Tennis 2019

wr8_utd

:'(
To put his win in context, Dimitrov coming into the USO :
Lost 7 of 8 matches
Lost to World Number 407

It's an astonishing result and week in general for Dimitrov.

saivet

Anyone having issues with Amazon Prime? Not working at all on my PS4 and can't stream the US Open on my phone or laptop.

Jagga7

Anyone having issues with Amazon Prime? Not working at all on my PS4 and can't stream the US Open on my phone or laptop.
Yeh I'm having problems as well. It's definitely down. "Some features might be unavailable due to a temporary service issue. We apologize for the inconvenience." That's the messaging I'm getting.

saivet

Yeh I'm having problems as well. It's definitely down. "Some features might be unavailable due to a temporary service issue. We apologize for the inconvenience." That's the messaging I'm getting.
Looked on their twitter and no info at all.

Just as I was thinking their coverage was getting better and it was becoming more user friendly, making it easier to find and select matches you wanted

saivet

Feel a bit for Berrettini. He was serving for the match at 5-3, had match point at 40-30 in the 5th set. And he double faulted with such a nervy second serve.

5-5 now.

saivet

Two more match points not taken for Berrettini, this time on the Monfils serve.

Into a 5th set tie break..

wr8_utd

This is a crazy crazy match.
The number of double faults in this tournament has been ridiculous. Everyone just trying to big on double second serves.

saivet

Not the greatest quality wise, but that set was bloody entertaining. Wanted Monfils to win but if Berrettini lost that I think it could have crushed him, so happy for him to make it through.

wr8_utd

Not the greatest quality wise, but that set was bloody entertaining. Wanted Monfils to win but if Berrettini lost that I think it could have crushed him, so happy for him to make it through.
I'd have preferred Monfils to win purely as he'd probably be the easier opponent for Rafa (if he wins later). Berretini has the potential to both serve big and hit huge.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I was there yesterday again....
First a men's double match with the germans Krawietz/Mies (French Open winners)......sorry Murray/Skupski but i hope they are winning the tournament because they are great.
Then a few junior matches.
Then it was time for the Arthur Ashe Stadium and Wang's embarrassing performances against S.Williams.....you can lose 1-6 0-6 against S.Williams but 0 winners was a disgrace :houllier:
Then this
To put his win in context, Dimitrov coming into the USO :
Lost 7 of 8 matches
Lost to World Number 407

It's an astonishing result and week in general for Dimitrov.
I was always a big fan of Dimitrov and i saw 30 minutes of his terrible loss against King at the Atlanta Open a few weeks ago.......so i was very happy for him yesterday and it was worth the money :)

Berrettini vs Monfils was :drool::lol::cool:

wr8_utd

I was there yesterday again....
First a men's double match with the germans Krawietz/Mies (French Open winners)......sorry Murray/Skupski but i hope they are winning the tournament because they are great.
Then a few junior matches.
Then it was time for the Arthur Ashe Stadium and Wang's embarrassing performances against S.Williams.....you can lose 1-6 0-6 against S.Williams but 0 winners was a disgrace :houllier:
Then this

I was always a big fan of Dimitrov and i saw 30 minutes of his terrible loss against King at the Atlanta Open a few weeks ago.......so i was very happy for him yesterday and it was worth the money :)

Berrettini vs Monfils was :drool::lol::cool:
Berretini Monfils may not have been that high on quality but my goodness, it was so dramatic :lol:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Andreescu beats Mertens 3-6 6-2 6-3
I think Andreescu will win the US Open......but if not then i hope for Bencic because she had so many injuries so that would be a nice story.

A shame i can't watch now Nadal vs Schwartzman :(

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I really like all 3 apart from Serena so I know Serena will win now . Andeerscu is going to be a superstar

wr8_utd

Rafa had a double break and serving for 5-0 and now it's back on serve. Diego playing well but this is just awful from Rafa.

wr8_utd

Nadal's already hit more forced errors on the forehand today than he hit in the entire match vs Cilic. He's just completely lost the plot since going 4-0 up. Such routine shots being missed.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a bizzare set of tennis . Nadal is out there thinking about how badly he played while Diego is probably happy with how well he played

wr8_utd

Rafa really got away with it with those 2 BP he saved at 4-4. Since going 4 up, he's looked very poor. Lots of really wild errors.

wr8_utd

Yet another set where Nadal absolutely throws away a double break. Worst Nadal has played all tournament by far.

saivet

From what I gather from the end, the match was as expected. Nadal winning but Schwartzman making him work for it. It's a lop sided head to head but Nadal never seems to be able to beat Schwartzman easily.

Commentators mentioning Nadal's arm, anything to be worried about?

wr8_utd

From what I gather from the end, the match was as expected. Nadal winning but Schwartzman making him work for it. It's a lop sided head to head but Nadal never seems to be able to beat Schwartzman easily.

Commentators mentioning Nadal's arm, anything to be worried about?
Rafa had double breaks in both Set 1 and Set 2 and just completely lost the plot in both and lost both the double breaks both times.
Diego really fought well but ultimately, players like him and Kei just can't go that next level on hard courts with such weak serves.
As for the arm, I think it was cramping, not sure. He did get some lotion rubbed into both his hands. Think it was some swelling as well but he should be fine. In the final ten mins he remembered how to play tennis again and was very good.

I'm praying conditions aren't this humid on Friday.

saivet

Rafa had double breaks in both Set 1 and Set 2 and just completely lost the plot in both and lost both the double breaks both times.
Diego really fought well but ultimately, players like him and Kei just can't go that next level on hard courts with such weak serves.
As for the arm, I think it was cramping, not sure. He did get some lotion rubbed into both his hands. Think it was some swelling as well but he should be fine. In the final ten mins he remembered how to play tennis again and was very good.

I'm praying conditions aren't this humid on Friday.
Cheees, from what I gathered it was cramps but wasn't sure. I remember his hand/arm was cramping in the RG final vs Thiem in 2018 too. I guess he will give a better explanation in his press conference.

Hopefully the conditions aren't as humid, but Berrettini had a tough match too, so I doubt he would cope any better.

wr8_utd

Cheees, from what I gathered it was cramps but wasn't sure. I remember his hand/arm was cramping in the RG final vs Thiem in 2018 too. I guess he will give a better explanation in his press conference.

Hopefully the conditions aren't as humid, but Berrettini had a tough match too, so I doubt he would cope any better.
The forecast doesn't look so good unfortunately. Berrettini also struggled in the day today with the humidity but the conditions are worse at night. Unlike Diego though, the Italian has the firepower to get a lot of easy points. It's going to be a tough match!

saivet

The forecast doesn't look so good unfortunately. Berrettini also struggled in the day today with the humidity but the conditions are worse at night. Unlike Diego though, the Italian has the firepower to get a lot of easy points. It's going to be a tough match!
Diego is a guy you know won't go away without fighting. Berrettini has never been beyond R4 (at Wimbledon this year) in a slam and definitely seemed very nervous in the 5th set vs Monfils.

He also played Federer at Wimbledon and put in one of the worst performances I've seen.

Game wise, I think he could trouble Nadal, but in terms of his physical or mental game, I doubt it. No doubt he has the potential to be a tricky match if he comes out firing and Rafa is not on it.

Bojan11

I don’t see Berrettini doing it personally. He is tired also.

It’s his first time playing Rafa on tour. He’s playing a leftie with a weird looping forehand something which he’s never really experienced before.

It’s why Medevedev was struggling at Toronto. He was basically striking the ball from his knees once Nadal got into his rhythm and he didn’t really have any answer for that. So that experience playing Nadal at Toronto would have done him good.

wr8_utd

Diego is a guy you know won't go away without fighting. Berrettini has never been beyond R4 (at Wimbledon this year) in a slam and definitely seemed very nervous in the 5th set vs Monfils.

He also played Federer at Wimbledon and put in one of the worst performances I've seen.

Game wise, I think he could trouble Nadal, but in terms of his physical or mental game, I doubt it. No doubt he has the potential to be a tricky match if he comes out firing and Rafa is not on it.
I hate having to face Diego. What he lacks in serve, he more than makes up with his tenacity and his groundstrokes. He never has any issues going toe to toe with Rafa in rallies and an stay in them. I'm just glad he got through it without dropping a set.
Berretini at Wimbledon was playing a bit injured after his own match against Diego in the previous round so that performance against Fed looks a bit unfair on him. I agree mentally Rafa should be way too strong for him but he's one of those players who, if red lining, can blast Nadal off the court but I think Nadal will get through it.

I don’t see Berrettini doing it personally. He is tired also.

It’s his first time playing Rafa on tour. He’s playing a leftie with a weird looping forehand something which he’s never really experienced before.

It’s why Medevedev was struggling at Toronto. He was basically striking the ball from his knees once Nadal got into his rhythm and he didn’t really have any answer for that. So that experience playing Nadal at Toronto would have done him good.
This can work both ways to be fair. It may even take Rafa a while to figure out how to play the guy. You could see Federer also struggle initially against players he was facing for the first time.
As for Medvedev, I was pretty stunned by how well Nadal played/how poorly Med did in that final in Toronto. He'd have learned since then and if his body is fine, he'll be a big big threat. His defense has been Djoko like at times and he's shown he can vary it up and attack and cut points short too when needed and then ofcourse there's that huge serve.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I only saw highlights but i thought Schwartzman would make it a bit tougher for Nadal.

My predictions for the rest of the tournament
Semi-finals: S.Williams beats Svitolina and Andreescu beats Bencic
Final: Andreescu beats S.Williams

Semi-finals: Medvedev beats Dimitrov and Berrettini beats Nadal
Final: Medvedev beats Berrettini

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I will be very shocked if Rafa/Serena don’t win fairly comfortably.

Serena looks really good right now. Destroyed Svit last night.

wr8_utd

Svitolina was just awful vs Serena. When she had the chances, she didn't take them and she just played on the defense the entire time. Andresscu seems to have a good amount of mental strength so hoping she doesn't get overawed by the occasion and can beat Serena.

Bojan11

feck prime getting problem occurred on multiple devices. Wish sky or Eurosport had the rights. Streaming is not the future for me.