Tennis 2015

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
hmmmm... I'm pretty sure he said that courts should be slower and he also said it's not fair that the final tournament is never played on clay.
Strange. The commentators said the opposite. Maybe that was about a different hard court tournament.

Bole Top

Strange. The commentators said the opposite. Maybe that was about a different hard court tournament.
maybe, I don't know. this is what he said before tournament:

"I believe that it’s not fair that a player like me really never played on a surface that was a little bit more favourable. I always played on the worst surface possible for me. The atmosphere is just amazing and I am very happy it is there. I enjoy it every time I have had the chance to be there, but we can play on clay there too."

I also remember him saying that courts are actually too fast for him, but that was during Australian Open. maybe he changed his mind - that would make sense now when his knees are "fecked".

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Good hold in the end after a poor start there. Shame about the bellends in the crowd on his serve at break point.

Sam

Murray playing some absolutely insane shots at times. His defence really is incredible.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Murray playing some absolutely insane shots at times. His defence really is incredible.
It must be so demoralising to play against at time. That one forehand he'd if out to whip across the court for a winner was outrageous.

Sam

That point just there to win the set was just outrageous :lol:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
That defence into that winner was ridiculous.

Goffin must be wondering what he has to do, he hasn't even played badly.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
David Cup Champions! :D

What a turnaround for GB, we were hopeless a few years ago.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Team of the year nailed on. Murray is one of the best sportsmen we have had.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
That was one of the best 3 setters I've seen. Goffin played a good game but Murray was just too good when it mattered. His serve was there when he needed and he's just a brick wall sometimes. He returns some balls he has no right even getting a racket to let alone hitting a winner.

Sam

The size of that trophy though :lol:

How the feck are they supposed to lift it?

saivet

Definitely! 2 time Grand Slam winner, Olympic gold, Davis Cup hero, and some say he's underachieved....
In what is a great era for tennis.
Really does annoy me the stick he gets from ususally more casual tennis fans.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
In what is a great era for tennis.
Really does annoy me the stick he gets from ususally more casual tennis fans.
Yep, played alongside 3 of the greatest tennis players of all time and people expect him to win every tournament. Can see a couple more coming his way at least with Federer and Nadal not being at the levels they were too.

Bojan11

Need to give James Ward credit for beating Isner. If he hadn't done that, we may have lost to the Americans as they have the greatest doubles team ever.

ZDwyr

Murray played superbly. I didn't think Goffin was too bad, Murray just a class above.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Yep, played alongside 3 of the greatest tennis players of all time and people expect him to win every tournament. Can see a couple more coming his way at least with Federer and Nadal not being at the levels they were too.
He cant beat Djokovic so probably wont win more then 1 more grand slam.

ZDwyr

He cant beat Djokovic so probably wont win more then 1 more grand slam.
He can beat him, but obviously it is very difficult. Although if Novak gets knocked out early by a red hot Wawrinka or something then I think Murray would have a very good shot at winning another slam.

saivet

He can beat him, but obviously it is very difficult. Although if Novak gets knocked out early by a red hot Wawrinka or something then I think Murray would have a very good shot at winning another slam.
The two grand slams he won were both against Djokovic. Also the Olympics semi final. He loses more often than not but Murray is capable of beating him.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
That's just blatantly not true.
Djokovic has won 10 of their last 11 matches. The only time Murray can beat him is if another player saps all of his energy the day before (Like Del Potro at Wimbledon). The record is 21-9 in Djokovic's favour. Murray just cannot beat him when it comes down to it. And the only way to win a grand slam is to beat Djokovic.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Here is also another nice fact for you. The past 3 years, grand slams have been won by either Djokovic or whoever beats Djokovic. Thats at least the last 12 grand slams. Suggests that you have to be playing a ridiculous tournament to win against him. Murray just cant do it like other guys can.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Here is also another nice fact for you. The past 3 years, grand slams have been won by either Djokovic or whoever beats Djokovic. Thats at least the last 12 grand slams. Suggests that you have to be playing a ridiculous tournament to win against him. Murray just cant do it like other guys can.
I dunno if Wrawrinka and Cilic are capable of having good enough tournaments then I see no reason why Murray isn't capable of doing the same. We're assuming Djokavics current ridiculous form will continue too, he may well have a dip in form that other players can take advantage of, or injury. I don't think it's at all unreasonable to suggest another 2 majors are within Murrays reach.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I dunno if Wrawrinka and Cilic are capable of having good enough tournaments then I see no reason why Murray isn't capable of doing the same. We're assuming Djokavics current ridiculous form will continue too, he may well have a dip in form that other players can take advantage of, or injury. I don't think it's at all unreasonable to suggest another 2 majors are within Murrays reach.
The thing with Djokovic is he has been consistently outstanding every year. Even when he doesn't win it all, he is still usually beaten by eventual winners playing their best ever tournaments. I also don't think Murrays game has enough aggression and is too passive to have tournaments like Wawrinka and Cilic have pulled off. Not saying he is worse then him because he is consistently a level above them both but those two (Along with a couple others) have reached tournament levels Murray hasn't. I also don't think he ever will reach that level needed to beat Djokovic.

The thing going in Murrays favour is the lack of talent younger then him. The new generation are crap. However, on the flip side, he is a week older then Djokovic who has an equally brilliant physique and fitness, if not better. Its hard looking past the Serbian tosser TBH.