Thank you and Goodbye David.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He signed Januazj and that was the high point, best of luck and goodbye.
No he didn't - Ferguson did. Moyes had to play him to offer us all some hope, he did well, and then Moyes had to offer him a new contract to ensure he didn't leave the sinking ship he holed.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
This was always going to happen, he wasn't good enough but it's not his fault he was hired. No one would turn down this job.

I wish him well for the future, just unfortunately out of his depth here.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
He sorted out the Rooney situation, he got a deal in place and signed for Janujaz and he signed a great player in Juan Mata. It was never going to be enough but thank you for trying David.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm thankful for the good he did. He brought in Juan Mata, and he tied down Januzaj for the foreseeable future. Some could argue convincing Rooney to stay was good as well, though that one will always be up for debate. The Champions League campaign was the highlight. Those Leverkusen games and the Olympiakos 2nd leg will be memorable for some time.

There's plenty of bad, but there's no need to go into that.

I hope he bounces back quickly, and I hope he continues to get a warm reception at Old Trafford.
Mata, and Januzaj are likely to be his best legacies. Question marks remain over Rooney. Fellaini definitely not his finest moment.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No he didn't - Ferguson did. Moyes had to play him to offer us all some hope, he did well, and then Moyes had to offer him a new contract to ensure he didn't leave the sinking ship he holed.
That's bs Moyes didn't have to play anyone, he shipped out Zaha on loan! He didnt do much right when here but Give him credit with Adnan for feck sake.

LR7

I will thank him when he buys Fellaini for his next club.

steeeb

He's been given a lot of stick and it was clear he was a bit overwhelmed from the start and out of his depth. It was clear he wasn't going to be a success here, but that is hardly Davids fault. Following on from SAF was always going to be a massive ask.

In a way, I'm glad we have got past that and a new manager coming in should give a boost to the players instead of an automatic uncertainty that came with SAF leaving.

I had honestly thought we'd have kept him on and given him a big budget. He'd bring players in and we'd improve to get into the top 4 and therefore given another year and we'd be floating around 4th spot and probably challenge now and again.

I'm glad he got sacked to be honest with you. And Round and Neville need to go too. That 'set plays' book was really the last straw for me. Cringe-worthy stuff.

Blasphemy

Wasted £30m on Fellaini, had us playing atrocious football with a losers mentality and gave Rooney everything he wanted.

Thanks for Januzaj, Mata and nothing else. Glad he's gone.

Ekeke

We gave him a go. He gave it a go. Ultimately the job was too big for him, its too big for most

I expect one day he'll have another chance at another big club if he really does brilliantly rebuilding his reputation at smaller clubs. And his experience this season will help him give it a better go

Good luck David, you just werent good enough this season. Not even slightly close.

kotha

The last 12 hours were poorly handled by the club.. I wish him well, all of us aspire for things that are better and as far as managing in England is concerned no one can turn down this job.. He tried, wasn't up to it so was rightly fired, but I think it could have been handled a lot better..

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Hard working and honest. Had the balls to take the job after SAF and I respect him for that. He's just not good enough for a club like Manchester United. Spurs could do a lot worse. Good luck to him.

Backrow Singer

He's an honest man who did his best. As pointed out, he's tied down the futures of Wayne and Januzaj which will be huge for us going forward. Sometimes these things don't work out and that's that. He wasn't quite good enough in the end but he gave his all. He won't be getting any stick off me next season if he finds a job in the Premier League. I really hope I'm speaking for all of us on that.

Good luck Dave. You did your best which is all anyone can do at the end of the day. All the best for the future.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Not a big club manager, never really did much even with a mid tier club like Everton nevermind a big club. Was a bizarre selection from the off, IMHO, and that falls squarely on SAF

Zak Smith

Probably the correct decision.

Feel sorry for the guy and have done for some time, which says it all really. I would imagine that alot of the internal power struggles talked about in the press seem to have been accurate, so to walk out like he did on his own against Villa took big balls. A hard working guy, wish him all the look into the future.

Shocking treatment by the club/glazers.

A1X

Bye Dave. I don't think anyone can say you didn't try your best, but it was just too much for you right now. There's no shame in that, and I'm convinced you will go on to have a successful career at other clubs. Sorry it didn't work out.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Just didn't work out. He made too many mistakes, and far too many things went wrong for him. Now we move on. I still think he tried to change too much to soon with his backroom staff overhaul.

Drifter

American
Thanks for taking on this massive job and giving it a go. Saf was a very hard act to follow and the next manager will realise that. Good luck and wish you well in your next job.

pauldyson1uk

Thanks for what ? he turned United in to a laughing stock, starting with the farce that was the summer transfer window and Fellaini!!!
This season we was nothing more than mid table cannon fodder, OT was maybe the easiest place to come this season and win, we will finish with the lowest points ever in PL history.
Just look at Everton they are a better team without him and we are a worst team with him, says it all really.
He alienated our best players , we would not play some of the best young talent in the PL and called Liverpool favourites in a game at OT, UNFORGIVABLE.
Sorry there is no thanks from me for anything he has done. OK Mata and Januzaj he can get some small credit for them
He is a decent mid table manager , nothing more and never will be United was just to big a job for him.
Wish him well in getting a job more fitting to his ability, but lets not forget he is walking away with a decent size final pay packet.
GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE

Drifter

American
Thanks for what ? he turned United in to a laughing stock, starting with the farce that was the summer transfer window and Fellaini!!!
This season we was nothing more than mid table cannon fodder, OT was maybe the easiest place to come this season and win, we will finish with the lowest points ever in PL history.
Just look at Everton they are a better team without him and we are a worst team with him, says it all really.
He alienated our best players , we would not play some of the best young talent in the PL and called Liverpool favourites in a game at OT, UNFORGIVABLE.
Sorry there is no thanks from me for anything he has done. OK Mata and Januzaj he can get some small credit for them
He is a decent mid table manager , nothing more and never will be United was just to big a job for him.
Wish him well in getting a job more fitting to his ability, but lets not forget he is walking away with a decent size final pay packet.
GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE
This is a thank you thread. Anger and frustrations can be found in the countless other threads.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have nothing against him and wish him in his next managerial stint wherever he goes (if we sack him). I personally didn't find him a smug/petulant/arrogant individual like some people do, nor do I think him being hard working and honest needs to be shouted about. He was, in my mind never good enough for Manchester United, and I'm unsure as to how we ever thought he would be.

This season has been painful to watch and hopefully the club makes better and smarter decisions in the future and both it and David Moyes move on to better things.

So, nothing to particularly feel thankful about nor any reason for anger or hatred.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Moyes is definitely a good manager and a nice man but sadly it didn't work out. I am thankful for him remaining classy throughout all the pressure heaped on him and hope he lands a good job in future.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Thanks Dave...

And thanks for all the records you broke with us
(I do mean it in a good way, like the 80 cross record etc, it was fun to watch)

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
We have a lot to thank him for. He took on a huge job, tried his hardest, and respected the club. The fact that it didn't work out doesn't change that.

I've stood by him the whole time, and I'm kind of peeved that he didn't get the full season, but that's football.

Best of luck in the future, David.