Music Taylor Swift

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
My sister in law played the song "London Boy" in the car the other day. My instant thought was that it was absolutely terrible.... And yet it's been stuck in my head every since ( despite it's obvious terribleness).

Is this the true power of Swift in action?
One of her very few songs I had never relistened to until now. What a colossal waste of 3 minutes.

Wing Attack Plan R

#80 "Tim McGraw" (2006)

On Taylor Swift's birthday, we rewind the clock to the beginning of her musical journey - the release of her very first single. In many ways, this debut song foreshadowed the remarkable trajectory of her career. 17 years later, at 34, her lyrics and storytelling prowess continue to take listeners on an enchanting and timeless journey.

Rolling Stone has ranked this the 11th best debut single of all time:

Dude, this is objectively a shitty song, and I'm saying this a Swiftie.

lsd

The Oracle
I give praise to God for how she has cursed Travis Kelce and the Chiefs

Samid

#71 "The Last Time" ft. Gary Lightbody (2012)

Remember this bloke from Game of Thrones? Me neither.

He doesn't have the greatest voice and should probably stick to acting but this duet is really nice.

The Last Time walked so exile could run.

Samid

#70 "Labyrinth" (2022)

Uh-oh, I'm falling in love = realization
Oh no, I'm falling in love again = fear
Oh, I'm falling in love = acceptance

Stolen from the video comments. Nice description of the labyrinth that is love.

Samid

#69 "Sparks Fly" (2010)

Time for something more upbeat. The undertones are rather frisky, perhaps fitting for this number.

rio's upper lip

Don’t know much of her music catalogue, but she sure is a looker. Love me a tall, confident and well spoken woman.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Remember this bloke from Game of Thrones? Me neither.

He doesn't have the greatest voice and should probably stick to acting but this duet is really nice.
Isn’t he the lead singer of Snow Patrol?! I had no idea he was in game of thrones, or even did acting. And I don’t see what is wrong with his voice.

This is one of the weirder threads on the Caf. I’m not sure why it draws me in to read like it does. :nervous:

Maybe it’s a ‘don’t want to see but can’t look away’ kinda deal like a freak show at the Circus. :wenger:

Samid

#68 "Is It Over Now?" (From The Vault) (2023)

We round off the year with her 11th and latest Billboard no. 1.

"At least I had the decency to keep my nights out of sight" (Shots fired at Mr. Harry Styles)

Here's to more awesome Taylor tracks and chart toppers in 2024.

Samid

#67 "New Year's Day" (2017)

"Please don’t become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere"

Heartfelt song, probably my favorite off reputation.

Mike Smalling

She's enormous isn't she? I wonder has anyone been this "big" since Michael Jackson.
I don't think that's far off. It's kind of fascinating. Artistically I don't see much difference between her and a number of other solo pop artists of her time, but it seems she has found a unique way to engage with her fanbase and also sometimes delve into the more political, which sets her apart from the rest. She's also managed to mature her act and grow older with the fanbase, which I don't think is necessarily true for the likes of Justin Bieber and One Direction.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
She's enormous isn't she? I wonder has anyone been this "big" since Michael Jackson.
Nowhere near as big as MJ but I guess she’s the biggest pop star since then as we have had a lot of short burst stars but nobody has reached consistently stood out (fame wise). It says a lot about mainstream music that today’s most popular has about 10 per cent of the talent and quality of that generation’s (MJ).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Aye they were huge but I don't think they hit this level. She's operating on a level only Michael Jackson was above.
That’s just the social media inflation. Account for its impact , Elvis, Beatles and many more were much much bigger. I still come across many relatives who don’t know who she is. I havent met anyone aside from staff / labour who won’t know the Beatles.

Last edited:

Samid

#66 "Everything Has Changed" ft. Ed Sheeran (2012)

One thing I dislike about Taylor Swift? She made this daft cnut famous in the states.

Good song though. Thankfully he only has a couple of lines.

Samid

If anyone is wondering what the kids in the video above look like a decade later (remember to mute if you hit play):

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
She's a nothing singer but her tunes are quite catchy. Some of them at least.

Not sure who produces her albums but they must be commended. Well done chaps.

Last edited:

Sweet Square

When does the funny bit start?
It’s extremely shit/lame which makes it funny. She is 34 years old yet talks like a Disney character.

Tbh I have to imagine a lot of the appeal of Swift is because she is such a average pop star. It must be very relatable to people.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
They don't know her like we know her, Mike, no one does. They don't know what it was like for people like us growing up.
If they only could open their hearts to let her light in. It would change so much.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
They don't know her like we know her, Mike, no one does. They don't know what it was like for people like us growing up.
Have you written a letter to Tay Tay yet?

You know what Taylor, we should be together etc

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Why does Taylor Swift have a surname as first name? And if it’s a first name, why is it a name of a male. And why is het songs are dog shite?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Why does Taylor Swift have a surname as first name? And if it’s a first name, why is it a name of a male. And why is het songs are dog shite?
You could cram this post in one of her songs and it would fit perfectly, the rhythm, the intrigue

Samid

#65 "Dear John" (2010)

"Don't you think nineteen's too young to be played by your dark, twisted games"

Damn John Meyer, you fecked up bro.

A nice message from Taylor before she re-released this album. She never plays this live because it's too emotional for her. However she decided to sing it on this occasion, not for personal reasons, but to convey an important message to certain... let's call them... impassioned and overly eager segments of her fanbase: the importance of kindness.

"I'm 33 years old. I don't care about anything that happened to me when I was 19 except the songs I wrote and the memories we made together. I’m not putting this album out so that you can go and should feel the need to defend me on the internet against someone you think I might have written a song about 14 billion years ago when I was 19. I do not care. We have all grown up. We are good. So... only because I'm proud of it as a song I'm going to play Dear John."

It's a good lesson for all of us. Be kind.

Samid

#64 "Out Of The Woods" (2014)

"Remember when you hit the brakes too soon, twenty stitches in the hospital room"

Inspired by a snowmobile accident she was in with an ex when they were both sent to the hospital. He lost control and wrecked it so badly that she saw her life flash before her eyes. Taylor on why this mishap never made the news: "You know what I've found works even better than an NDA? Looking someone in the eye and saying, 'please don't tell anyone about this'."

Samid

#63 "the 1" (2020)

"I'm doing good, I'm on some new shit"

2015-2019 Taylor was very unremarkable. In my opinion her two worst albums (only 1 song from that 5 year period will make the top 20) and I'll be honest, I thought she was over the top. But boy I was wrong.

Whatever 'new shit' she discovered when the world closed down has elevated her to lofty heights. 3 incredible albums and dozens of cool unreleased vault tracks later, she's more relevant than ever and showing zero signs of slowing down.

Samid

#62 "The Archer" (2019)

Time for another track 5. What's a track 5 you may be wondering?

"So track five is kind of a tradition that really started with you guys [Swifties] because I didn’t realize I was doing this but… instinctually I was putting a very vulnerable honest emotional song as track five. So because you noticed this, I kind of started to put the songs that were honest, emotional vulnerable, and personal as track five."

In this track 5, Taylor admits to her flaws and contemplates on her identity.

This is the 4th track 5 on our countdown. As an easter egg I can reveal that two of the remaining six will be making our top 5. Stay tuned!

Samid

#61 "Fearless" (2008)

Time for our first title track of the countdown. She only has 5 in total from 10 albums. 2 others will be making the list.

"I don't know how it gets better than this, you take my hand and drag me head first, fearless"

On why Fearless was the first album she re-recorded as she took ownership of her music:

"Deciding on what album to re-record first was pretty easy for me. I always gravitated towards Fearless because I think that as an album was a real coming of age. I look back on that album and it fills me with such pride. It was an album about hope, and lessons learned, and the effervescence of teenage youth and all that."

Samid

These are their most popular posts this weekend. Seems like barely anyone cares about the actual playoffs. She needs to sue them for ambush marketing.