Film Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I say reviews are probably divided.

Its fanbase are probably experiencing genre fatigue. Genisys got absolutely destroyed by critics but its box office performance in China allowed it to make money. I think DF tried to follow the Genisys formula and mine the China market again butnseems like even the Chinese are staying away from it.
You're right. The likes of IGN (mainstream publications) have given it fairly good reviews. Whereas Stuckmann and Jahns were impressed.

InfiniteBoredom

I say reviews are probably divided.

Its fanbase is definitely experiencing genre fatigue. Genisys got absolutely destroyed by critics but its box office performance in China allowed it to recoup the budget. I think DF tried to follow the Genisys formula and mine the China market again but seems like even the Chinese are staying away from it.
Totally spitballin’ here but maybe Genisys doing well in China was due to Emilia Clarke’s involvement? I doubt that particular audience grew up on the Arnie/Linda films.

thepolice123

Totally spitballin’ here but maybe Genisys doing well in China was due to Emilia Clarke’s involvement? I doubt that particular audience grew up on the Arnie/Linda films.
We talking about a country that had Fast & Furious 6/7 milking almost a billion. :lol:

My guess is they didn't like Genisys and decided not to watch Dark Fate.