Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

Classical Mechanic

2nd was decent. Good win for them away to Atalanta

I think he's done OK so far. 12 in 24 continues his usual 1 in 2 record but 6 were in the Conference League. He misses a fair number of good chances for Roma and has hit the woodwork a lot.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
2nd was decent. Good win for them away to Atalanta

I think he's done OK so far. 12 in 24 continues his usual 1 in 2 record but 6 were in the Conference League. He misses a fair number of good chances for Roma and has hit the woodwork a lot.
Half of those goals are in Conference league vs cannon fodder. His league stats are abysmal. Before today he had 4 goals in 17 matches

Classical Mechanic

Half of those goals are in Conference league vs cannon fodder. His league stats are abysmal. Before today he had 4 goals in 17 matches
We're you so angry that you couldn't read my next sentence? 6 goals and 3 assists in 17 games isn't the greatest but his form is improving recently. He's hit the woodwork a daft number of times too. As Fergie said, you don't worry about strikers that get in the positions to score and miss, you worry about the ones that don't get in the position to score in the first place.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
We're you so angry that you couldn't read my next sentence? 6 goals and 3 assists in 17 games isn't the greatest but his form is improving recently. He's hit the woodwork a daft number of times too. As Fergie said, you don't worry about strikers that get in the positions to score and miss, you worry about the ones that don't get in the position to score in the first place.
Yeah and overrating English players here is an everyday occurence. You said he was Ok. He's their main striker and plays almost every match the full 90min. He's been abysmal to say the least

Classical Mechanic

Yeah and overrating English players here is an everyday occurence. You said he was Ok. He's their main striker and plays almost every match the full 90min. He's been abysmal to say the least
I'm not really sure how he's overrated. No one thinks he's an elite player. Hence why he's playing in a 2nd rate league for a team that can't get top four there. That said, he'll be ultimately be judged on what he does throughout the whole season rather than what he's done in half of it.

RaptorSlo

I bet seeing Werner play changed his mind.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's caught something of a case of the Edin Cieco. Let's see if his trajectory will be the same

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Main striker? Absolutely.

24 games and he's played the full 90 in 12 of them. Half is not really "almost all".

I know you have an issue with the guy but lets at least try to keep things honest.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Good to see that he's found his level at Wolves.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
You have to look at the bigger picture though. Mourinho plays negative, defensive football that tends to hamper attackers for the most part.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Roma rarely play negative, defensive football thouhh
Not this version of Mourinho. If anything he is now way gungho
Fair enough but just look at yesterday even though they scored 4.

Atalanta had 71% possession, Roma had 29% possession. Atalanta had 17 shots, Roma had 8. Atalanta had 10 corners, Roma had 0.

Atalanta must have been so bad defensively to concede 4 goals against a team that was dominated.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fair enough but just look at yesterday even though they scored 4.

Atalanta had 71% possession, Roma had 29% possession. Atalanta had 17 shots, Roma had 8. Atalanta had 10 corners, Roma had 0.

Atalanta must have been so bad defensively to concede 4 goals against a team that was dominated.
Oh yeah, they still tend towards negative and defensive in big games, but those games are few. The majority of the time they're more gungho. Mou's looking more like his old self in that regard. Roma have the 3rd best attack in serie A by xG and 8th by GF - lagging 0.3 behind. So yeah, finishing as been their issue more than creating chances

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
xG 1,2 - xGA 1,3

Nine months have passed since Sevilla knocked Manchester United out of the Champions League, when the Spanish club’s Danish defender Simon Kjaer gave the most perceptive and withering assessment of what José Mourinho’s team were all about: “We knew that with Fellaini and Lukaku they will always have chances from . . . how do you say that in English . . . coincidences.”

Coincidence football – kick and rush, hit and hope, close your eyes and pray. There was a period at Anfield last night when it looked as though the football of coincidences might get United through. It doesn’t always matter if the other team is dominating the match – there’s always a chance their keeper might drop one on your striker’s foot.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Every time I open this thread it’s full of people saying how shit he is but I just read that he’s scored more goals than any other Englishman in the top five leagues (14). That’s pretty good, right?

Also more than Lukaku. Reckon he’d be a much better fit in the high press, high energy football Tuchel seems to want to play.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He played in the high press, high energy football Tuchel wanted to play and scored 6 goals last season.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He is a good player.

Maybe not top class but good I think.

Irwin99

xG 1,2 - xGA 1,3

Nine months have passed since Sevilla knocked Manchester United out of the Champions League, when the Spanish club’s Danish defender Simon Kjaer gave the most perceptive and withering assessment of what José Mourinho’s team were all about: “We knew that with Fellaini and Lukaku they will always have chances from . . . how do you say that in English . . . coincidences.”

Coincidence football – kick and rush, hit and hope, close your eyes and pray. There was a period at Anfield last night when it looked as though the football of coincidences might get United through. It doesn’t always matter if the other team is dominating the match – there’s always a chance their keeper might drop one on your striker’s foot.
offff!!! :eek: Never seen that quote before but wow! painfully true.

Varun1

Every time I open this thread it’s full of people saying how shit he is but I just read that he’s scored more goals than any other Englishman in the top five leagues (14). That’s pretty good, right?

Also more than Lukaku. Reckon he’d be a much better fit in the high press, high energy football Tuchel seems to want to play.
Lukaku was banging them in last season in Italy. See how prolific he is this season...

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is a good player. Not prolific, but over 0.5 G/A per game for his first season in a new league under a chaotic regime is a good return.

I doubt Chelsea would have been doing any worse had they kept him as an option and spent £100 million elsewhere.

That might suddenly be an issue if Christiansen and Rudiger don’t sign.

Varun1

He wasn’t playing in a Mourinho team last season.
And he isn't playing for Spurs, Villa, Leeds, Everton, Newcastle or United this season.

@Pogue Mahone Mate you said he has outscored all English strikers; unless I've missed anyone, all England strikers play for one of those teams and each player or their respective team has been average this season.

I've run out of posts for the day.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea seemed to create feck all during Tuchel’s opening spell in charge. Seemed to over-compensate while trying to fix Fwank’s shambolic defence. How many goals has Lukaku this season anyway? 5?
Abraham hardly got a kick once Tuchel took over.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

Abraham hasn't been injured or had covid and has started 20 league games. Plus six of his goals have came in the conference league.
Lukaku has got 5 league goals in much less starts.

TheReligion

Abusive
Abraham hasn't been injured or had covid and has started 20 league games. Plus six of his goals have came in the conference league.
Lukaku has got 5 league goals in much less starts.
£100m on Lukaku and £50m on Werner.

Or just keep your academy player Tammy?

No brainer really wasn't it :houllier:

Pintu

And he isn't playing for Spurs, Villa, Leeds, Everton, Newcastle or United this season.

@Pogue Mahone Mate you said he has outscored all English strikers; unless I've missed anyone, all England strikers play for one of those teams and each player or their respective team has been average this season.

I've run out of posts for the day.
He actually is not outscoring everyone. If you only consider the league -Which in my opinion is the most logical comparison as the level of opposition is somewhat respectable- you get the following.

Abraham has scored 8 and Vardy scored 9. And Vardy’s ratio is better (147 mn/goal vs 210 mn/goal for Abraham)

Now if you inflate Tammy’s numbers by including the «conference amateur » group stage you might wanna count the international goals as well and Kane becomes the clear winner. 22 to 16.
Without international goals, Tammy has 14 to Keane’s 12.

Lukaku was banging them in last season in Italy. See how prolific he is this season...
Tammy, when 2 years younger and less experienced- achieved better ratio under Lampard than he has now in Italy. He scored 15 goals in the EPL in 2019/20, a goal every 148 mn. The last season he scored a goal every 173 mn in the EPL.
He’s now scoring a goal every 210 mn in Serie A. That’s not as good as Lukaku’s score of a goal every 165 mn in the PL this season.
So maybe it’s not exactly about Serie A being easier as you seem to suggest.

If Abraham was judged not good enough for Chelsea, he still hasn’t proved otherwise. He’s probably playing at the right team for his current level. But of course he can still get better.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
£100m on Lukaku and £50m on Werner.

Or just keep your academy player Tammy?

No brainer really wasn't it :houllier:
Take the Werner bit out and swap Lukaku and Tammy for Sancho and Lingard (adjusting the price tag accordingly) and the exact same question could be asked of you.

TheReligion

Abusive
So if you take Werner out, swap the price tags, forget that Lingard is almost 30 and has played over 150 games for United , disregard the age of Sancho and then multiply that by the less than 60 appearances Tammy got at Chelsea you almost have a point ..

Oh and you squint a little, look through your fingers and stand on one leg

Yeah it's absolutely the same.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Erm not really :houllier:
Lingard has delivered in multiple big games and finals for you yet despite that agreed to go out on loan to prove himself again, which he did and then some only to return and find himself below the big signing who he's still outscored in the league despite significantly lesser minutes (and one of them is what could turn out to be a huge winner in May).

Disgraceful way to a humble home grown lad who's won you finals.

TheReligion

Abusive
Lingard has delivered in multiple big games and finals for you yet despite that agreed to go out on loan to prove himself again, which he did and then some only to return and find himself below the big signing who he's still outscored in the league despite significantly lesser minutes (and one of them is what could turn out to be a huge winner in May).

Disgraceful way to a humble home grown lad who's won you finals.
Yes you'd know all about how to treat home grown players :lol:

As above Lingard has had over 150 games at United and is nearly 30. Sancho and Lingard can play different positions by the way. It's not even like for like..

Equating that to Chelsea dropping £150m on Lukaku and Werner (plus the phenomenal wages) then selling off an academy graduate who is 24 (and has performed better than both put together) is reaching.

Infact it's not. It's just nonsense.

RedCurry

Take the Werner bit out and swap Lukaku and Tammy for Sancho and Lingard (adjusting the price tag accordingly) and the exact same question could be asked of you.
Lukaku: 28 years old
Abraham: 24 years old
Lingard: 29 years old
Sancho: 21 years old

I know you know that they are not the same scenarios.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yes you'd know all about how to treat home grown players :lol:

As above Lingard has had over 150 games at United and is nearly 30. Sancho and Lingard can play different positions by the way. It's not even like for like..

Equating that to Chelsea dropping £150m on Lukaku and Werner (plus the phenomenal wages) then selling off an academy graduate who is 24 (and has performed better than both put together) is reaching.

Infact it's not. It's just nonsense.
Okay I'll play and stick to the age limit your setting, how does £50m on a fullback that makes Azpi look like peak Dani Alves in attack when you already have an excellent modern fullback (Laird) on your books sound? Or bringing Scholes out of retirement instead of giving Pogba a chance?

Anyway back to Lingard, for a club your size you're on an unacceptable trophy drought (I don't think even you can spin that otherwise). To not even somewhat integrate one of the few members of your squad proven to deliver in those moments is a little bit silly even factoring out he's an academy boy. Let's be honest here, that Rashford chance to Poland falls to Lingard then we may have unknowingly passed eachother in Belfast!

TheReligion

Abusive
Okay I'll play and stick to the age limit your setting, how does £50m on a fullback that makes Azpi look like peak Dani Alves in attack when you already have an excellent modern fullback (Laird) on your books sound? Or bringing Scholes out of retirement instead of giving Pogba a chance?

Anyway back to Lingard, for a club your size you're on an unacceptable trophy drought (I don't think even you can spin that otherwise). To not even somewhat integrate one of the few members of your squad proven to deliver in those moments is a little bit silly even factoring out he's an academy boy. Let's be honest here, that Rashford chance to Poland falls to Lingard then we may have unknowingly passed eachother in Belfast!
And this has what to do with Tammy Abraham again?