4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar_kane

Really strange technique, looks very haphazard on the ball (albeit, rapid) although not sure if that's down to his gangly frame/mad hair.

It's a bit like watching Fellaini on fast forward.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Really strange technique, looks very haphazard on the ball (albeit, rapid) although not sure if that's down to his gangly frame/mad hair.

Can't unsee this anymore.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very interesting what happens with him next 6 months. I’m really hoping we go for Sancho in the summer, but part of me thinks we may do some sort of ‘United way’ thing and opt to give our own a chance instead.

What I can say is that I can’t see a new young winger coming in and Chong staying. He’ll be 20 next season. He’ll surely get a chance next few months to see if the investment is needed.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Very interesting what happens with him next 6 months. I’m really hoping we go for Sancho in the summer, but part of me thinks we may do some sort of ‘United way’ thing and opt to give our own a chance instead.

What I can say is that I can’t see a new young winger coming in and Chong staying. He’ll be 20 next season. He’ll surely get a chance next few months to see if the investment is needed.
I'd expect an older RW to come in and Chong to be a competition to him. No chance I see a Dembele coming in and taking away any opportunity for him to come through

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is in the travelling squad against Newcastle according to MEN.

Web of Bissaka

He is in the travelling squad against Newcastle according to MEN.
Is he? Which one at MEN?

I just had a look, there are inconsistencies there.

The title that say "he's in the travelling squad to Newcastle" link goes to the first Juventus game way back with Mou.

MEN also have zero idea on our Newcastle travelling squad full list, so it's likely a mistake of typo.

EDIT: Nvm, just saw the recent updated sources, :lol: seems reliable enough.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was part of the travelling squad to Newcastle,so could be in contention for the cup game against Reading. Hopefully he gets a opportunity at RW on Saturday.

TsuWave

i was thinking the same. seems like a pace merchant

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Hopefully we see him against Reading. As others pointed out, I doubt he is really ready and needs another 2 years or so to develop

Sylar

Think he was trying to hard to impress today. But was nice to see him get on in a game like this.

Minimalist

Brian Clough on Chong said:
Get your hair cut, you look like a girl...
Nice to see him get on. Was probably the best moment of the match given the lack of entertainment otherwise.

Not sure he impressed much. Looks like he's needs another couple years to develop (maybe a loan) before we could use him in the squad.

el3mel

Needs to bulk up a little bit (Not Lukaku esque though). Talented but physically still long way to go. Same for Gomes too btw.

haram

The signs were there in pre season that he isn’t ready. Not sure why people want to rush him into the team. Then again, people wnat to rush every young player into the team.

L1nk

Can't really judge him on his cameo but was extremely eager to impress which worked against him multiple times, definitely needs to bulk up a little but should also go out on loan in the summer I believe

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I have seen him maybe three times now with the seniors. Has not impressed tbh. I hope i am wrong but i would be skeptical about whether he will make it.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Our central midfield was non-existent today. He played with a poor Dalot behind him and the less said about McTominay the better. Sure he might have tried too hard to impress but that is natural. Give him a chance to play with the big boys and he'll do much better.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When you see Chong up against seasoned pros its striking how slender he is. Bog standard Premier League fullbacks would bully Chong as he is. Needs time to fill out and develop. Should be allowed to come on slowly and be re-evaluated in a year or two. You compare Chong to Januzaj at the same age and its clear he needs more time in the oven before he's ready.

Steven Seagull

Bet that was a real buzz for him, hope he enjoyed it and wants to learn more.

Can never understand people trying to predict futures on a few minutes of football. Just be happy for the lad. 18 and just walked out at old trafford in the FA Cup after suffering an ACL injury. It’s brilliant

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Too desperate to impress. His first run with the ball was his best part of the game. Felt abit sorry for him as after that nothing really fell his way. Another couple of years and he’ll be flying.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
When you see Chong up against seasoned pros its striking how slender he is. Bog standard Premier League fullbacks would bully Chong as he is. Needs time to fill out and develop. Should be allowed to come on slowly and be re-evaluated in a year or two. You compare Chong to Januzaj at the same age and its clear he needs more time in the oven before he's ready.
When you see him in person you can really see just how skinny he is. His thighs are literally like the size of other peoples wrists. James Wilson isn't a big guy and they were stood next to each other in front of me and Willo's legs are easily twice the size.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Too desperate to impress. His first run with the ball was his best part of the game. Felt abit sorry for him as after that nothing really fell his way. Another couple of years and he’ll be flying.
Yea, not worried a bit - just needs time.

Golden Nugget

I don’t think he’s ready yet. It wasn’t a good side to play with but there is still a long way to go before he makes it even as a rotation player for us. Gomes looked much more impressive in his short cameos with us.

Looking st the YouTube videos it seems like he beats players with pure pace - something I’m not sure he will be able to do in the PL. Really hope he proves me wrong

khoazany

It's clear that he's got overly eager to impress. The clipped long ball that went too far is typical example, he did that many times before and most were executed perfectly.

Ranchero

Stepping away from awful Cheech and Chong jokes... I look at Chelsea's Hudson-Odoi and think, I'd have him every time. Sure be starting for Chelsea. Let's get him.

AN17

A bit edgy and filled with adrenaline. Eager to impress and not much going his way. But I hope he gets more minutes this season hopefully when the games are done and dusted already

El-Manos

Haven't been that impressed with him since the pre-season. Januzaj looked a lot more impressive at the time, we all know how he turned out.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Saw him in some televised reserve games before - he was great, give him a break, he will learn and get stronger. Good to see his passion and ambition

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I hope he gets thrown right in soon in a bigger game like Rashford did. The sort of player that benefits from a higher tempo with counter-attacks. Also you could see he took up the same positions as he usually does but the game called for a more offensive approach from him. Can't blame him for that, he is very young.

Rockets Redglare

He’s just not ready for this level yet. Shouldn’t be near the bench for a couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.