Ten Hag Resignation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

This has always stuck in my head and gave me hope when ETH was appointed, that he would have seen this coming. Right now he’s like a deer caught in the headlights. A shame how things are turning out so far. The Martinez signing for CB completely contradicts this line of thought in the quote. I think he will get it right but there is more pain to come lads.
Yeah that was initially a very encouraging quote. Have heard different people say that the Dutch mentality of total football sometimes struggles in England although we've obviously had some cracking Dutch players in this league (Bergkamp, RVP, Stam, Ruud, VVD etc.). I'm not sure that mentality thing is true but he does look pretty shocked by the intensity of the league.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
As far as who to pick, he’s damned if he sticks and he’s damned if he twists. Our alternatives aren’t any good either.

Really is a throw away season, just bring in as many new players as you can, sell anyone you can.

saik

Some of you guys genuinely think he’s just going to resign??
If we don't get any new signings before the end of this transfer window, yes. But the money involved is too much though, so he might just prefer taking the sack.

bludsucker

What in the feck has that got to do with the stupid point you were trying to make?
Well given time and patience any manager can replace the whole playing 11 and get results. But to be given the time and patience and the resources for it needs to be judged on the manager’s ability to set up his team and get results. I see no tactical plan that can succeed on the pitch. No change in defensive organization to yield different results. Yet we are supposed to show patience towards one manager while throwing another one under the bus. That was my whole point. But hey ho call it stupid and pat yourself on the back for a trolling job well done.

TrueRed79

He's making his own mistakes and deserves criticism for that too.

He refused to even meet with Rangnick who could have told him the squad is shit. He seemingly couldn't see De Gea can't play in a possession based team. He picked McFred and then this abomination of a midfield. He insisted on wasting a ton of money on a centre back that was obviously completely unsuited to the Premier League. He insisted on chasing one target all summer with no resolution in sight.

The club will be dross until the Glazers go, but ETH has been completely and utterly underwhelming so far himself, as bad even as Moyes. If he decides to chuck in the towel he's a coward to boot.
Utter crap. He's smart enough to know who's up to it and who's not. He doesn't need Rangnick to confirm what he already knows. Aside from that, he can't just walk in a rip the whole team up. Only thing supporters should concentrate on is getting rid of the Glazers. All this hyperbole is nonsense when you factor in the bigger picture.

saik

It looks like ETH has positioned us as FDJ or bust. We should have moved on weeks ago.
I was a muppet for FDJ all summer and genuinely believed he would come especially with all the positive vibes after the preseason. Not so much now. A lot will be made of the car crash of the team we are after this humiliating loss today and there's no way FDJ won't know about it.

el3mel

Utter crap. He's smart enough to know who's up to it and who's not. He doesn't need Rangnick to confirm what he already knows. Aside from that, he can't just walk in a rip the whole team up. Only thing supporters should concentrate on is getting rid of the Glazers. All this hyperbole is nonsense when you factor in the bigger picture.
The guy kept Maguire as a captain and a starter. That's enough for me to think he knows jack shit about the team he inherited.

NinjaFletch

And yet for all this 'utter crap' he's repeated mistakes which your average redcafe user could have told him to avoid. Hardly screams intelligence.

The Glazers and their cronies are responsible for bungling every major decision since Fergie retired, including every managerial appointments and a squad of dross. I find it weird that people are so convinced of the fact that Ten Hag also doesn't fit into that pattern that they won't even entertain a discussion of how Ten Hag has made a lot of mistakes in his limited time without resorting to jibes.

Ten Hag was after all appointed by those same cretins responsible for this mess. What realistic basis is there to assume that they've got this one right?

TrueRed79

The guy kept Maguire as a captain and a starter. That's enough for me to think he knows jack shit about the team he inherited.
Fair enough and it's obvious Maguire is a major problem, but management isn't as straight forward for a new coach, walking into a new club and dropping the captain straight away. If you honestly think that's a good idea in any way, then i have some bad news that you, you wouldn't do very well as a manager in any role whatsoever.

el3mel

Fair enough and it's obvious Maguire is a major problem, but management isn't as straight forward for a new coach, walking into a new club and dropping the captain straight away. If you honestly think that's a good idea in any way, then i have some bad news that you, you wouldn't do very well as a manager in any role whatsoever.
Maguire isn't really a big name or a respected captain for it to be a major problem. It's not like he's stripping Keane or Evra of the armband. No one will care.

Matt851

He is obviously being hamstrung by the morons above him but is also making some pretty significant mistakes. Trying to play the same football as he played at ajax with de gea in net, Maguire at centre and Fred in centre mid seems a stretch.

His transfer targets (assuming he is directing tjem) also just make it seem like he is intending to build a new ajax with no thought about how the pl differs

TrueRed79

Maguire isn't really a big name or a respected captain for it to be a major problem. It's not like he's stripping Keane or Evra of the armband. No one will care.
But it would be one. You simply cannot overlook that it would be an issue. England international, 80M investment and captain. If you cannot see it from ETH point of view then fine. I'm not trying to change your opinion.

el3mel

But it would be one. You simply cannot overlook that it would be an issue. England international, 80M investment and captain. If you cannot see it from ETH point of view then fine. I'm not trying to change your opinion.
Maguire didn't get the armband based on any merits. He just signed, and then few days later Ole decided to give him the armband. There was no basis for choosing him as a captain to start with so I doubt people will care when the armband shifts to another one. From the start it was a daft decision based on nothing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why isn't this merged with the main ETH thread?

TrueRed79

He is obviously being hamstrung by the morons above him but is also making some pretty significant mistakes. Trying to play the same football as he played at ajax with de gea in net, Maguire at centre and Fred in centre mid seems a stretch.

His transfer targets (assuming he is directing tjem) also just make it seem like he is intending to build a new ajax with no thought about how the pl differs
Agree with what you've said. I'm surprised he took the job. The task might be too big for him. Utd have no structure that compliments his style as a coach. From the outside it looks like we haven't signed players that he wants, that are crucial to how he sets his teams up tactically. We have bigger problems than ETH, but we all know this.

MrSingh2002

Why he approved Martinez signing? Why he playing Fred as dm? Where is the attractive football we taught he would bring? Etc.

I don't think he will resign, moreso he will be sacked like Nuno Santos
I agree at this point. Continuing to play Maguire and Shaw is his own choice and he has to live with that.

He has Varane and Martinez to play CB and Malacia to play LB. We are seeing ETH make this team no better despite having 3 now players in the squad.

If he gets more signings and we don't see improvements required he'll be sacked.

Spacktard3395

Walk? He’ll be sacked first. This is mental. I thought after the second goal he might change something, but here we are at 4-0 with the same 11.

Jose would have made five subs.
Change it out to what, though? It's akin to replacing poo with sh*t.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The word that describes this thread and possibility is embarrassing.
Agree.

Calm down you tits. We're all angry but we have to give our new manager time to reshape this team. A tactical transformation will be long and painful. Like my penis.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
? When did this happen and what was said?
That was the PR talk.

In truth we probably told him he'll get money but it'll be limited and he has to improve what we have AS WE FINISHED 2ND THAT ONE YEAR.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not sure the thread is as ridiculous s some are saying. it's not calling for him to be sacked. but as things stand, I don't see him wanting to see out his contract. I think he sorely underestimated the size of the job he inherited.

Not saying he'll quit this week or month but if promises were made to him about the squad and that turns out to be utter lies, then who knows...

glasgow 21

It looks like ETH has positioned us as FDJ or bust. We should have moved on weeks ago.
this is a terrible thread. FDJ or bust ? If you are not backing the manager then we deserve to be relegated the team isn't good enough to many player doing nothing as last year. This nothing to do with ETH. Handing Bruno a raise when his form wasn't actually as good as season one really ? EtH need to make a statement and drop Maguire and buy a new goal keeper and FDJ (or type) at some stage season one. If there is no money or capabilities by Murtough to actually get signings done and do their jobs then how does anyone blame ETH. Our club was in trouble well before ETH got here so stop looking for the easy scapegoat as always.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Resign watch?

I expected the fans to jump on his back relatively quickly, but two games in is just ridiculous.

Heardy

this is a terrible thread. FDJ or bust ? If you are not backing the manager then we deserve to be relegated the team isn't good enough to many player doing nothing as last year. This nothing to do with ETH. Handing Bruno a raise when his form wasn't actually as good as season one really ? EtH need to make a statement and drop Maguire and buy a new goal keeper and FDJ (or type) at some stage season one. If there is no money or capabilities by Murtough to actually get signings done and do their jobs then how does anyone blame ETH. Our club was in trouble well before ETH got here so stop looking for the easy scapegoat as always.
No you misinterpreted me I think mate. Someone was complaining about lack of signings and my point was that ETH had appeared to put all our eggs in the FDJ basket from a transfer perspective.

The saga of a transfer has gone on and on with little progression. If it’s not going to work out, we should be looking at viable alternatives.

I prefer ETH’s approach of wanting to buy the “right” players but if we can’t/don’t buy we’re stuck with McFred in midfield. That isn’t ETHs fault, but it’s a midfield not up to scratch either - hence the bust comment.

Last edited:

Reyoji-Utd

Looking at the thread, i wont blame him if he walks out the next game.

You can still see posters are questioning him rather the players and the top people. Cant we see how bad some of our players are and it wont help with less time and their inept to play/or just not suited to play in this system. We simply dont have player capable of playing or suit his system. Why keep blaming the manager and not the players. We still have players from the past four managers and that shows how much we are lenien toward players. Every thing is the managers fault.

AdamD

Try the younger players - any answers against not playing them are mute, now. Lack of experience, not being ready etc. don't matter anymore in the face of this.

Malacia, Garnacho, Malacia, Garner, Elanga (At least, he tries)
I’d have gone 352/442 and pack the midfield.

dDg
Varane Martinez Maguire
Dalit sancho VdB garnachio malacia
Ericson (10) Ronaldo

ddg
Dalot Varane Maguire malacia
Sancho Martinez (Dm) VdB Garnachio
Ericson (10) Ronaldo

At 3 nil down it would have been an ideal time to try something different against a team like Brentford.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Ehm... the very definition of clickbait?

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag could leave Old Trafford, with the club in chaos just two matches into the season.
That's according to journalist Tom McDermott, who stresses that although the 52-year-old is nowhere near the brink of leaving the job he's only been in for mere months, things could well change.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The Lukaku of managers
I'd suggest that you read that again.

The journalist has even said (even stressed!) that he doesn't and then added a completely baseless assumption that he his opinion can, perhaps, change his mind. And then they took this baseless assumption, put it in quotations to make it sound more legitimate and made a clickbait title out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.