TFM to Ajax?

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
BREAK: #Ajax establishes contact with @tfosumensah... First unofficial conversations between #Overmars and case observer have been held.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
BREAK: #Ajax establishes contact with @tfosumensah... First unofficial conversations between #Overmars and case observer have been held.
This is interesting, would it be a loan or would Ajax buy him? Guess we'll find out in the coming days. I can see him doing well at Ajax and rejuvenating himself in his home city.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This is interesting, would it be a loan or would Ajax buy him? Guess we'll find out in the coming days. I can see him doing well at Ajax and rejuvenating himself in his home city.
Not sure Ajax can afford his salary.

Such a shame his promising career has not panned out. Really had such high hopes for him a few years back.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Not sure Ajax can afford his salary.

Such a shame his promising career has not panned out. Really had such high hopes for him a few years back.
Ajax bought Tadic and Blind last summer. Their net spend is over £100 million for the past 4 seasons and who knows how much more they've gotten in sell-on fee percentages in recent years. They can easily afford the wages of Fosu-Mensah.

rollingstoned1

is he not good enough? considering how washed up our ex wingers turned fbs are and how we lack depth in those areas why didn't we recall him and retain him as a versatile squad member?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I really think he should have been loaned out playing as a destroying midfielder these last couple of years somewhere in the Championship. His best strengths is tackling, power and speed. I'll much rather he learn positional sense as a ball winning midfielder. His passing isn't great but I just feel his tackling is so strong he could have been something special there.

An Irish Red

I really think he should have been loaned out playing as a destroying midfielder these last couple of years somewhere in the Championship. His best strengths is tackling, power and speed. I'll much rather he learn positional sense as a ball winning midfielder. His passing isn't great but I just feel his tackling is so strong he could have been something special there.
That's my view on him as well.

He doesn't have the attacking quality necessary to be a modern fullback, but his athleticism, tenacity and ball-winning are all great. He suits a destroyer role best.

That's my view on him as well.

He doesn't have the attacking quality necessary to be a modern fullback, but his athleticism, tenacity and ball-winning are all great. He suits a destroyer role best.
Even a midfield destroyer has to be top class on the ball and he is not. He also gets lost positionally at full back so god knows what he'd be like there.

Would be a good move to get his career back on track - they would play him in his correct position and he's already familiar with the club.

JohnnyKills

Fair enough. Doesn't look like he's going to make it at United does it. Shame though, thought he was going to be great for us.

Thiagoal

Is definitely a CB or CM destroyer for me, so a little confusing why he's been loaned as a full-back. Still very young and a move to Ajax could be the making of him!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Not good enough for Palace and Fulham, says it all really. Good riddance.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Ajax bought Tadic and Blind last summer. Their net spend is over £100 million for the past 4 seasons and who knows how much more they've gotten in sell-on fee percentages in recent years. They can easily afford the wages of Fosu-Mensah.
And they just sold Frenkie to Barca, and will in all probability sell De Ligt for a massive free in the summer as well.

But I think that poster was more worried about wages, than the transfer fee. Not sure how much we're paying TFM anyway. Shouldn't be that high.

gregor

How come no one has suggested to use him in deal for De Ligt yet? :)

Last edited:

izec

Jack of all trades defensively and no fix position plus not enough game time. Needs to move on asap

Judas

Open to offers
A prime example that people need to calm down with overhyping kids on here, the amount of fantasy lineups you'd see with this lad featured :lol: yeah at one point he looked very promising, but he's just not been able to make the step up, it happens. If he does leave, I wish him the best of luck.

pascell

If it's a loan move then that'd be great. He's been hard done by that he went to Fulham under one manager and they sacked him after a few weeks and the new one doesn't rate him. They also signed a permanent RB last summer also, so bad move all round really.

Either way, I hope we're talking about de Ligt in these conversations.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Gnarby could not get a game for West Brom a few years ago. He started for Bayern on Tuesday.
For every Gnabry there are hundreds of failures. Will Keane, Blackett, Reece James, Amos, Tunnicliffe, Petrucci, De Leat, Chester. Just some of the examples from this decade. I could go on forever baby.

NoPace

RCB in a 3 man back line might really suit him best. I could see that being the best fit for him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's being wasted here so would be a good move for him.

Gopher Brown

We need to look at how effective sending players on loan is, it doesn’t appear to be any more effective than keeping them in the U23s, where they’d have the added benefit of being around the club and being available if the first team needs them.

Out of Lingard, McTominay, Rashford and Pereira, 2 never went on loan, Lingard had 4 loans at Championship level and wasn’t ready for our squad until he was 23, and Pereira’s loans don’t seem to have helped him at all.

I’m thinking if a player isn’t suitable for the first team by 20, they aren’t likely to be and they should be sold with either a buy-back, or sent on a long-term 2 year loan.

pascell

Who’s fault is it then?
I say United have to shoulder some of the blame, they can see he's not playing (might have been injured, I'm not 100%) and should see it he's in Ranieri's plans, if not they need to talk to clubs and see who's interested. The best case scenario for TFM is going to Ajax on a season loan, if it's not Ajax then he might have to drop down to the Championship like Tuanzebe, simply because he needs regular game time at this stage of his career.

Its so easy to ovedhype or write off a young player when they're not playing, once they've played 12 to 18 months of regular first team football, that is the best way to gauge whether they have the right skills to make it at the top.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
We need to look at how effective sending players on loan is, it doesn’t appear to be any more effective than keeping them in the U23s, where they’d have the added benefit of being around the club and being available if the first team needs them.

Out of Lingard, McTominay, Rashford and Pereira, 2 never went on loan, Lingard had 4 loans at Championship level and wasn’t ready for our squad until he was 23, and Pereira’s loans don’t seem to have helped him at all.

I’m thinking if a player isn’t suitable for the first team by 20, they aren’t likely to be and they should be sold with either a buy-back, or sent on a long-term 2 year loan.
I agree with this.

SteveW

Who’s fault is it then?
I'd say nobody's fault. Just dont think he's quite talented enough. I see him as a Micah Richard's type. Great physical attributes make him stand out underage but he doesn't have the other attributes required for a club like United.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I'd say nobody's fault. Just dont think he's quite talented enough. I see him as a Micah Richard's type. Great physical attributes make him stand out underage but he doesn't have the other attributes required for a club like United.
Like Micah Richards he should have stayed at CB.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I agree with Lvg about Mensah. He said that TFM can be excellent dmc. I would love to see him there next season

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Loans to struggling teams are a poor barometer of how good a player is or can be.