Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It doesn’t matter what the player thinks or agrees to. If Aulas doesn’t get what he wants then he won’t be sold. Levy has met the french version of himself.
feck you Levy! See how you like it you cnut!!
It’s always a grind but Levy and Aulas have done deals together plenty of times before.

I think the deal is quite close to being done. Aulas is just hoping for a last minute bidder and saying he’ll wait or that no deal is close even though he’s sanctioned a medical already. He did the same with Mendy and Real Madrid - Nothing new.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
It doesn’t matter what the player thinks or agrees to. If Aulas doesn’t get what he wants then he won’t be sold. Levy has met the french version of himself.
Where are those players that wanted out from Tottenham now? Are they still at Spurs? No, they are at RM.

Crashoutcassius

The man spent summers telling us that he only made the lists and gave them to the club, now people tell us that he didn't even make the lists. so all the players that he managed in the past and joined us weren't his choices, when we were linked to Dalot and Lindelof people were sure that it was a good idea because they were 'clearly' coming from his network and he knows defenders. He was drooling at the sight of Pogba when he was at Chelsea but apparently he wasn't his choice either.
He very obviously had big input into transfers. Don't think anyone will find a quote suggesting otherwise. I think his issue came when somewhere in the club it was decided that we couldn't sign a cb better than the ones we had ie that Maguire isn't better than Jones and that we would wait for a varane or koulibaly

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems very talented. Comes across as the player we wanted Fred to be. Unless he's a highlights player for whom clips aren't the best representation.

red4ever 79

Would be the perfect CM signing for us. Industrious, full of energy and bite. Should be all over this. We have to upgrade on Matic, McTommnay, Fred and Longjohns is not the answer.

Bojan11

Where are those players that wanted out from Tottenham now? Are they still at Spurs? No, they are at RM.
Did you bother to read my post?

If Aulus doesn’t get what he wants then he won’t go it’s as simple as that. Levy dragged Bale and Modric to the end of August till he got his way due to his stubbornness. He also refused to let Modric leave the season before when Modric was demanding that he be let go to Chelsea and was saying in the media how he wants to go to Chelsea.

sp_107

Would be the perfect CM signing for us. Industrious, full of energy and bite. Should be all over this. We have to upgrade on Matic, McTommnay, Fred and Longjohns is not the answer.
They want 72M and Levy started with 40M on table.

Time to jump in and put down 65M on table with few add-on's?

Seems the player is OK with UTD as he never denied the rumours so why not we get him and offer around 150K wages we are offering to players like Matic?

We can sell or loan Matic later to cover the wages.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think his only downfall, as far as I can see, is his lack of goals, and assuming Pogba even stays, we definitely need more creativity and goal threat from Midfield.
I'd love it if we trumped Spurs though...:devil:

red4ever 79

Time to jump in and put down 65M on table with few add-on's?

Seems the player is OK with UTD as he never denied the rumours so why not we get him and offer around 150K wages we are offering to players like Matic?

We can sell or loan Matic later to cover the wages.
We need to be direct and ruthless this summer, but I cant see it happening.

Andersons Dietician

It's been said before but he is like Kante with a bit better technique we just have to see how he transitions to England. If it's anything like Kante we have a very, very good player.... if he does sign.
Who has said he is like Kante? I’d agree on the ball and technique wise NDombele is much better player but in terms of the effort put in to ball winning then they are nothing alike. If anything it’s the one thing I’d say is an issue with Ndombele. He seems a bit casual or lacks the intensity. He just seems to pick and choose when he can be bothered to go full whack. This isn’t to say he isn’t decent at getting a ball back when he can be bothered but it’s nothing like Kante going to win a ball back.

One thing about Ndombele is he seems to have that thing that Pogba has where the ball looks like it’s always on the edge of control whilst dribbling. So many times you think he has hit that too far and you favour the opposition to come away with the ball but he can some how get away with it.

Still I think he’ll be a fantastic signing for Spurs but Kante he is not.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Who has said he is like Kante? I’d agree on the ball and technique wise NDombele is much better player but in terms of the effort put in to ball winning then they are nothing alike. If anything it’s the one thing I’d say is an issue with Ndombele. He seems a bit casual or lacks the intensity. He just seems to pick and choose when he can be bothered to go full whack. This isn’t to say he isn’t decent at getting a ball back when he can be bothered but it’s nothing like Kante going to win a ball back.

One thing about Ndombele is he seems to have that thing that Pogba has where the ball looks like it’s always on the edge of control whilst dribbling. So many times you think he has hit that too far and you favour the opposition to come away with the ball but he can some how get away with it.

Still I think he’ll be a fantastic signing for Spurs but Kante he is not.
Just google "Kante, Ndombele" I do see comparisons between the 2 obviously its down to Ndombele to prove he is at the level. Like you say the biggest problem I see is consistently putting in performances that change a match.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

Time to jump in and put down 65M on table with few add-on's?...
It's very probably too late for that, regardless of what Aulas says publicly as part of his ongoing PR campaigns.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Willian was on route to Spurs for a medical (from memory?), then Chelsea jumped in.
Yes, but that was a Russian gangster intervention - Willian was 'told' that he'd now be signing for Chelsea. The sort of offer he couldn't refuse.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Aulas said: “If I wait another 8 days, it will be €80m…Tottenham made us an opening offer worth €45m. Then, we discussed more. Nothing is done, I can assure you. We are not in a hurry either. Tanguy has shown his qualities with the French national team. He is one of our best players. How much is he worth? I do not know, but not just €45m.”

Spurs are willing to spend a club record £55m to land Ndombele, but are unlikely to agree to pay £72m if negotiations drag on and Aulas sticks to his word.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...says-tanguy-ndombele-price-tag-will-increase/

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Seems very talented. Comes across as the player we wanted Fred to be. Unless he's a highlights player for whom clips aren't the best representation.
Which happens like 80% of the time. Obertan was dubbed the next Ronaldo and there were at least 20 the next Messi's ranging from young footballers playing in small leagues to kids that look like They still wet the bed at night.

I'm not against signing him though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Glaston so certain this is happening

God I hope he signs for someone else

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Which happens like 80% of the time. Obertan was dubbed the next Ronaldo and there were at least 20 the next Messi's ranging from young footballers playing in small leagues to kids that look like They still wet the bed at night.

I don't know who dubbed Obertan but he wasn't rated in France, Blanc couldn't believe that United purchased him.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Is this true or are you making up stories? :lol:
Well, Willian was under contract to a Russian club at the time. The story goes that the owner of Spartak Moscow, a Russian oligarch who knew Abrahimovic personally, stepped in to let Willian know who he'd be signing for next and that it wouldn't be Spurs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well, Willian was signed to a Russian club at the time. The story goes that the owner of Spartak Moscow, a Russian oligarch who knew Abrahimovic personally, stepped in to let Willian know who he'd be signing for next and that it wouldn't be Spurs.
Or in short, Chelsea wanted him and he knew he will get bigger salary, better chance of winning trophies and signed for them.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Didn't he have his medical at spurs before Chelsea hijacked the deal.
Yes. But substitute 'a Russian gangster' for 'Chelsea' and you'll likely have a more accurate version of events.

dz united

Yes. But substitute 'a Russian gangster' for 'Chelsea' and you'll likely have a more accurate version of events.
I don't think a Russian gangster was what made him chose Chelsea. Chelsea were a better team with a better project than spurs at the time as well as offering him more money.

Reincarnated

We can snatch this still. Sell Pogba and bring him and Bruno in. We need team players who will give everything for the batch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yeah but that doesn't mean it's the case with this fellow. Although going by our resident french football expert, he does seem to be a streaky player.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah but that doesn't mean it's the case with this fellow. Although going by our resident french football expert, he does seem to be a streaky player.
Not sure if it’s him or the entire team as they all seem to be inconsistent. Personally I think it’s the managers fault and I don’t rate him one bit.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
We can snatch this still. Sell Pogba and bring him and Bruno in. We need team players who will give everything for the batch.
How do you know you can still snatch it? You have no idea whether Ndombele has any interest in joining you.

Bestietom

If there's a chance we should try.Yesterday SSN were reporting he was on his way to Spurs for 65 million. Wrong info it seems.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well, Willian was under contract to a Russian club at the time. The story goes that the owner of Spartak Moscow, a Russian oligarch who knew Abrahimovic personally, stepped in to let Willian know who he'd be signing for next and that it wouldn't be Spurs.
Yes, but that was a Russian gangster intervention - Willian was 'told' that he'd now be signing for Chelsea. The sort of offer he couldn't refuse.
Bloody hell, man.

Gandalf

If there's a chance we should try.Yesterday SSN were reporting he was on his way to Spurs for 65 million. Wrong info it seems.
I just can't see it. We do not appear to have shown even a flicker of interest and there has not been a credible story about us even looking at him let alone making a bid. For whatever reason I think that regardless of whether he joins spurs he is just not on our shortlist.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Hate to piss all over your lovely made up story, but he was at Shaktar and they are Ukrainian.

Status
Not open for further replies.