Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

abundance

Supports
Inter
Ive had better Italian food in Boston Massachusetts then i have had in Milan and Rome.
You have had.
Which is perfectly reasonable under the assumption that you have never lived in Italy for an extended period.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
3 of our academy players are every game starters.

Is there even one other PL team that can beat or even match that at this moment?
When everyone is fit, we probably match that. Henderson, McTominay, Pogba*, Greenwood, Rashford are normally every game starters, or at the very least very important players.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
When everyone is fit, we probably match that. Henderson, McTominay, Pogba*, Greenwood, Rashford are normally every game starters, or at the very least very important players.
I think Pogba is voided given you had to pay a club record to get him back (if we try to name drop Rice if/when we resign him we'd get laughed out of room).

Fair enough Henderson (forgot about him for some reason), will both Rashford and Greenwood start with everyone fit? As that would (unless you drastically change shape) mean either CR7 or Sancho is on the bench.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
There are some bizarre takes in here... do those saying they can get a decent pizza in Leicester or wherever realise that the food is only a part of the experience of the lifestyle?

I mean I had worse curries on a beach in Sri Lanka, for example, than some mad expensive sit-down restaurant in London or wherever, but I'd take the former any day of the week.

I wonder if it's also because British players tend not to become idols or the team's top performers wherever they travel? Plus they don't tend to stick around for long. I can't think of too many examples of British 'legends' who played in foreign leagues off the top of my head.
Exactly. It’s lived culture vs culture vulture. There isn’t even an ‘English cuisine’ as we just copy everyone else’s homework.

From the age of 23-25 onwards, English players should look to move overseas for the life experience. It builds character. It frustrates me that the average Joe says it’s too hard. But for a footballer it’s a breeze. Nothing is better in England other than the money, but we are told everything elsewhere is worse.

EngimaMK

Exactly. It’s lived culture vs culture vulture. There isn’t even an ‘English cuisine’ as we just copy everyone else’s homework.

From the age of 23-25 onwards, English players should look to move overseas for the life experience. It builds character. It frustrates me that the average Joe says it’s too hard. But for a footballer it’s a breeze. Nothing is better in England other than the money, but we are told everything elsewhere is worse.
Tell that to the millions of migrants attempting to move to the UK every year.

You sound like one of those insufferable self-flagellating Brits that infest The Guardian. We get it... Everywhere else has a precious and fantastic culture except Britain where everything is terrible.

Millions?

UK gets anywhere between 18-36000 asylum applications every year.

Germany usually gets between 100-200000 per year.

I love the UK, as a Brit, we’ve loads to offer, but I moved aged 24 and 17 years later I’m still away after living in 5 different countries. There’s plenty of amazing players for English footballers not to feel they should spend their entire careers in England.

Last edited:

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
You have had.
Which is perfectly reasonable under the assumption that you have never lived in Italy for an extended period.
…I am an immigrant here in the States…. My father is a die hard Inter fan who just moved in the States with me… think about it :wenger:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

You sound like one of those insufferable self-flagellating Brits that infest The Guardian. We get it... Everywhere else has a precious and fantastic culture except Britain where everything is terrible.
Who hurt you?

I love my country. I just don’t have to pretend that the rest of the world has nothing to offer. This country is great. The people here are just so small minded and conservative in outlook that it holds them back from looking beyond our shores. They spend a lifetime living in fear of non existent boogie men.

As a Tammy Abraham level talent, would you spend a whole career in England?

TheReligion

Abusive
Who hurt you?

I love my country. I just don’t have to pretend that the rest of the world has nothing to offer. This country is great. The people here are just so small minded and conservative in outlook that it holds them back from looking beyond our shores. They spend a lifetime living in fear of non existent boogie men.

As a Tammy Abraham level talent, would you spend a whole career in England?
The issue here is the poster who made the comment that triggered you isn't even English :lol:

To start ranting that English people have small minds following that is bizarre even if there is a point in that not enough English players go and play overseas.

Again, I'd say that in itself is much better than it was a few years ago anyway.

redshaw

Not many Italians move either. Most of the national team play in Italy.

English abroad in top leagues 16
Italians abroad in top leagues 11

Germany have 11 sampling the shithouse damp misery of England but just 12 Germans are living the high life in sophisticated high culture of Spain France and Italy's respective top leagues. Some of these Germans need to be told they're doing it wrong.

Looking further down the leagues there doesn't seem much in it either. It's pretty obvious why players from Netherlands, Croatia etc move but some English high and mighty people get a bit carried away with the notion it's just other English that don't move when it's mainly from many smaller nations and two conveyor belts of talent clouding the perceptions.

There's also factors like England not producing as many and in recent times have picked up a bit, you also can have other countries with a negative view of players coming from here. Tammy might not be there if not for Jose rating him.

Mainly though it's about producing players and the perceptions of the qualities. Spain and France produce players that are sought after by the bucket load. Spain over 70 players in other top leagues, France 80-90 on a rough count. Money and surplus talent drives the moves. Italy England and Germany players are not really moving much in comparison.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
So now you’re gonna try pretending you’re Italian and that you’ve not had amazing food in Italy. :lol:
Who said there is no amazing food in Italy? My point is that London also has great Italian food, just as Boston does. You dont need to be in Italy to get great Italian food.

FYI, Boston MA is full of Italians and Irish; in case you needed some common knowledge next time you decide to put your neck out for a winging.

Last edited:
Who said there is no amazing food in Italy? My point is that London also has great Italian food, just as Boston does. You dont need to be in Italy to get great Italian food.

FYI, Boston MA is full of Italians and Irish; in case you needed some common knowledge next time you decided to put your neck out for a winging.
Been to Boston mate, even had a few days at Belmont Hill and a footy scholarship offer there. You’re defo talking to the wrong person there regarding travelling the World.

So your entire contribution to this thread is to tell us you don’t need to be in Italy to eat great Italian food and to inform us that Boston is full of Irish and Italians? Well feck me sideways, thanks for the lesson in the jeopardy category of “things people who live under a rock don’t know”.

Aaaaanyway, Tammy has made a great life move there, one of the most beautiful cities in the World, great climate, incredible history, he’ll absolutely love it. More English players should do it.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Boston is a boring place, I've been and i don't to remember seeing any nice looking Italian restaurants. You're better of driving the 45 mins or so to Nottingham for that.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Been to Boston mate, even had a few days at Belmont Hill and a footy scholarship offer there. You’re defo talking to the wrong person there regarding travelling the World.

So your entire contribution to this thread is to tell us you don’t need to be in Italy to eat great Italian food and to inform us that Boston is full of Irish and Italians? Well feck me sideways, thanks for the lesson in the jeopardy category of “things people who live under a rock don’t know”.

Aaaaanyway, Tammy has made a great life move there, one of the most beautiful cities in the World, great climate, incredible history, he’ll absolutely love it. More English players should do it.
Have offered more in my 2 posts in this topic then the 12 pages of lyrical blasphemy you’ve offered. Belmont Hill? Funny you mention that…. Small world :lol:

@duffer Boston Massachusetts USA. If youre ever by we can go to North End for some fantastic Italian food. We call it little Italy.
My treat ;)

abundance

Supports
Inter
…I am an immigrant here in the States…. My father is a die hard Inter fan who just moved in the States with me… think about it :wenger:
whooooops =D

....well, then that was not reasonable =P

Jokes aside, that's very cool, how long have you been living in the US?

Abraxas

I don't really understand why more people "should" move to European clubs or that it's a "shame" if they don't. A shame for who - the player or those that think they have a notion of what is great for other people?

It's a good thing to do if you want to do it and believe value is to be found in it. This is already part of the decision making when offers are presented to players, they would consider their quality of life and that is a personal consideration and not necessarily one that I would be comfortable attaching my own ideals of what is good for them.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Ive had better Italian food in Boston Massachusetts then i have had in Milan and Rome. If fecking Boston can have better Italian food then so can London. Just do some research.
What are you fecking talking about? I've eaten more pizzas than you have meals and the best pizzeria I've ever been to is in Milan. If you think the ingredients you're eating in a Boston Italian restaurant compare to a proper trattoria in Italy then you have no taste buds.

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
This guy @Bleu went to the Duomo in Milan and ate in a cafe in the square selling 'VIVA ITALY' shirts. Now thinks Boston has comparable Italian food.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Walks into the Tammy Abraham thread. Sees a discussion on Italian food quality in Boston, London and Italy. Walks out.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Walks into the Tammy Abraham thread. Sees a discussion on Italian food quality in Boston, London and Italy. Walks out.
Let's all enjoy Tammy's contribution to Roma's superb 4-0 again then, to bring the thread back on track.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I went to Rome and got this:

I've had way better food in Boston!!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Is there even one other PL team that can beat or even match that at this moment?
From the traditional big 6 alone

United
McTominay
Greenwood
Rashford

Spurs
Tanganga
Skipp
Kane

Arsenal
Smith-Rowe
Saka
-----

Liverpool
TAA
Elliot
------

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
From the traditional big 6 alone

United
McTominay
Greenwood
Rashford

Spurs
Tanganga
Skipp
Kane

Arsenal
Smith-Rowe
Saka
-----

Liverpool
TAA
Elliot
------
Who out of Ronaldo and Sancho is getting benched when Greenwood and Rashford are fit?

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I went to Rome and got this:

I've had way better food in Boston!!
what

da

feck

is

that?

were you impolite and threatened/disturbed other customers repeatedly that you recieved this... umm thing? :D

charlenefan

Who out of Ronaldo and Sancho is getting benched when Greenwood and Rashford are fit?
Really? You're going to be that predictable with your reply? Your 3 playing every single game themselves then yeah?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Really? You're going to be that predictable with your reply? Your 3 playing every single game themselves then yeah?
My post that you quoted was this.

Every game starters being the key words.

charlenefan

My post that you quoted was this.

Every game starters being the key words.
So it's Rudiger or Azpilicueta who miss out if Thiago Silva returns then? As I assume you're saying James and Christensen are 2 that are playing every game