Tahith Chong image 44

Tahith Chong Netherlands flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I agree with Lee Bowyer. He's not an attacking player at all.

Work horse with good carrying ability, if he keeps it simple he can be effective.

Hasn't got a shot on him at all though. Some of those side footed pea rollers were so poor.

Member 101269

Yesterday he got into some nice positions, his decision making, and shots weren't very good. You could see Ronnie being frustrated.

At 2:31 of the official YouTube highlights look at his position. He's not contributing enough

Thiagoal

Chong is a league 1 player. He would get exposed in the championship.
He played in the Championship last year and did well by all accounts! Definitely not got the quality to be a part of a squad in the upper echelons of the Prem though!

led_scholes

He was unlucky that his loans were not in reverse. First at Birmingham then at a higher level. He has talent to play at high level obviously but not top top.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’m not a scout but I genuinely feel that sometimes you can genuinely just see how a player will ever be with the way they simply strike a ball.

bringbackbebe

I’m not a scout but I genuinely feel that sometimes you can genuinely just see how a player will ever be with the way they simply strike a ball.
Agree, there was a point in the game where Chong took a random shot which was blocked, and then Eriksen struck it back. The difference in technique between the two strikes was light years.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think the opposition left him a lot of space due to Garnacho causing havoc on the left side, and still he was not able to do anything with it (Antonio Valencia vibes).

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I think the opposition left him a lot of space due to Garnacho causing havoc on the left side, and still he was not able to do anything with it (Antonio Valencia vibes).
Chong can count himself lucky if he has anywhere close to the career Valencia has had. Unplayable for a period

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Makes Valencia look like peak Figo.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Chong can count himself lucky if he has anywhere close to the career Valencia has had. Unplayable for a period
Makes Valencia look like peak Figo.
Late-years Valencia moved to RB couldn't cross to save his life, despite being left acres of space by opposition. Damn that was one frustrating player, especially considering how good he was for us in the past.

caleb2003

Shame for the lad but these chances are rare and you have to take them, hopefully he can bring it back wherever he goes on loan

Chief123

He really needs to be moved on. I do wish him well but don’t think he’s going to make it at Utd. He just hasn’t developed as well as we would have hoped.

He’s no longer a youth developing. Hes 22 years old. 23 in a few months. He’s only a few months younger than Darwin Nunez. Not much younger than Mbappe and Haaland.

He may be a late developer but he’s far off where we would have wanted to be at this point. The likes of Garnacho are the ones who should be getting the game time.

caleb2003

He really needs to be moved on. I do wish him well but don’t think he’s going to make it at Utd. He just hasn’t developed as well as we would have hoped.

He’s no longer a youth developing. Hes 22 years old. 23 in a few months. He’s only a few months younger than Darwin Nunez. Not much younger than Mbappe and Haaland.

He may be a late developer but he’s far off where we would have wanted to be at this point. The likes of Garnacho are the ones who should be getting the game time.
I actually didnt realise he was that old, he's like the new Lingard

CM

where is he? Any developments with Chong at all?
One of the fellas who covers Birmingham claims they're in for him on a permanent deal. Chong doesn't have a future here so it would make sense

Alemar

One of the fellas who covers Birmingham claims they're in for him on a permanent deal. Chong doesn't have a future here so it would make sense
Hopefully we get a few million for him, needs to be sold if there is a buyer.

CM

I don't understand - How is it possible for us to loan players for the same club ?
I think it's allowed in the Championship but not the Premier League. However, the tweet says we're sending Hannibal there on loan and Chong will move on a permanent deal.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Why do players with cool hair never deliver for us? I cant take this anymore, im sick of the brunos and the mcTs with their normal hair

Gandalf

Hopefully we get a few million for him, needs to be sold if there is a buyer.
Birmingham don't have a few million to spend and frankly even if they did he is nowhere near worth that. I would imagine this will be like the deal we did with Dundee United for Levitt, similar situation with the player in the last year of his deal and not a lot of competition for his signature. That was reported at 300k with a nice sell on percentage negotiated so that would probably be the range here too. Could work out in the long run if he does well and if nothing else he was reported as being on 20k a week so that is a million in salary saved just by letting him go.

Alemar

Birmingham don't have a few million to spend and frankly even if they did he is nowhere near worth that. I would imagine this will be like the deal we did with Dundee United for Levitt, similar situation with the player in the last year of his deal and not a lot of competition for his signature. That was reported at 300k with a nice sell on percentage negotiated so that would probably be the range here too. Could work out in the long run if he does well and if nothing else he was reported as being on 20k a week so that is a million in salary saved just by letting him go.
Yes, if we can get 25-30% sell on clause, we may sell him for a nominal fee. But need to make sure he doesn’t take minutes off Hannibal, though

suheilsworld

1.5m reported fees for him from Birmingham. With one year left on the contract, still think we could have pushed for more. Had high hopes for him

SAFMUTD

1.5m reported fees for him from Birmingham. With one year left on the contract, still think we could have pushed for more. Had high hopes for him
Any fee was decent for him, he has no future whatsoever here and we weren't offer him another contract/he wouldn't have taken it.

1.5M it's a small fee but better than nothing.

I still remember him and Gomes being the exciting products to that batch of players. Sadly neither worked out for us.

MrBest

A Chelsea or a Liverpool or a city would have got 15 for him. Next new signing I hope is a proper football director.

Alemar

We got 1.45m, plus up to 2.5 more in add-ons and a sell on clause, so it’s fine.

Abraxas

The fact is most of the academy players will make a career but not be anything special. Perhaps not even top flight footballers. Time will tell whether it's a bad fee or representative of his level.

Alemar

Checked Birmingham forum - guys cannot believe their luck they got Chong from us on a permanent transfer. It’s really a marquee signing for their team - so hopefully he will play a lot and we get add ons and later sell on percentage

Sylar

Checked Birmingham forum - guys cannot believe their luck they got Chong from us on a permanent transfer. It’s really a marquee signing for their team - so hopefully he will play a lot and we get add ons and later sell on percentage
I think they played him in a different position. We seemed intent on playing him on the wing, but he seemed to have been used more centrally the few times I watched him play for birmingham. Will be interesting to see how he develops for that.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Was the best player on the pitch when he came on tonight (Amad was off by then before I get abuse)

Certainly grown and is much stronger than when he was at United, is brilliant on the ball too.

Status
Not open for further replies.