TeamViewer looking to review current deal | Snapdragon/Qualcomm will be the new sponsor

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
They said it took place prior to the WC, which coincides w Ronaldo still being on the team.

World Cup officially started on the 20th, but teams assembled before that time. Ronaldo was officially released on the 22nd.

Then after the 22nd, it came out that a club in Saudi Arabia, Al Nassr, offered him that enormous contract.
And that team have just announced he’s signed - hours after this was leaked and the Saudis walking away came out. Definitely linked.

C'est Moi Cantona

And that team have just announced he’s signed - hours after this was leaked and the Saudis walking away came out. Definitely linked.
I don't get it?

Ronaldo is so great that we rejected a United shirt deal for him, as we knew it would really upset him?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I don't get it?

Ronaldo is so great that we rejected a United shirt deal for him, as we knew it would really upset him?
What? They stopped negotiations not us. When they started negotiations Ronaldo was here. Then he wasn’t. Then they stopped negotiations. And now a Saudi club are paying Ronaldo 170m a year. They don’t need to sponsor a club for tourism - they’ve just bought Ronaldo and all the attention that brings.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What? They stopped negotiations not us. When they started negotiations Ronaldo was here. Then he wasn’t. Then they stopped negotiations. And now a Saudi club are paying Ronaldo 170m a year. They don’t need to sponsor a club for tourism - they’ve just bought Ronaldo.
Agreed, I think they wanted to sponsor us with Ronaldo and when he left they went after him instead.

C'est Moi Cantona

What? They stopped negotiations not us. When they started negotiations Ronaldo was here. Then he wasn’t. Then they stopped negotiations. And now a Saudi club are paying Ronaldo 170m a year. They don’t need to sponsor a club for tourism - they’ve just bought Ronaldo and all the attention that brings.
Ah right, ok makes bit more sense now I suppose if that's right.

Sadly potentially nothing positive to read it for us at all then.

Edit - Tbf though, we are currently for sale, and it's not hard to think that any new buyer either don't want them as sponsors, or want to do a deal themselves, it was also after this that we pulled the Teamviewer deal, so it'd be a double whammy if there's not more to it than just Ronaldo going.

Last edited:

edcunited1878

Yep, it was leaked and bad taste by the Saudis or whoever was in that room. Can't use player commercial rights when you don't employee them. But that's just a normal transaction.

I think too is that Ronaldo was tapped up prior to the meetings, well before, and his agent was talking to the Saudi clubs and this EPL World...well then Ronaldo and the Piers shot happened, which sets off a domino effect on the business side of the house.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

cyril C

Adidas in turmoil with £1.1BILLION of unsold stock... and they may have to 'literally BURN £450m' of Kanye West's unsellable Yeezy range, which could see them report losses for first time in 30 years
  • Adidas left with £1.1bn of unsold stock after reporting its annual results
  • Company counting costs having cut ties with rapper once known as Kanye West
  • But German sportswear brand is hoping to hit back with a profit growth by 2024
You are looking at the wrong thing mate. The Adidas deal, is different from Teamview deal. Teamview logo, is being printed onto a MU shirt, made by Adidas. In fact, to cover their loss, Adidas needs to sell MORE shirts. Unless the news said Adidas is left with 1b of unsold MU shirts....

The timing of these 2 deals is probably different. Even if Adidas believe MU is the wrong club to sponsor, or they wish to pull out from football shirts all together (for whatever reason), we can simply switch to PUma or others.

Getting a new logo for our 2024 season must be a priority, which is mostly influenced by international fan base, modestly influenced by pitch result

TrebleChamp99

You are looking at the wrong thing mate. The Adidas deal, is different from Teamview deal. Teamview logo, is being printed onto a MU shirt, made by Adidas. In fact, to cover their loss, Adidas needs to sell MORE shirts. Unless the news said Adidas is left with 1b of unsold MU shirts....

The timing of these 2 deals is probably different. Even if Adidas believe MU is the wrong club to sponsor, or they wish to pull out from football shirts all together (for whatever reason), we can simply switch to PUma or others.

Getting a new logo for our 2024 season must be a priority, which is mostly influenced by international fan base, modestly influenced by pitch result
Spoiler - it will be a world record deal with either INEOS or Qatar Airways

cyril C

Spoiler - it will be a world record deal with either INEOS or Qatar Airways
if Ratcliffe is going to acquire the club, I would prefer INEOS not sponsoring the deal. Get fresh money from outside, as we might need INEOS/Ratcliffe's funding for other matters, such as new stadium...

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
if Ratcliffe is going to acquire the club, I would prefer INEOS not sponsoring the deal. Get fresh money from outside, as we might need INEOS/Ratcliffe's funding for other matters, such as new stadium...
Ineos will make the club take over payments for the club acquisition, and will probably grant permission to Ineos to explore the tracking opportunities around Salford training ground. Nor will he get pay off the stupid non voting share sale. And neither is he able to outbid the Qatari family. But if Ineos do sponsor the team, then that would be fun to see.

Micky Targaryen

Qataris buys the club and lets INEOS sponsor our shirts as a consolation prize.

"Win-win-win." - Michael Scott

Markus3

Ineos will make the club take over payments for the club acquisition, and will probably grant permission to Ineos to explore the tracking opportunities around Salford training ground. Nor will he get pay off the stupid non voting share sale. And neither is he able to outbid the Qatari family. But if Ineos do sponsor the team, then that would be fun to see.
if we are taken over by Ineos, we would not be able to be sponsored by them, for obvious reasons

Rolaholic

Was hoping for the Snapdragon logo. Almost looks like Vodafone :drool:
Yea probably gonna be like their deal with AMG-Mercedes

Now that I think about, I wonder if the club simply sounded out the AMG marketing person because our current and future shirt sponsors have all been with them for years :lol:

Even the INEOS links with Sir Jim linked to the club sale

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Typical Glazers.

There was speculation Apple were in for us at the start of the sale process.

Now we might end up sponsored by one of their parts competitors.

Having said that, much better than TeamViewer. We can have a dragon third kit next year with green and gold if the Glazers do feck off.

RedDevil@84

Feck me they don’t target clubs based on success, it’s all about the fanbase.
And with that sponsorship, Glazers have increased their asking price to 8B, because club seems to be very popular, despite their best efforts.