Tennis 2021

wr8_utd

:'(
Unsurprisingly, Hurkacz gets broken early in the second. That's sadly probably the end of his resistance.

wr8_utd

Big serving, obviously, from Federer when in trouble and he saves 2 BP to consolidate the break. Hurkacz needs a hold here.

AshRK

For an almost 40 year old to show such skill is remarkable. Brilliant player.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Back on serve in the second set. Meanwhile Berretini 5-1 up against FAA in the first set.

kiristao

Federer's stroke play hasn't been as smooth as it used to be. Has looked very hesitant most of the tournament.

Deery

Dreary
Hard work for Federer I don’t see him winning this one, still great to watch though..

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seems like the other guy may win this. Unless of course Fed turns it around in the next few games.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Rogie going home today........

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
2 sets down and I think that's that.

To be fair, Federer never stood a chance at Wimbledon this year. He's struggled in nearly every single game whatever the scoreline. He hasn't had any rythme Or genuine form to speak of at this year's tournament.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
2 sets down and I think that's that.

To be fair, Federer never stood a chance at Wimbledon this year. He's struggled in nearly every single game whatever the scoreline. He hasn't had any rythme Or genuine form to speak of at this year's tournament.
I'm hoping he doesn't take too long a break after he loses here and continues to get the matches in which is what he's missing.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Even if he turns this around he has no chance of winning the tournament playing like this

Zen

No dancing round it. This is still an upset, Fed fans can downplay however they want, but it's been marginal and his odd errors have allowed him to be 2 sets down. He should of had this reasonably steadily, even in the way he's been playing so far.

Hurkacz isn't elite at all, but then again, he's the type Federer has had reasonable problems with before.

Djokovic is utterly light years ahead of the rest, which is beyond mad. But there ya go.

Deery

Dreary
The only thing is Roger is playing that bad he can only get better..

Brophs

The One and Only
I suspect we’re watching Federer’s last set(a) at Wimbledon. I’m just glad he didn’t wear a fecking monogrammed cardigan for this one.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I suspect we’re watching Federer’s last set(a) at Wimbledon. I’m just glad he didn’t wear a fecking monogrammed cardigan for this one.
If it is, I hope he doesn't announce it like Becker did in 97 (whispering it to Sampras who just beat him). Hopefully Roger stays on to play the US.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
No chance it's his last Wimbledon. He should give it one more go at least. This match looks done though. Way too many errors off his forehand while Hurkascz giving nothing for free.

wr8_utd

No dancing round it. This is still an upset, Fed fans can downplay however they want, but it's been marginal and his odd errors have allowed him to be 2 sets down. He should of had this reasonably steadily, even in the way he's been playing so far.

Hurkacz isn't elite at all, but then again, he's the type Federer has had reasonable problems with before.

Djokovic is utterly light years ahead of the rest, which is beyond mad. But there ya go.
Given how poor the field is right now, it's not really that mad to be honest. Djoko himself hasn't been close to his best this year but there's no one to challenge. Nadal's been largely rubbish, Thiem was someone who used to trouble him and he's disappeared, Tsitsipas and Co. can't really do it when it really matters and all the kids are utterly useless on grass.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
no ever seen federer look so poor, it’s sad to see

Raoul

Admin
Staff
No chance it's his last Wimbledon. He should give it one more go at least. This match looks done though. Way too many errors off his forehand while Hurkascz giving nothing for free.
This is pretty much the peak performance one could expect of anyone at Wimbledon at the age of 39, so I'm not sure what value he would see in attempting it at 40 when the likes of Novak are still at their peak and players like his opponent today, Berrettini, Shapo and others are beginning to assert their claim to potentially winning a trophy here.

wr8_utd

This is pretty much the peak performance one could expect of anyone at Wimbledon at the age of 39, so I'm not sure what value he would see in attempting it at 40 when the likes of Novak are still at their peak and players like his opponent today, Berrettini, Shapo and others are beginning to assert their claim to potentially winning a trophy here.
I still think he'll be back one last time next year even if he has no chance at winning.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I disagree. This is still early in his comeback and more tournaments and more tennis will get him back into rhythm. Physically I don't think there will be much difference between this year and next year. He lost because of some incredible unforced errors today. Play this match over tomorrow and he will still be favorite. Novak is of course a problem but he is not unbeatable no matter how good he is.