Thank you and Goodbye David.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
As much as we wanted this to happen, I think it's important to show a bit of class and respect. Any of us would have jumped at the job, just like he did. Now it is clear that he wasn't the man for the job, that's life.

I truly wish him well and hope he finds another Premier League club, as much as the blame rightfully falls on him, I do feel he was in such a difficult situation.

All the best.

NK86

I won't thank him for anything. I will wish him goodbye and all the best for his future endeavors.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
All the best Dave. No hard feelings.

Some of the comments in the main thread are disgraceful, he's been publicly humiliated.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Goodbye Moyesie and all the best for your future.

Robbie Boy

I wish him well but 'thank you'? For what exactly?

Newcastle should get rid of Pardew and bring Moyes in. I reckon he would do a good job there.

RonaldoVII

Yeah fully agree. Nothing against the guy, it just didn't work out. Hope he can rebuild his reputation as failing at United doesn't make him a bad manager. Hopefully he can return as a visiting manager in the years to come and get a nice welcome.

Lu Tze

Thank you and goodbye. I'm 100% sure he gave it his best shot, just didn't work out. Sometimes clubs and managers just don't match.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Genuinely think he was a decent guy and did his best to do well for the club. Shame he wasn't good enough.

Best of luck for his future.

dmode

Thanks loads David... I know you've given your 100%... Manchester United can be tricky sometimes... could have happen to the best... it's a pity that you've not been given enough time. :)

Some comments have been quite disgraceful, true Manchester United fans are intelligent and knowledgeable, far from that rawkish shit we've been hearing lately.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I do think it's a bit crappy that the club fed the news to the press yesterday and then told him this morning after 12 hours or so of it already being known.

He should have been the first to know, really.

SalfordRed1960

Good luck in the future.

It didn't work out with us, but I am sure that you will be in the premier league next season.

I hope, as fans, we show a lot more respect than the Everton fans.

Esquire

Thank you for trying so hard and giving your best. At the end of the day it just wasn't good enough. Best of luck with the next job Mr. Moyes.

Esquire

I do think it's a bit crappy that the club fed the news to the press yesterday and then told him this morning after 12 hours or so of it already being known.

He should have been the first to know, really.
Agreed. We didn't get this firing right either. Poorly handled.

Stainz

A sad day. I really wented him to do well. Always liked him but lost alot of my faith in him during the second half of the season.
We have not improved during the season and i am fed up with him prasing the team post game after a dreadfull display (like the one against Everton).

Wish him luck for the future and hope we can get a manager that we can keep for several years. Cant take this every year.

Varun

Staff
Don't really have anything to thank him for but yeah, I do wish him well for the future.

Get In Scholesy

It's been unfortunate series of events regarding how he found out, but I don't think many of us can disagree with the sacking. Wish him the best of luck in his future endeavours. I'm pretty sure he will be managing in the premiership come next season.

Glanville95

I feel sorry that his reputation at the club has been destroyed within nine months, but I'm not going to feel sorry for a guy earn millions if pounds yet being inept at his job.

Still, I hope he can bounce back and manage a decent club next season.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Thanks Dave. You give your all, I have no doubt about that.

Sorry it comes to this, grab a holiday and some time off. Come back and claim your stake again.

Sorry for everything I've said about you, it's nothing personal i can assure you

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's a shame it didn't work out for him. I'm sure he gave it everything. Genuinely seems like a decent guy hope he does well at another Premier League. The club have handled this poorly and should have not waited a day to tell him his fate.

SiRed

sooooo we are back to square one. I wanted it to work out for Moyes but some things are not meant to be.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
An honest chap who tried hard and went about his work with integrity.

But let's not kid ourselves that he did anything positive for the club in his tenure. He convinced everyone that this hugely successful trophy winning machine was in some way draconian and he was going to need a long while to fix it and he'd need to get rid of half the squad too before this could be done.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I stood by him longer than most. I continued to think he'd take us out of this rut and end the season well to show us hope for next season.
Sadly, the manner of the defeats themselves, let alone actually losing, were just too much.

As I said in the Moyes So Far thread yesterday, I can't hate the guy. He wasn't to know how big this job really is when he signed up for it. I know he tried his best for us, and the celebrations against Fulham when we thought we won - I think that was proof enough that he always did his best and was truly ecstatic when something would go his way.

Farewell Moyes, and I do hope you can rekindle your managerial career elsewhere. The next time he comes to Old Trafford, I sincerely hope he won't be booed. He was a man out of his depth chosen by the club.

I only have respect for Moyes, and I feel terrible for him how the sacking news trundled out yesterday, despite how happy I am that he's being sacked.

ZDwyr

I appreciate his effort. For signing Mata and for handling Adnan quite well. I hope he gets another job and has a successful time of it.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Thank you David for tying down Wayne and Adnan, and bringing in Mata. Your one season here wasn't good, but you may have contributed greatly to our near future. Hope you get a decent job soon, good luck.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'm thankful for the good he did. He brought in Juan Mata, and he tied down Januzaj for the foreseeable future. Some could argue convincing Rooney to stay was good as well, though that one will always be up for debate. The Champions League campaign was the highlight. Those Leverkusen games and the Olympiakos 2nd leg will be memorable for some time.

There's plenty of bad, but there's no need to go into that.

I hope he bounces back quickly, and I hope he continues to get a warm reception at Old Trafford.