Music Taylor Swift

CoopersDream

Another album? I know her music is little more than tapping a few keywords into a song generator and pressing go but has anybody else released so much music in such a short timeframe? Seems like one every few months this last couple of years.
If anyone has released five albums in five years?

If anyone has released five albums in five years?
Her discography says shes been doing 2 a year the last 5 years, plus tours and films. Every time you switch then radio on theres something 'new' from her.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Another album? I know her music is little more than tapping a few keywords into a song generator and pressing go but has anybody else released so much music in such a short timeframe? Seems like one every few months this last couple of years.
Can't say I'm a fan, but I don't turn it off when it comes on the car radio, unlike some of the dross rappers seem to push out.

CoopersDream

Her discography says shes been doing 2 a year the last 5 years, plus tours and films. Every time you switch then radio on theres something 'new' from her.
She has re-recorded a lot of her previous stuff as well. But that's not really the same thing. This will be her fifth new album in five years.

She's also had hits with old songs recently.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

Maybe if you include her re-recordings, but those don't really involve new writing.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Yeah, it’s unheard of. Great bands like the Beatles took years to release new albums.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Why wouldn't you churn them out when you have an army of fans that will eat up anything she does no matter the quality.

Great business from a great business women.

@Samid

I'm not averse to some Taylor bangers but your girl has a lot to answer for after last night.

Mean girling Lana Del Rey on stage with her, literally dragging her up to stand behind her in the background was bad enough. Completely ignoring Celine Dion, not even looking in her direction when she was given the award was way worse.

Last edited:

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
She also hires a team of writers, right? Easier to churn a load of albums out quickly when you’re crowdsourcing the songwriting talent.
That's definitely how I understand the situation, think she may get credited when she changes a lyric or two though, think she knows a few chords as well.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
@Samid

I'm not averse to some Taylor bangers but your girl has a lot to answer for after last night.

Mean girling Lana Del Rey on stage with her, literally dragging her up behind to stand in the background was bad enough. Completely ignoring Celine Dion and not even looking in her direction when she was getting the award was way worse.

Mean-girling Lana :lol: They're good friends and she was literally a part of the winning album (the only featured artist on it). And Taylor spent half of her time on the mic acknowledging and complimenting Lana.

The Celine thing doesn't look good tbf. It's very unlike Taylor as she's always acknowledging and hugging everyone. Maybe a combination of nerves, excitement, intoxication and a chaotic stage? Regardless she's probably feeling bad about it today.

Anyway Taylor's PR team cleaned that up pretty swiftly. I'm sure there is no bad blood between them and that Celine's heart will go on.

Wing Attack Plan R

She also hires a team of writers, right? Easier to churn a load of albums out quickly when you’re crowdsourcing the songwriting talent.
She does not. She has two writing partners.

The Grammys are ridiculous and everyone knows it, inside the industry too, but winning one definitely helps boost rate cards, increases marketing budgets, etc.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
I know i have criticised her a little on here for seeing her during NFL games far too much but i am surprised to see some posters defending her so much on here.

Let's be honest yes she is huge now but she is just another bland pop singer who will be mostly forgotten when her fans move on to someone else or just grow out of it with her. She is nothing we haven't seen come and go before. She's certainly not Elvis material

She's inoffensive and Trump supporters seem to hate her why? i have no real idea but that makes me ok with her

Mike Smalling

Are there any famous contemporary musicians that Trump fans don’t hate? Kanye, I suppose? Kid Rock (if you stretch contemporary to the absolute limit) and that’s it?
I’m sure there is a bunch of country singers that are actively supporting the Republicans. It’s huge over there, even though none of it makes it across the pond.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m sure there is a bunch of country singers that are actively supporting the Republicans. It’s huge over there, even though none of it makes it across the pond.
Sure. But in terms of the really big, global stars? I reckon they’re all like the big name Hollywood actors. Way too progressive for Trumpsters. Part of that swamp they want to drain.

Mike Smalling

Sure. But in terms of the really big, global stars? I reckon they’re all like the big name Hollywood actors. Way too progressive for Trumpsters. Part of that swamp they want to drain.
Yeah, if we are talking top tier celebrities in music, tv and movies, I don’t think you can really find anyone that supports Trump. The Republicans had Clint Eastwood at their convention some years ago, and even that was a bit crazy. They are desperate for it, though, even if the official party line is that they hate Hollywood. Every time a popular celebrity talks about even mildly traditional values, they are all over it (Chris Pratt being a good example).

MiceOnMeth

I know i have criticised her a little on here for seeing her during NFL games far too much but i am surprised to see some posters defending her so much on here.

Let's be honest yes she is huge now but she is just another bland pop singer who will be mostly forgotten when her fans move on to someone else or just grow out of it with her. She is nothing we haven't seen come and go before. She's certainly not Elvis material

She's inoffensive and Trump supporters seem to hate her why? i have no real idea but that makes me ok with her
Her fans range from 30 something millennials to 10 year olds so I'm not sure that will happen.
She will continue to create a new generation of loyal Swifties well into her late 30s early 40s so you better buckle in because Taylor-Mania is going nowhere!

Moby

Dick
Her fans range from 30 something millennials to 10 year olds so I'm not sure that will happen.
She will continue to create a new generation of loyal Swifties well into her late 30s early 40s so you better buckle in because Taylor-Mania is going nowhere!
Calm down hulk hogan

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Yeah, if we are talking top tier celebrities in music, tv and movies, I don’t think you can really find anyone that supports Trump. The Republicans had Clint Eastwood at their convention some years ago, and even that was a bit crazy. They are desperate for it, though, even if the official party line is that they hate Hollywood. Every time a popular celebrity talks about even mildly traditional values, they are all over it (Chris Pratt being a good example).
Clint Eastwood but also Harrison Ford is a hardcore Republican. The latter hasn't been vocal about being pro Trump I think but I remember having him at an event in DC on the invitation of guys like Scalise - if that tells you anything. Very shy guy in person btw, to the point of being awkward. Pretty sure Travolta and Kaitlyn (Bruce) Jenner are fans too.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Clint Eastwood but also Harrison Ford is a hardcore Republican. The latter hasn't been vocal about being pro Trump I think but I remember having him at an event in DC on the invitation of guys like Scalise - if that tells you anything. Very shy guy in person btw, to the point of being awkward. Pretty sure Travolta and Kaitlyn (Bruce) Jenner are fans too.
Yeah, that's bollocks, Eastwood has been a Libertarian since 2008 and Ford is a Democrat and a well known evironmentalist, he even worked with the Lincoln project in 2020 and produced and narrated an advert withe Mark Hamill, he also endorsed Biden in 2020

NLunited

You‘ll find very little support for Trump in Hollywood or the arts, I almost feel sorry for them ( no I don‘t). And now they are picking a fight with Taylor Swift, how dumb is that? They are genuinely scared of her.

I think it is because she is a women, independent and extremely successful. They can‘t stand it.

Eddy_JukeZ

State of the mainstream industry that this shit wins best album at the Grammies. The other winners are equally bad tbf.
The Grammy awards lost all credibility in 2020(and even before then to be honest) when the Weekend didn't even get any nominations when he had the most popular song in the year(maybe the most popular song of the 2020s) + an album that was commercially and critically successful. I might be biased since I like his music a lot, but zero nominations then was a joke.

And I think Taylor Swift has good music, but it's no surprise she won again. The awards aren't even a popularity contest ironically(because of the Weekend snub). Some artists are closer with people from the academy and appease them far more often.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The Grammy awards lost all credibility in 2020(and even before then to be honest) when the Weekend didn't even get any nominations when he had the most popular song in the year(maybe the most popular song of the 2020s) + an album that was commercially and critically successful. I might be biased since I like his music a lot, but zero nominations then was a joke.

And I think Taylor Swift has good music, but it's no surprise she won again. The awards aren't even a popularity contest ironically(because of the Weekend snub). Some artists are closer with people from the academy and appease them far more often.
Apparently Beyoncé has 32 of them :lol:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Yeah, that's bollocks, Eastwood has been a Libertarian since 2008 and Ford is a Democrat and a well known evironmentalist, he even worked with the Lincoln project in 2020 and produced and narrated an advert withe Mark Hamill, he also endorsed Biden in 2020
My guy I've literally been in the room with Ford hanging out and schmoozing with some of the most far right characters in DC and I know Eastwood has as well. Just because they say one thing publicly or take some actions to work with people of both sides of the spectrum doesn't make them saintly all the sudden. Like politicians, many of the actors with staying power know they have to walk a line.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

1. Fortnight (feat Post Malone)
  2. The Tortured Poets Department
  3. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys
  4. Down Bad
  5. So Long, London
  6. But Daddy I Love Him
  7. Fresh Out the Slammer
  8. Florida!!! (Feat Florence + The Machine)
  9. Guilty as Sin?
  10. Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?
  11. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)
  12. loml
  13. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
  14. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived
  15. The Alchemy
  16. Clara Bow
  17. Bonus Track: The Manuscript
:drool:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
My guy I've literally been in the room with Ford hanging out and schmoozing with some of the most far right characters in DC and I know Eastwood has as well. Just because they say one thing publicly or take some actions to work with people of both sides of the spectrum doesn't make them saintly all the sudden. Like politicians, many of the actors with staying power know they have to walk a line.
You mentioned two people notorious for not being able to schmooze. Ford is banned from visiting Indonesia because he publicly laid into some government officials for their palm oil production and subsequent land destruction.

Eastwood's picture follows the online explanation for what 'stubborn as a mule' means.

If you're an activist you need to be able to talk to everyone. If you want to get shit done in politics you also need to be able to talk to people which is why America haven't gotten shit done for many years now. Too many people not willing to talk and/or listen.