Summer transfer window

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I dont want us to spend anything with him in charge.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
i read somewhere that moyes said that vidic successor is already at OT and expects jones,smalling and Evans to step up. It seems that we wont spend big on a central defender.

Yes.... Yessss.....

Promote them ALL from within!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I made this point in another thread *and quite a few other times actually). I feel we may be disappointed if we aee expecting two midfielders. I reckon one this summer and one next year may be more accurate, unless we sell Cleverley this summer anyway.
It's gonna be a leftback, a centreback, a midfielder and some sort of attacking player.

To replace Fabio, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Anderson, Zaha, Kagawa, Nani, Giggs, and one of Van Persie or Hernandez. Maybe both.

To be fair, you do have way too many players attached. The worry is less about the numbers as it is who goes and who gets to stay (young/valencia ahead of kagawa/nani, vidic/ferdinand leaving behind jones/smalling).

Mojo_pin

It's gonna be a leftback, a centreback, a midfielder and some sort of attacking player.

To replace Fabio, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Anderson, Zaha, Kagawa, Nani, Giggs, and one of Van Persie or Hernandez. Maybe both.

To be fair, you do have way too many players attached. The worry is less about the numbers as it is who goes and who gets to stay (young/valencia ahead of kagawa/nani, vidic/ferdinand leaving behind jones/smalling).
The only way we'll come close to reaching that expense is if the 'right' players are available and others leave. I personally, would be happy with one of following 'linked' players: Vertonghen/Garay, Shaw/Alex Sandro/Ricardo Rodriguez, Axel Witsel/William Carvalho/Kevin Strootman, and Marco Reus/Antoine Griezmann(my favorite) - to replace the departed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Of course, if there really was 200m to spend you wonder why a genius like Fergie either didn't want to spend it or wasn't allowed!

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Why are we spending 200m to create a squad "even Moyes can win with", instead of trying to find a good manager who can win with the squad we already have (and already won things with)?

buckooo1978

Why are we spending 200m to create a squad "even Moyes can win with", instead of trying to find a good manager who can win with the squad we already have (and already won things with)?
it seems so anti-glazer to me as well

what would they suddenly start acting like oil barons throwing money around recklessly

I don't buy it

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
Why are we spending 200m to create a squad "even Moyes can win with", instead of trying to find a good manager who can e win with the squad we already have (and already won things with)?
It's mental isn't it? People have just accepted that we basically need a squad so good a chimp could manage it and only then can we judge Moyes.

hungrywing

Of course, if there really was 200m to spend you wonder why a genius like Fergie either didn't want to spend it or wasn't allowed!
TBF, that's pretty much the last thing he'd have done, don't you think? He was waging a one-man war against the crazy money in football during those last years. And he was winning, too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's mental isn't it? People have just accepted that we basically need a squad so good a chimp could manage it and only then can we judge Moyes.
Very true and good point.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I always wonder that. It's like the board are willing to give him whatever money he needs to negate his obvious lack of talent, instead of just getting a good manager who would challenge for the title with what we already have. Basically what Moyes is telling us is that he needs a squad and starting 11 like what Bayern or Madrid have, just to qualify for the champions league, and we seem to be okay with that. Shocking really.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'd be disgusted if after this season Moyes got anything remotely close to £200m to spend so he could get them to compete for top 4.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Sacking Moyes should be our first move of the summer transfer window. Hopefully our new manager wont need as long as him assessing new targets however.
I agree with you 100% Moyes is not a catastrophe waiting to happen he is one that has already happened. I am amazed that he is still manager and I question the mental integrity of the club.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I think £200m is about what is needed to get these squad back to a level where it competes on all fronts.

Two top quality CMs - £80m would be a decent budget for that.
Quality CB - Easily £30m
Leftback - The kid Shaw would cost £25-30m
Winger - £40m

So you would have change from £200m but not much.

People who think those figures are inflated in anyway are simply out of touch. Just look at the fees paid in the last two years and think about the sort of caliber players we really need.

Moyes has done terrible - worse than we could imagine. But this isn't Moyes team - Hopefully he can build one himself with better quality in it. Let's see - we're going to have to, either way as he is not going anywhere and will get the summer.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think £200m is about what is needed to get these squad back to a level where it competes on all fronts.

Quality CB - Easily £30m
Winger - £40m

So you would have change from £200m but not much.

People who think those figures are inflated in anyway are simply out of touch. Just look at the fees paid in the last two years and think about the sort of caliber players we really need.

Moyes has done terrible - worse than we could imagine. But this isn't Moyes team - Hopefully he can build one himself with better quality in it. Let's see - we're going to have to, either way as he is not going anywhere and will get the summer.
You're so annoying with your attitude, our teams is all right and we don't need £200m spending.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Quality CB - Easily £30m
Winger - £40m
Do we need a winger in this transfer window? Valencia and Young are obviously awful (for the level we want to at at least) but even ignoring them, in terms of the three or four attacking places on the pitch we'd still theoretically have Mata, Kagawa, Giggs, Januzaj, Nani, Zaha and Lingard to rotate with the gruesome twosome to play around the strikers (depending on formation) - these might already be too many players to keep satisfied with a season of just 38 league games and however many Premier League sides we manage to get past in the domestic cup draws.

Of course if some of them leave (Kagawa and Nani probably, maybe Zaha and Lingard either on loan or permanently?) I suppose we'd have the space in the squad, but I think that might be too many new faces to settle in at once - the other positions you highlight there should be the priority, centre-back especially as we amazingly seem to survive whenever we ignore the central-midfield but the defence has been shocking this season and will lack numbers next season (even if Michael Keane is promoted).

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Do we need a winger in this transfer window? Valencia and Young are obviously awful (for the level we want to at at least) but even ignoring them, in terms of the three or four attacking places on the pitch we'd still theoretically have Mata, Kagawa, Giggs, Januzaj, Nani, Zaha and Lingard to rotate with the gruesome twosome to play around the strikers (depending on formation) - these might already be too many players to keep satisfied with a season of just 38 league games and however many Premier League sides we manage to get past in the domestic cup draws.

Of course if some of them leave (Kagawa and Nani probably, maybe Zaha and Lingard either on loan or permanently?) I suppose we'd have the space in the squad, but I think that might be too many new faces to settle in at once - the other positions you highlight there should be the priority, centre-back especially as we amazingly seem to survive whenever we ignore the central-midfield but the defence has been shocking this season and will lack numbers next season (even if Michael Keane is promoted).
I see no reason for not including Giggs in the 'may potentially leave' list. He is the least likely of the players you mentioned to be there next season.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I see no reason for not including Giggs in the 'may potentially leave' list. He is the least likely of the players you mentioned to be there next season.
Fair enough - I didn't include him given how unique he is, and as we've heard nothing about his future either-way (he's close to 1,000 games for the club, but he's hardly playing any more anyway). I think we're unlikely to allow all those attackers to leave at once, but even so I would be concerned about bringing in too many new faces at once. For me, the defence and midfield should be the priority.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You're so annoying with your attitude, our teams is all right and we don't need £200m spending.
Thank goodness that guy isn't in control of our budget, we'd be broke within about a year.

yanuzay

post stats or gtfo
Two of our Targets in Pjanic and Benatia have been invited by the PSG owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi to watch the game between PSG vs OM

We just CAN'T compete. Once those two sit down and watch our match....

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A shame, both would be perfect for us (we'd still need a more defensive midfielder but that's besides the point). Both top class players for sure though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
PSG have built a great team by almost exclusively pillaging Serie A talent.

Mister Ed

PSG have built a great team by almost exclusively pillaging Serie A talent.
Indeed made smart use of the financial situation at Milan to get Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic at discount prices. They added Lavezzi and Cavani from Napoli, Motta from Inter and took a gamble that paid off with signing Verratti from Pescara. Signed Sirigu and Pastore from Palermo and added centreback toptalent Marquinhos from Roma.

Like 90% off their team comes from signing Serie A players.