Tchouameni?

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
Bellingham and Tchouaméni don't play in the same position and I doubt they are selling/loaning him after 1 season with Modric and Kroos in their last one.

Sport is a Barça newspaper, and even supposedly Madrid papers don't know barely anything about Madrid's business.

Last edited:

Bondi77

So Real Madrid will sell the player they bought to replace Casemiro????
:lol: :lol:

Mainoldo

If they are getting Mbappe Tchouameni is off.

Real Madrid have a history for this. I don’t know why anyone would have doubt.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We must do the Odegaard kind of deal with Real. Get him on loan and sign him next summer when we get funds. Can't pass on this opportunity.

cyberman

He’s a dud.
That’s the problem in thinking you can just sign the great young players of a particular season and think that’s you set for the next 10 years

greater wall

It could have legs as United look to be open to selling Fred, McTominay and sending Mejbri on loan. The midfield is light. I would expect someone to come in.

Baxquux

We must do the Odegaard kind of deal with Real. Get him on loan and sign him next summer when we get funds. Can't pass on this opportunity.
In principle, sounds good, except that the main reason for Madrid to release him would be (Mbappe) funds right here and now... way beyond a loan fee and similar to what they paid to sign him. The one way would be a formal commitment to buy on our end, complete with a hefty loan/down payment, and then a willingness by PSG for Mbappe detail to be structured in instalments

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

GlasgowCeltic

I think Kroos is still their best midfielder in the short term and Valverde Camavinga and Bellingham makes the most sense long term, Tchouameni’s definitely good enough to disrupt that though, i think Modric should’ve been allowed to go to Saudi, Ancelotti won’t be able to resist reverting back to him when it matters

Alemar

If we purchase Tchouameni, it is unlikely we will also go for Amrabat…

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
He’s a dud.
That’s the problem in thinking you can just sign the great young players of a particular season and think that’s you set for the next 10 years

He was very impressive for them prior to the World Cup. He then picked up an injury and his form was pretty indifferent for the rest of the season.

Was almost the reverse of Camavinga who struggled initially and then started to settle.

Bit ridiculous to call him a dud.

ayushreddevil9

He’s a dud.
Except he is not.

JohnnyLaw

I think Kroos is still their best midfielder in the short term and Valverde Camavinga and Bellingham makes the most sense long term, Tchouameni’s definitely good enough to disrupt that though, i think Modric should’ve been allowed to go to Saudi, Ancelotti won’t be able to resist reverting back to him when it matters
Is anyone of them as suitable to the sitting role as Tchouameni though?
I struggle to think of a better DM prospect out there.

I’d have Real down as mental for using him as a make-weight for Mbappe right now. Why not just bite the bullet and take him for free next season?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He’s absolutely not a dud he’s a player who was adapting to a new league and was terrific in the build up to the World Cup.

People underestimate the psychological side of football. Losing a WC final is a big thing and I’m sure Tchouameni will have an outstanding season this year.

The same people writing him off are probably those that wanted Rashford sold.

Irrational.

He is in the same bracket of players as Sneijder, Robben, VdV, M Diarra, Cicinho and Jovic: bought by Madrid purely for the fecks.

I am sure he will go on to become a vital player for the next club he joins.

R0nald0

Under a rug on top of a mountain under the stars.
Bit ridiculous to give this story any oxygen as it makes zero sense!

We can't afford him
Real would need to sell him for a huge fee to make any impression in FFP (the fee they paid for him has hardly amortised yet)
Why would he join us to be a rotation option

This story makes ZERO sense from any angle.

ayushreddevil9

He’s absolutely not a dud he’s a player who was adapting to a new league and was terrific in the build up to the World Cup.

People underestimate the psychological side of football. Losing a WC final is a big thing and I’m sure Tchouameni will have an outstanding season this year.

The same people writing him off are probably those that wanted Rashford sold.
Especially when you miss that penalty.

cyberman

He was very impressive for them prior to the World Cup. He then picked up an injury and his form was pretty indifferent for the rest of the season.

Was almost the reverse of Camavinga who struggled initially and then started to settle.

Bit ridiculous to call him a dud.
What about his form before this season?

GlasgowCeltic

Is anyone of them as suitable to the sitting role as Tchouameni though?
I struggle to think of a better DM prospect out there.

I’d have Real down as mental for using him as a make-weight for Mbappe right now. Why not just bite the bullet and take him for free next season?
I think Camavinga might be the long term 6

daba

Modric chose not to go to Saudi. He’s not a greedy sell-out like your average player.

garelo

Tuchel is said to be absolutely set on him as new DM for Bayern. In my mind the players we're being linked with currently (Kane, Walker, Tchouameni) are surely too much by far to happen within a single window or even a single year.
you can always sell Kimmich to us... :wenger:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
When he stepped up for the pen against Argentina I knew he'd miss didn't look confident at all. I don't think he's a big game player or has the leadership that we need at United I'd rather get experience in the midfield honestly.

Good technically but I don't really want him at United. He could be another Pogba type that goes missing when it matters.