Music Taylor Swift

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Pogue arguing he can't remember songs he probably has never listened too. Out-Pogueing yourself friend. It's a little bit sad and boring the amount of effort you're putting in to somehow be condescending in here.
I’m sorry it triggers you to hear me explaining my opinion on a musician I don’t like. Remind me to accuse you of being sad, boring and condescending the next time you slag off a film in the movie review thread.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Couldn’t hum a melody from a single one of those tunes. And I’ve surely heard them, given her status. In one ear and out the other. Bland bland bland.

EDIT: Actually, Shake it Off chorus, as discussed.
I don't think I could name or hum one of her songs. Either I haven't heard any or they are hugely forgettable.

I just searched Shake It Off and I'm glad I hadn't heard it before. Then again the video looks familiar so maybe just forgettable. Either way utterly terrible.

Better than Post Malone where I have recently had the abomination that is Chemical unleashed on me.

I'm not a Billy Eilish fan but she at least doesn't tend to make me want to push red hot pins into my ears to make it stop.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I’m sorry it triggers you to hear me explaining my opinion on a musician I don’t like. Remind me to accuse you of being sad, boring and condescending the next time you slag off a film in the movie review thread.
Come on man. You know that's not what you're doing. It doesn't trigger me (eurgh that word), but it's tiresome.

Edit: Oh sorry wrong thread silly me
:lol:

dellboyy

I don't think I could name or hum one of her songs. Either I haven't heard any or they are hugely forgettable.

I just searched Shake It Off and I'm glad I hadn't heard it before. Then again the video looks familiar so maybe just forgettable. Either way utterly terrible.

Better than Post Malone where I have recently had the abomination that is Chemical unleashed on me.

I'm not a Billy Eilish fan but she at least doesn't tend to make me want to push red hot pins into my ears to make it stop.
Shake it off is prob the worst example you could find haha. It's really obnoxiously straightforward pop.

Her earlier music had more country feel, but my favourite by her are the two lockdown albums. Has a more indie feel, great records. Give Folklore and Evermore a go.

Depends on your taste though, if it's not for you all good!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I am a huge Alicia Keys fan, but i have heard many people who seen her live saying that her voice dont hold up at all as on records.
She is an amazing all around musician as you say thought.
I've seen her live twice and she sounded better than any artist I've heard live. Almost identical to a recording. Both shows were with her in her younger prime so maybe it got worse perhaps.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I've seen her live twice and she sounded better than any artist I've heard live. Almost identical to a recording. Both shows were with her in her younger prime so maybe it got worse perhaps.
One I was really amazed with live was Tash Sultana. She's tiny and she's alone on stage but her voice is incredibly powerful and she exudes energy. She was amazing.

Withnail

The other side of the same coin is that her songs often seem familiar on first listen. It's formulaic and they don't challenge your ears or emotions at all.
That's absolutely damning criticism. If I was a musician I'd rather hear anything about my music other than that.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
100%. For an ostensibly attractive woman there’s something very unsexy about Taylor. In a weird way, it’s like her music. Seems to be well put together but leaves me totally cold.

The Markle crush I can relate to…
So much that until I quoted this, you had the second most posts in this thread. :smirk:

Rooney in Paris

Scout
That's absolutely damning criticism. If I was a musician I'd rather hear anything about my music other than that.
It's also a weird criticism that doesn't really make sense considering how much she's reinvented herself as an artist and done different stuff.

What exactly is her formula? Jumping from country to pop to folk? That doesn't quite sound "formulaic".

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It's also a weird criticism that doesn't really make sense considering how much she's reinvented herself as an artist and done different stuff.

What exactly is her formula? Jumping from country to pop to folk? That doesn't quite sound "formulaic".
Reinvented? She got older and got a new producer. That's not reinvention. That's just time and mild shifts in fashion.