Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
The signs were there in pre season that he isn’t ready. Not sure why people want to rush him into the team. Then again, people wnat to rush every young player into the team.
Because we literally have no right wingers and he has speed, skill and some finishing and passing ability. Put simply in absence of competition you look for someone to step up

Deleted member 101472

Haven't been that impressed with him since the pre-season. Januzaj looked a lot more impressive at the time, we all know how he turned out.
Isn’t he setting the world alight with sociedad? Sure I saw a couple of good through balls on a highlight reel.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never really got going, shame the match was dead by 60 mins.

Showed a few nice dribbles, gutted Lukaku messed the pass up to him when he offered a great overlapping run.

Unsurprisingly looked nervous but it’s good to get him minutes in these sort of matches.

automaticflare

Thought he done fine. Game was over and a dead rubber when he came on into a slow midfield and lack of movement in the team today.

Made a great run only for Lukaku to mess up and easy pass.

Deleted member 101472

Not really surprising that running out in front of 70,000+ fans causes you some nerves. The club is all about giving our youngsters more than enough opportunities and if he’s good enough he’ll take them, simple. I don’t recall a single player from our academy in recent years that had lots of promise, got his chance, didn’t take it and then went on to be a world beater? We usually get it right.

El-Manos

Isn’t he setting the world alight with sociedad? Sure I saw a couple of good through balls on a highlight reel.
I'm not going to lie, i'm not entirely sure how he is getting on in Spain but unfortunately he looked lost here after a while despite looking phenomenal at times when he first came on the scene. He was one of those players who had me at the edge of my seat when watching United. I was fully convinced we had our left wing sorted for the next ten years, he looked that talented. Shows how much I know :lol:

starman

He's looked pretty nervous and didn't want to pass the ball forward, in fear of giving it away.

Wanted to see him given some time on the left. Whenever I've see him play before thats usually where hes played and impressed.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Nervous but ok. Definitely grew into it a little the longer he was on.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He’s just not ready for this level yet. Shouldn’t be near the bench for a couple of seasons.
He shouldn't play again until he's 21? Why? He did some pretty good things when he came on, despite it being a disjointed 2nd string side who mostly all underperformed.

Should have been through on goal if his much more experienced team mate didn't drill the pass too hard.

I don't think he should be starting a PL game any time soon, but no harm in bringing him off the bench in cup games or home league games where we have a cushion, especially as we have no designated right winger in the squad anyway. Those experiences will only keep him hungry and keep him on his toes. Shutting him out for 2 years seems a bit unnecessary.

Deleted member 101472

I'm not going to lie, i'm not entirely sure how he is getting on in Spain but unfortunately he looked lost here after a while despite looking phenomenal at times when he first came on the scene. He was one of those players who had me at the edge of my seat when watching United. I was fully convinced we had our left wing sorted for the next ten years, he looked that talented. Shows how much I know :lol:
I called him completely shite when he first went on loan and got stick for it. His performances in Spain mean its closer to me being right than you, if that helps :lol:

Rockets Redglare

He shouldn't play again until he's 21? Why? He did some pretty good things when he came on, despite it being a disjointed 2nd string side who mostly all underperformed.

Should have been through on goal if his much more experienced team mate didn't drill the pass too hard.

I don't think he should be starting a PL game any time soon, but no harm in bringing him off the bench in cup games or home league games where we have a cushion, especially as we have no designated right winger in the squad anyway. Those experiences will only keep him hungry and keep him on his toes. Shutting him out for 2 years seems a bit unnecessary.
I’ll be honest, I thought it was 17 not 19. He looks like a child compared to the rest of the squad.

A loan might do him some good, he could really do with bulking up a bit as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The pass that he messed up is normally something he executes with ease, can only put that down to nerves..

He could do with putting on some muscle, and the club will have a special diet catered for him I'd imagine. And he needs to stop skipping leg days..

Robert

Debut full of nerves but I think he'll find his way here.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was the perfect match for him to come on and work on getting used to playing in front of a big crowd.
It's hard to criticise any attacker when we had about 39% of the ball.

Adcuth

I think he'd relish 30 mins with our full first team with he space and movement it creates. Good for him to get a run out though

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is it the thread of a teenager if some halfwit isn’t suggesting said player bulk up?
I do agree mate and i'm a big fan of the players ability. But he will definitely benefit from a few lbs.

Gopher Brown

This is about as much as I have seen of him, but he never looked fully in control of the ball.

ErranMorad

No complaints. Attacking players can't thrive without a functional midfield, forget an 18 year old attacking player making his debut. And we were let down badly by our midfield players today.

Red_toad

Never been that impressed with him but one can hope that he will become something special!
He's been excellent this season, obviously not ready for much first team action as yet, but to say you've not been impressed, I can only think that you've not actually watched him prior to the Reading game...

micmac

Don't get the usual overhyping with this kid. He doesn't look special at all. I don't buy that it's because he was in a poor team.

First team is not his place for a while

Glow

I haven't seen him much of him before, but got disappointed. Quick feet, but lacking overview and calmness. Played more like a 16 year old boy, but when you're 19 and supposed to be one of the biggest Man Utd talent ready to step up to the first team, then one should expect more.

Last edited by a moderator:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been excellent this season, obviously not ready for much first team action as yet, but to say you've not been impressed, I can only think that you've not actually watched him prior to the Reading game...
Wouldn't say he's been excellent this season, he's been good but not quite reached the same heights he did last season.

SteveW

Perhaps people will relax now and let the lad develop at his own rate instead of expecting him to be in the first team. A loan should be the first step imo.

Rossa

As an out and out winger, not that there are many left, doesn't he lack a little speed? He just didn't strike me as a young Giggs or anything close, and he is two years older than when he broke through...

Alabaster Codify7

He was fine. He played like you'd imagine a 17yr old debutant to play, but he was keen and involved quite a bit.

Deleted member 101472

As an out and out winger, not that there are many left, doesn't he lack a little speed? He just didn't strike me as a young Giggs or anything close, and he is two years older than when he broke through...
He’s very quick, it’s just that today all players are quicker. When Giggs broke through sports science was a concept, not the gospel like it is now.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He literally ran by 3 people today to get on the end of his own pass. He doesn't lack speed.

Toddler

I've watched a couple of youth games and highlights, so yes I have watched him. But, all in all not that much. I agree he has been excellent in youth team but that is a long way from becoming a excellent premier league player. And the fact that he is already 19 bothers me a little bit. But I hope i'm wrong :).

kundalini

Glad he made his debut. Performance was a bit untidy. He does have talent.

UpWithRivers

Rashford had a bad game when he came on. Give the lad a break. He tried to dribble past the whole team and a couple of scholesesq passes. Ok he Failed. But I give him points for trying.

Kostov

I’m so glad he got his debut, even though he was nervy I feel he grew into the game. Some nice signs and hopefully he will get some more minutes from now on.

Aloysius's Back 3

Whether he is over hyped or not - playing as an forward when the likes of martial, Rashford & Lingard are playing in the team is a different kettle of fish to playing when Lukaku, Sanchez & Mata is in the team.

One is a 2000's age looking team whilst the other is a much more of a generation that can get the best out of technical players within our youth system.

Greenwood might be better, but I'm sure he would do better alongside martial & Rashford in comparison to Sanchez & Lukaku too.

Status
Not open for further replies.