hart in a matter of a few games is ridiculous.

Anduin

Valdes is much more suited to Pep's way of playing and interpretation of football than Hart is though. The rumours of interest in Marc Andre Ter Stegen should've told us a bit about how Pep rates Hart. I will reserve judgement for now, but providing Valdes can prove his fitness and indeed signs for City I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Hart is relegated to the bench.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
What you don't seem to understand is that this guy is 34 years old, and has played 9!! games in 3 years. To think he would replace Hart in a matter of a few games is ridiculous.
All it means is that you haven't seen him play much, partly due to an ACL injury, partly due to a nutter like LVG and partly due to Standard electing to play their youth.

34? How old was Van Der Sar when he retired? His age is immaterial at this point, Claudio Bravo is 33 so is his career over?

onemanarmy

partly due to Standard electing to play their youth.
That's not what happened. He played couple of games in a row, in which he performed so terribly that the manager was forced to put him on the bench. He was the laughing stock of the national press here.

Van der Sar had never had any major injuries and played on a reasonable level before joining us.

Status
Not open for further replies.