Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
And this has what to do with Tammy Abraham again?
Showing you how silly it is cherry picking outliers to prove a general point.

We've currently got five academy player's playing regular minutes (one of which Tuchel promoted himself) with two possibly three to follow next season and your using the one that left to try and set a narrative.

TheReligion

Abusive
Showing you how silly it is cherry picking outliers to prove a general point.

We've currently got five academy player's playing regular minutes (one of which Tuchel promoted himself) with two possibly three to follow next season and your using the one that left to try and set a narrative.
So whats that got to do with Tammy Abraham and this thread is; absolutely nothing.

It's strange you can't acknowledge anything negative about your side and are like a child instead.

Ultimately you've spent close to £200m on forwards when the one you had from your own academy didn't really get a chance and is even doing better than them both put together at his new club.

The comparisons you make aren't even alike. Wan Bissaka was bought as a 19 year old and any one who has watched Ethan Laird (you won't have) would know he's struggled with injuries. He needed to prove his fitness on loan and at a higher level than the reserves.

He'll get his opportunity. United have the best track record in the country for developing and giving opportunities to young players. That's s fact you can't try and spin!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
So whats that got to do with Tammy Abraham and this thread is; absolutely nothing.

It's strange you can't acknowledge anything negative about your side and are like a child instead.

Ultimately you've spent close to £200m on forwards when the one you had from your own academy didn't really get a chance and is even doing better than them both put together at his new club.

The comparisons you make aren't even alike. Wan Bissaka was bought as a 19 year old and any one who has watched Ethan Laird (you won't have) would know he's struggled with injuries. He needed to prove his fitness on loan and at a higher level than the reserves.

He'll get his opportunity. United have the best track record in the country for developing and giving opportunities to young players. That's s fact you can't try and spin!
I'm happy to accept negatives as you well know, I happily discussed a thread criticising even Kante a while back but of course that doesn't suit your narrative.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/unpopular-opinion-the-overrated-ngolo-kante.454671/

This constant personal attacks and lies about me every time I have the audacity to counter your posts is getting very boring and from the next time onwards will get reported.

If you're going to start implying we still don't give youth a chance when we have 5 regulars and 2 almost certainly following next season I won't hesitate to call you up on it.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm happy to accept negatives as you well know, I happily discussed a thread criticising even Kante a while back but of course that doesn't suit your narrative.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/unpopular-opinion-the-overrated-ngolo-kante.454671/

This constant personal attacks and lies about me every time I have the audacity to counter your posts is getting very boring and from the next time onwards will get reported.

If you're going to start implying we still don't give youth a chance when we have 5 regulars and 2 almost certainly following next season I won't hesitate to call you up on it.
Please don't report me! Jesus Christ. Internet posting. Serious business!

You're full of whataboutisms and it gets pretty tiresome to be honest.

The comments about Lukaku, Werner and Abraham are all valid especially when you off loaded the latter and replaced him with those two duds.

Your odd United comparisons make no sense given Laird is still at the club, along with Lingard and Pogba infact, with the latter two having hundreds of games in the first team combined.

It's all a little silly no?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Please don't report me! Jesus Christ. Internet posting. Serious business!

You're full of whataboutisms and it gets pretty tiresome to be honest.

The comments about Lukaku, Werner and Abraham are all valid especially when you off loaded the latter and replaced him with those two duds.

Your odd United comparisons make no sense given Laird is still at the club, along with Lingard and Pogba infact, with the latter two having hundreds of games in the first team combined.

It's all a little silly no?
Are you really using Pogba to boost your argument?

Atleast I know I'll be able to do likewise with Rice when the times comes I guess :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Folks, he is a good centre forward for sure and still improving. He might never ascend into your truly world class stardom, which is part abilities and part circumstances, but the kid can play at international level. His prfessional attitude is also admirable, in that neither Mourinho as an old tool nor Roma as a gigantic media circus do footballers any favor.

TheReligion

Abusive

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's not a genuine question. You both know United have the most productive youth system in the PL. It's a fact and the stats have been posted.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/man...ngs-for-the-third-consecutive-edition.467559/

You keep deflecting from what this thread is about by the way. Again it's a little bit silly and childish.
No deflection atall, you spoke rubbish about my club and have once again resorted to personal attacks when I've set and you straight.

TheReligion

Abusive
No deflection atall, you spoke rubbish about my club and have once again resorted to personal attacks when I've set and you straight.
Set me straight? Sorry what are you rambling on about here. I've just shown you the facts about the United academy.

You're still yet to comment on the actual topic of the thread, Tammy Abraham.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Set me straight? Sorry what are you rambling on about here. I've just shown you the facts about the United academy.

You're still yet to comment on the actual topic of the thread, Tammy Abraham.
I have commented I've pointed out that you trying to claim we don't give youth a chance based on one player leaving is extreme ignorance, at best.

To which you unleashed your usual personal attack tactic.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Unless you want to break the habit of a lifetime and actually attack the subject and not the person

How do we not give youth a chance when 5 academy player's are currently regulars?

TheReligion

Abusive
Unless you want to break the habit of a lifetime and actually attack the subject and not the person

How do we not give youth a chance when 5 academy player's are currently regulars?
You're in the wrong thread.

You're also arguing with yourself.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
£100m on Lukaku and £50m on Werner.

Or just keep your academy player Tammy?

No brainer really wasn't it :houllier:
Yeah Lukaku everyday, its not a difficult choice. Plus Tammy was stalling on a new contract even when Frank was still in charge.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You're in the wrong thread.

You're also arguing with yourself.
Well this is the thread you fired shots at our youth record so if this is the wrong thread it's on you.

All I'm asking is why you are still claiming we don't give youth a chance when we have 5 regulars in the team? Not sure why that's warrant such personal abuse but oh well.

TheReligion

Abusive
£100m on Lukaku and £50m on Werner.

Or just keep your academy player Tammy?

No brainer really wasn't it :houllier:
Well this is the thread you fired shots at our youth record so if this is the wrong thread it's on you.

All I'm asking is why you are still claiming we don't give youth a chance when we have 5 regulars in the team? Not sure why that's warrant such personal abuse but oh well.
The above was my post you have issue with.

Still unsure what you're rambling on about.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah Lukaku everyday, its not a difficult choice. Plus Tammy was stalling on a new contract even when Frank was still in charge.
I'm surprised in hindsight you'd still drop all that money on Lukaku. He doesn't even want to be at the club.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
I'm surprised in hindsight you'd still drop all that money on Lukaku. He doesn't even want to be at the club.
We want to try and win the league though, not sure Abraham as a first choice striker was going to do that. I'm much more confident Lukaku would help us do that than Tammy plus Tuchel didn't seem to rate Tammy much.
I'm not saying Lukaku is perfect but he isn't as as bad as many posters make out on here.
The interview wasn't great, however i didn't really believe everything he said. I felt he was sucking up to Inter Milan fans because he didn't want them to still hate him, No one forced him to join us, he could off easily stayed.
So i do believe he wants to be here, i guess we will see what happens in the summer.

Siezard

Tammy is a very good player who can turn world class. It's not fair to compare him to Lukaku or Werner who are both accomplished strikers on their own right.

Mourinho has a good eye for talents and he always buy very good players. All the players he bought for United were essentially good players (except for Sanchez who flop badly but still a good player).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Tammy is a very good player who can turn world class. It's not fair to compare him to Lukaku or Werner who are both accomplished strikers on their own right.

Mourinho has a good eye for talents and he always buy very good players. All the players he bought for United were essentially good players (except for Sanchez who flop badly but still a good player).
Bailly, Lindelof, Dalot

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
All three are good players.

The first two are better than Maguire. Dalot is better than AWB.
None of them are the right standard if we want to start winning trophies again and the first 2, well Jose wanted another CB after he clapped eyes on them. Kinda says it all

Pintu

Scored his first Coppa Italia goal tonight, against Serie B side Lecce. Roma go through and will face Inter away in the quarters.

15 goals for Roma, 8 of them in the league (a goal every 224 mn). And an impressive ratio in cup games. (A goal every 50 mn in the conference league).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
10 goals in his last 11 games. He's cooking.

talking robot

When Ronaldo and Cavani are off in the summer, we're gonna need to bring in a striker. He could become an option as we aren't getting near Haaland or Kane unfortunately.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I like him and I liked him under Lampard at Chelsea too. I think he is extremely agile for a big man.

He can finish with both feet, has intelligent movement and gets involved in the build up.

I think United could do a lot worse than bringing him back to England to be honest. He would be a real contributor in any system and has room to get better.

Pintu

better than lukaku
I don't know if he is better. At his age, Lukaku was killing it for Everton.

But Abraham seems somewhat more adapted to the modern game, he is quite good technically, he is very agile, and he has the stamina. He is definitely a good player for Tuchel's gegenpressing style.

Something off the field must have happened with Tuchel for him to be completely ignored and sidelined. Either that or the board decided to sacrifice him in order to give the asset Werner as much space and trust as possible.