Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

BlueHaze

I've never heard anybody say they think Maguire is the second best cb in the league. When did that happen, when he moved for huge money?

Laporte and VVD were clearly the best two in the league last season. Vertonghen has been one of the best defenders in the league for years now.
Vertonghen? Every time I've watched Spurs I've found Toby the better of the two but your the Tottenham fan so I'll take your word.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Vertonghen? Every time I've watched Spurs I've found Toby the better of the two but your the Tottenham fan so I'll take your word.
Always preferred Vert, there isn't much in it though .. comes down a lot to personal preference.

BlueHaze

How any fan can give that sort of shit to a guy who has been at the club since he was 8 is just incomprehensible to me.

I can kinda, almost understand wanting to say the worst shit imaginable to a rival player but to a local kid who grew up there? Baffling.
But that's the thing though would you really call someone racially abusing his own teams player a "fan"? They've done it to Marcus, Young and Lingard as well our so called "fans" To me they are just twitter shit heads trying to give the clubs a bad image.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs fans intentionally condescending tone on here since they have gotten halfway decent (and won nothing, still nothing.. Quite literally nothing) is hilarious.
What would you like me to call Maguire? Elite? World Class?

He's a good/decent central defender, with exceptional ability carrying the ball out from the defence. He's not the kind of defender you'd look at and go 'yeah, fair enough .. what is tammy meant to do?' which on his day you can say about somebody on Van Djik's level.

OverratedOpinion

What would you like me to call Maguire? Elite? World Class?

He's a good/decent central defender, with exceptional ability carrying the ball out from the defence. He's not the kind of defender you'd look at and go 'yeah, fair enough .. what is tammy meant to do?' which on his day you can say about somebody on Van Djik's level.
He is a very good defender but you are fully aware of why you chose such a dismissive phrase. Because after watching us win for years on end it is fun for smaller clubs and rivals to speak about Utd and their players that way. It isn't a big thing but very obvious and quite funny after 7 years or so.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He is a very good defender but you are fully aware of why you chose such a dismissive phrase. Because after watching us win for years on end it is fun for smaller clubs and rivals to speak about Utd and their players that way. It isn't a big thing but very obvious and quite funny after 7 years or so.
You're being paranoid, it was a nothing description.

I rate Maguire, he offers a lot in terms of building play from the back and he's a serious set piece threat. The 'decent' description was referring to his defensive ability, which I wouldn't say is exceptional but is well .. decent. He has weaknesses in that respect but does the job.

Anyway I'll leave it there before people get upset about going off topic.

Welbeckham

Norwich’s awful defence isn’t exactly a test, but I don’t think this guy is anywhere near as hopeless as people here seem to think. Has quick feet and lots of power behind his shots. Still needs to be more clinical consistently.

Classical Mechanic

Norwich’s awful defence isn’t exactly a test, but I don’t think this guy is anywhere near as hopeless as people here seem to think. Has quick feet and lots of power behind his shots. Still needs to be more clinical consistently.
He definitely isn't. His first goal was a difficult technique and excellently taken and Krul should have saved the second but his first touch and dribble was brilliant. His hold up play and link up play is good too.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's surprised me with his all round game, it's a lot better than i thought/remember.

I still think we will sign a new forward next summer but i alsothink he will win the race to be the other forward.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Two very good goals today. Platform for him to kick on. Going to be an interesting season seeing how he develops.

RochaRoja

He's a proper goalscorer. 62 senior goals at the age of 21 is impressive however you look at it. Some of the comments about him after the first few games of the season were way too hasty.

Lee565

Two goals today but they are against a newly promoted side that he was only facing last season in the championship, it's against the more established premier league teams that he needs to find the net regularly

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's a proper goalscorer. 62 senior goals at the age of 21 is impressive however you look at it. Some of the comments about him after the first few games of the season were way too hasty.
He's done very well in the Championship. I don't think he's a bad player at all, but not starting material for Chelsea if they have ambitions. As a squad player for them, he'd be decent. Sort of like Chicharito 2012/2013.

RochaRoja

His name isn't actually Tammy.

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham.

I'm gonna start a chant on Sunday; "give me a K..."
Really hedging their bets between England and Nigeria when naming the lad, weren't they.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

RochaRoja

How many names does he have? :lol:

Is this one of those cases where I've heard that in England most kids have both their parents names combined?
It's nothing compared to this legend: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Oatway

What's weird about taking the names of both parents anyway? Almost everybody from a Spanish or Portuguese speaking country, as well as Québécois and Filipinos follows this practice. It's not "most kids" in England but it's definitely common (and becoming increasingly so).

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Good post-match interview. Sounded articulate and could string a coherent sentence. I find that to be positive signs for young players.

Classical Mechanic

Good post-match interview. Sounded articulate and could string a coherent sentence. I find that to be positive signs for young players.
He's a really likeable character. I really want him to do well because I always knew he would get a really rough time of it because of his gangly awkward style.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Amusing how much crap he got after the 1st two games. He's 21 FFS.

Nick7

It's nothing compared to this legend: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Oatway

What's weird about taking the names of both parents anyway? Almost everybody from a Spanish or Portuguese speaking country, as well as Québécois and Filipinos follows this practice. It's not "most kids" in England but it's definitely common (and becoming increasingly so).
Yeah I've got 5 names. My mam's maiden name as a middle name in addition to my forename, middle name, confirmation name, and surname.

Classical Mechanic

Surely Southgate can't ignore him now?

Get him capped competitively before Nigeria steal him.
If you want a fast attack it wouldn’t be Abraham. Rashford-Sterling-Sancho or Hudson Odoi instead of Rashford when he comes back. I think Abraham is a plan B though because you can hit him long.

No chance Kane gets dropped given he’s scoring so many.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If you want a fast attack it wouldn’t be Abraham. Rashford-Sterling-Sancho or Hudson Odoi instead of Rashford when he comes back. I think Abraham is a plan B though because you can hit him long.

No chance Kane gets dropped given he’s scoring so many.
I deleted the bit about playing him for Kane because I realised that I was subconsciously just assuming he was fast because of the way he looks. My bad. He looks a player. Hopefully we get him capped soon.

Castia

Looked absolutely lost in his first 2 games.....fair play to him.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's a bit rubbish isn't he? Championship striker ;) Some clueless folk on here. What a character and mental strength.

prateik

I think I might owe him an apology. Not watching Chelsea play, but the United game is showing goal updates..

Really good start to life in the premier league.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's absolutely on fire. The mocking after the first couple of games was plain stupid.