Film Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I went to see Zombieland 2 which was fun then sneaked in and watched this in another theatre. I'm very glad that I didn't pay for it.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
As a male feminist I honestly thought this was fantasic, maybe not as good as T2 but not too far off being just as good as the original. Would highly recommend going to see this.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm just not getting Gramps Terminator. Did his family know he was a killing machine or not?

I'm trying not to look at all the plot holes because it's a terminator film but this part of it was incredibly daft.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I enjoyed T4 on the whole is that wrong? T3 is still watchable although they aren't a patch on the first two. T5 was the massively abysmal one for me.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Only interesting thing is the tech at the start of the film, with de-aging of Furlong and Hamilton. Well, interesting and a bit disturbing. Looked very, very real.

Flick is otherwise very uninteresting.

Art Vandelay

If it's covered in human skin and hair that ages then surely he needs to eat in order for that skin not to rot off.
Not only that but any damage to the skin won't heal if it's not actually alive, you'd assume there would be a lot of wear and tear. The eyes would probably dry out over time too.

All problems that could be averted by not writing a Terminator that's been around for 30 odd years into the fecking story.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
As a male feminist I honestly thought this was fantasic, maybe not as good as T2 but not too far off being just as good as the original. Would highly recommend going to see this.
I'm putting my white flag up because I only ask this out of curiosity as I haven't been paying any attention to this film but your comment caught my eye. Why is being a feminist relevant to the quality of the film?

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Just seen it. Was a dread. The action is too epic it's unbelievably bad.

Davies was very attractive though
They should of found a way to entice Cameron back properly to do it his way or convinced someone like Nolan or the chap who did the blade runner sequel (can't remember his name). Terminator ended at 2 for me unless the can do what I said at beginning of my post.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
They should of found a way to entice Cameron back properly to do it his way or convinced someone like Nolan or the chap who did the blade runner sequel (can't remember his name). Terminator ended at 2 for me unless the can do what I said at beginning of my post.
Hard to do with a messy storyline. Nolan would need to erase the connors, the arnold, and just starts fresh

Art Vandelay

Hard to do with a messy storyline. Nolan would need to erase the connors, the arnold, and just starts fresh
If you do that then it's really just a remake of the first film. There's really nowhere for this story to go, the whole thing should have ended with the second.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If you do that then it's really just a remake of the first film. There's really nowhere for this story to go, the whole thing should have ended with the second.
Kinda hard to do with the 2020s technology. Smartphones and all that would make the whole storyline gaping with plotholes.

Take dark fate. If that's happening in real life the us armies would probably already be involved pretty soon.

Maybe remake it in the 90s or 80s... i agree with you though, this whole connor and dani shits in beyond repair

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
You really cant afford to make movies without trying to satisfies too many parties these days.

Feminist, minorities, diversities, and what else
Robots themselves soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....ect-machines-from-their-creators-8097696/amp/
They have already drawn up a ‘Transhuman Bill of Rights’ and hope to persuade the United Nations to adopt it so that robots, computers and other smart machines don’t have to endure the brutality of mankind.
Stay woke.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I prefer they made it in the future.

This time travelling works in the 90s for budgeting issue and the cgi isnt actually there. Would love to see they recreate the future and tell us more.

But that's probably a different movie altogether

Sweet Square

Firstly its The Metro, which is as about as informative and useful as toilet roll(Even its own website has the title - News but not as you know it). Plus the article is about one individual but more importantly Transhumanism/robots being human is literally one of the corner stone of sci fi fiction. The idea that its somehow new or woke is just bizarre.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I prefer they made it in the future.

This time travelling works in the 90s for budgeting issue and the cgi isnt actually there. Would love to see they recreate the future and tell us more.

But that's probably a different movie altogether
They'll just erase the timeline and find Connor's ancestry in medieval times where they won't have weapons to destroy the hi-tech terminator.

T:Salvation had a decent future setting and Bale as Connor and Yelchin as Reese was not a bad choice after all. Can't understand why would someone erase that timeline, if there could be intersting events in the future, with a script writer with any sort of creativity. These types still do exist somewhere.

Ace of Spades

I know that this is Hollywood, and anything that was a hit must be turned into a 'franchise' and milked to no end, but I think it is time to bury this one.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I get the whole woman power push thing and am not at all against it, but do they have to force it so much? It just makes it seem like a gimmic and takes away from any impact or message it would send and also detracts from the film itself.

Saying that, it's nowhere near as gimmicky or detracting as shoehorning Arnie into the film despite his character making no sense and being a central part of the "story"...which also as a result made no sense.

You expect plot holes in a time travel film I guess but the story itself seemed like it wanted to have its cake and eat it. I mean if this new thing wasn't a "terminator" or Skynet machine, why did it act exactly the same as one and have exactly the same abilities and characteristics, and exactly the same mission? It's either a terminator or it isn't.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm putting my white flag up because I only ask this out of curiosity as I haven't been paying any attention to this film but your comment caught my eye. Why is being a feminist relevant to the quality of the film?
No answer to this Val? I'm intrigued too.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
No answer to this Val? I'm intrigued too.
One of the big criticisms I've seen on Youtube and Twitter has been the usual "this is another girl power/badass women/blah blah movie." I went to see it with low expectations and found it actually pretty decent. Being a feminist isn't necessary at all to enjoy the movie obviously, I was just checking to see if anyone would bite that shared the views I've seen expressed on Twitter. Sorry x

I'm a vegan

Redlambs

One of the big criticisms I've seen on Youtube and Twitter has been the usual "this is another girl power/badass women/blah blah movie." I went to see it with low expectations and found it actually pretty decent. Being a feminist isn't necessary at all to enjoy the movie obviously, I was just checking to see if anyone would bite that shared the views I've seen expressed on Twitter. Sorry x

I'm a vegan
Twitter is a law unto itself. But I don't think searching out views to get angry about is healthy.
Neither is living off grass.

thepolice123

Reading some of the replies here made me rethink my intial review of this movie.

Yep its still garbage.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's got strong reviews and done terribly at the box office. Weird.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I stayed away from all trailers and all reviews and talk about it, so was able to go in completely open-minded.

I thought it was easily, by a very long way, the best since T2. Obviously not as good as the first two movies and it's not going to be legendary like they were, but for the first time I felt we had a movie that deserved to be considered canon. Well, I never actually watched Genisys but from what I hear that wouldn't change anything.

One thing I've seen mentioned a bit (now that I've read reviews and comments after seeing the movie) is the 'girl power' thing. Can honestly say it never really crossed my mind while I was watching the movie. Linda Hamilton is obviously awesome. I thought Mackenzie Davis was great and I'm curious to see if she gets more action-movie roles in the future. Natalia Reyes is the weak point of the trio but she was treated that way by the other two in the movie so it worked. Towards the end of the movie when she started taking a stronger role there were moments that were a bit iffy, but overall it was fine. If their idea is to continue the movies with her in a more prominent role that could be an issue though. Not sure she has it in her (but then again who would have thought Linda Hamilton in T1 could go on to be such a badass?).

I really enjoyed the idea of the new terminator. Effectively combined both the T800 and the T1000 together, with the ability to separate and have two terminators working together when needed. I thought that was very clever. The actor playing him was obviously trying to channel a bit of Robert Patrick and he did a decent job, but obviously won't have the iconic long-term appeal.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Tbf, this could’ve been the greatest film ever and it still wouldn’t have made much money, as they’re now trying to sell Terminator sequels to a generation that have only known bad Terminator films.

At least the other big nostalgia franchises limping into their 6th+ sequel, like the Star Wars & Jurassic films, are still making shit loads of money... somewhat justifying their ever decreasing artistic returns.... whereas the last 3 Terminator films (all completely separate sequels to the 2nd one, rather than each other!) have all performed under expectation, so it’s kind of baffling how we’ve even managed to get another of these!

Someone somewhere is just desperate to push these things through, against all commercial and critical common sense. And everyone’s finally stopped caring.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

I'm a vegan
She was enhanced. Given enough weakness to avoid miss marvel all over again. Davies made herself look the part with that body. So it plays safe on all front.

If she wasnt enhanced then yes it'll be weird

Redlambs

Tbf, this could’ve been the greatest film ever and it still wouldn’t have made much money, as they’re now trying to sell Terminator sequels to a generation that have only known bad Terminator films.

At least the other big nostalgia franchises limping into their 6th+ sequel, like the Star Wars & Jurassic films, are still making shit loads of money... somewhat justifying their ever decreasing artist returns.... whereas the last 3 Terminator films (all completely separate sequels to the 2nd one, rather than each other!) have all performed under expectation, so it’s kind of baffling how we’ve even managed to get another of these!

Someone somewhere is just desperate to push these things through, against all commercial and critical common sense. And everyone’s finally stopped caring.
Shit. Sticks. Throw. Wall.

Even though the modern ones are trash, thanks to the internet and 'member berries, this is one of those cool 'old enough to be retro, but futuristic enough to be interesting' franchises that they can push with promise to this gen with enough manchildren, like Star Wars, still around to carry it and push to their kids. It only takes them to make money, with the hope that one will be huge again.

I'm just more shocked they've not gone full remake with the Rock.

thepolice123

It's got strong reviews and done terribly at the box office. Weird.
I say reviews are probably divided.

Its fanbase is definitely experiencing genre fatigue. Genisys got absolutely destroyed by critics but its box office performance in China allowed it to recoup the budget. I think DF tried to follow the Genisys formula and mine the China market again but seems like even the Chinese are staying away from it.