Sunderland bid £12m for O'Shea, Gibson & Brown

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Well done, youve separated my quote into little parts out of context. Youve sure shown me.

Not worth debating if youre only interested in making yourself look like some intelligent being.

Infact theres not much point debating over gibson in general because people only see a shit player worth nothing and thats not going to change.
Wrong. Get off your high horse. There's plenty of people here who admit to Gibson being a decent player capable of more but at the same time has a number of limitations to his game as well which makes him very limited in a 2 man midfield and ergo, not what we need atm.

Only you have to get in every Gibson thread and moan about him being undervalued by united fans which while is true to a certain extent but isnt as bad as you'd point out. Surely, United willing to sell him says a lot about him as a player for us. If you still think all the people who see him for what he actually is are feckwits, well then you're in for a rude awakening.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Not an argument you wish to pursue, for obvious reasons.

He has played sporadically for us, been deemed not good enough, is surplus to requirements, and is obviously up for sale. For not a lot, if the fee agreed with Sunderland is any indicator.

How is he worth £40 grand a week?
Who said he was worth anything, the question I answered was 'what did he achieve?' And IMO over 100 appearances for one of the best sides on the planet is quite well done.

Arguing that anyone is or isn't 'worth' 40k a week of someone else's money is retarded anyway.

Mickey

Stop paying attention to this a while ago
Wrong. Get off your high horse. There's plenty of people here who admit to Gibson being a decent player capable of more but at the same time has a number of limitations to his game as well which makes him very limited in a 2 man midfield and ergo, not what we need atm.

Only you have to get in every Gibson thread and moan about him being undervalued by united fans which while is true to a certain extent but isnt as bad as you'd point out. Surely, United willing to sell him says a lot about him as a player for us. If you still think all the people who see him for what he actually is are feckwits, well then you're in for a rude awakening.
Im going by what i see, and what i see if the vast majority of fans use him as a scapegoat whenever he plays and brand him "shit" and "useless" yadda yadda.

I never said i was the only one who thought he was a decent player (well i did after that quote, but that was sarcasm). The majority rate gibson as nothing. Not all, majority.

And i dont get your point about united willing to sell him? United have been willing to sell a few players in the past. Hell, we just got rid of two of the most experienced players at the club, and one of them was still a vital member of the squad. So what does united willingness to sell have to do with it?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Infact theres not much point debating over gibson in general because people only see a shit player worth nothing and thats not going to change.
I don't, I think he'll be quite decent given a regular start.

I don't think he can expect 40k a week from the likes of Sunderland actually based on what he's achieved because in real terms he's achieved feck all. He's never even been a regular for a premier league club.

Lance Uppercut

"Gibson is not worth £40 Grand a week"

"You have an unnatural sectarian hatred of Gibson."

:lol:

You "people" are ridiculous.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I don't, I think he'll be quite decent given a regular start.

I don't think he can expect 40k a week from the likes of Sunderland actually based on what he's achieved because in real terms he's achieved feck all. He's never even been a regular for a premier league club.
Maybe he's just angling for another year here; maybe he thinks he can step up. Who knows the actual figures or the real details.

Lance Uppercut

I see what Lance is at here. To save him putting individuals on ignore, he's trying to get the masses to put him on ignore.
How this "Mickey" character slipped through the net I have no idea.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Im going by what i see, and what i see if the vast majority of fans use him as a scapegoat whenever he plays and brand him "shit" and "useless" yadda yadda.

I never said i was the only one who thought he was a decent player (well i did after that quote, but that was sarcasm). The majority rate gibson as nothing. Not all, majority.

And i dont get your point about united willing to sell him? United have been willing to sell a few players in the past. Hell, we just got rid of two of the most experienced players at the club, and one of them was still a vital member of the squad. So what does united willingness to sell have to do with it?
What are you on about? Is that same annoying rant that you religiously go through in the match-day thread?
Well, The MAJORITY see him as a player who doesnt quite cut it here. Hardly a crime, since they're right. There are some idiots who give him incessant abuse but thats true for most players.

Do you really not see the difference between United offloading O'shea/Brown and offloading Gibson? Your hard on for Gibson is getting really annoying even for people who rate him as a decent player or whatever.

Lance Uppercut

I'm a bit shocked too tbh. If I had a blacklist he'd be on it.

Never had you down as a sectarian though Lance. Putting your feet up now and nursing the blisters after a long day?
Nah, I have petrol bombs to throw. I just need to find a skirmish to join in with. Is that Drumcree shit still on? I bought fireworks and everything.

Mickey

Stop paying attention to this a while ago
What are you on about? Is that same annoying rant that you religiously go through in the match-day thread?
Well, The MAJORITY see him as a player who doesnt quite cut it here. Hardly a crime, since they're right. There are some idiots who give him incessant abuse but thats true for most players.

Do you really not see the difference between United offloading O'shea/Brown and offloading Gibson? Your hard on for Gibson is getting really annoying even for people who rate him as a decent player or whatever.
Well if you get so annoyed about my posts about gibson, no ones forcing you to read them.

MacMUFC

So is Gibson going or staying then?

My pub team could do with a midfielder.

Ole'sbodyguard

To be honest as long as we sign one genuine first team midfielder I would have no issues giving Gibson one more year. Scholes and Hargreaves have gone, Giggs is 37 and Fletcher looks to be struggling with this illness. Even with one quality midfielder added and Cleverley brought back, it's not exactly overstocked with players.

His last two years have been decent enough and as a squad player who gets a few starts in the league cup, CL dead rubber games, FA cup and in the league when needed he does the job.

I would hardly be surprised if he was sold on but he's never been anywhere near as bad as he has been painted on the CAF the last few years and he's much better than a pub footballer. One more year before the likes of Morrison and Pogba are ready for the limited league cup games is fine by me.

VoetbalWizard

To be honest as long as we sign one genuine first team midfielder I would have no issues giving Gibson one more year. Scholes and Hargreaves have gone, Giggs is 37 and Fletcher looks to be struggling with this illness. Even with one quality midfielder added and Cleverley brought back, it's not exactly overstocked with players.

His last two years have been decent enough and as a squad player who gets a few starts in the league cup, CL dead rubber games, FA cup and in the league when needed he does the job.

I would hardly be surprised if he was sold on but he's never been anywhere near as bad as he has been painted on the CAF the last few years and he's much better than a pub footballer. One more year before the likes of Morrison and Pogba are ready for the limited league cup games is fine by me.
The issue with gibbo is if he stays another year, will we give him a 12 month extension? he only has one year left on his contract. he can walk on a bosman next summer.

Ole'sbodyguard

The issue with gibbo is if he stays another year, will we give him a 12 month extension? he only has one year left on his contract. he can walk on a bosman next summer.
True. It would be the right time to cash in from that perspective and his transfer is more likely than not.

I'm just saying keeping Gibson another year is something that really does not bother me much either way. It's abit like Owen still being part of the squad. Such players are handy to have around in the event of injury problems and if Welbeck and Cleverley are good enough they would have no problems getting ahead of them anyway.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Is anyone else actually a little bit concerned with our full back-options? I mean, Rafael, Fabio, Evra. That's three full-backs, in addition we've seen Evans and Smalling play there, at a stretch Fletcher, Valencia and Giggs, but none of those are ideal. Should we be signing a new FB or promote from within, or do we manage with the options available to us? There's been a long time since we've got that little cover at full-back.