Thank you and Goodbye David.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Yeah fully agree. Nothing against the guy, it just didn't work out. Hope he can rebuild his reputation as failing at United doesn't make him a bad manager. Hopefully he can return as a visiting manager in the years to come and get a nice welcome.
This

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Reminds me of Wilf Mcguiness and O'Farrell...decent guys,likeable but not good enough.

History will be kind to him I feel for all he did for Everton.Let's see how martinez shapes up over the next couple of years

Tibs

Seriously though, fair fecks to him.

He's worked hard in his professional life to work up to the highest levels...he made it happen through his hard work and determination and ambition. It didn't work out, but at least he can never look back and think I wish I pushed harder.

Gotta respect that

Moonred

If Januzaj goes onto become a superstar then moyes will deserve some credit. Hope moyes learns from this and resurrects his coaching career.

JSMHE

Thanks for hard work and trying. All the best and good luck in the future David Moyes.

RustyS

Thanks for trying. He was never the right man for the job but that is not his fault. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

ninety

I definitely wish him all the best for the future. I liked him as a person and thought he was a good manager at Everton. Didn't work out here but hopefully he can rebuild his career somewhere else. I think United proved to be a bit too big of a step up in terms of the experience he had. I'm also disappointed he found out of his sacking through the media. United handled that poorly. He deserved better than that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What are we thanking him for again?
For all the great moments he provided us this season, like that one result from that one game that nobody can remember...
It's actually a little shocking that other then the 5-0 Leverkusen game, there was absolutely no results to shout about, to be proud or happy for, or to lack back on and think that was a great performance. Just terrible, to the very rare decent game is what his career was here. Every time we came up against a decent, top half team, we struggled and ended up losing/drawing.

Good luck Moyes!

Terrific manager, but sadly not for this level. I appreciate how hard he's been working and how much this season must have hurt him. But this is the best for both sides. He'll get another decent job and maybe he might earn another shot at a big club in the future. I'd like to see him winning a trophy some time. He needs to develop that winners mentality.

DocRockter

Been thinking about this the whole day.. He took the bullet from which no one could survive. The shadow of Sir Alex was too big to follow with success for any man and Moyes became the one who eases the way into a new era. Sadly for him it will be with a different man leading the way. It's a shame that when we get there, the outside world will be calling Moyes a failure. Hopefully we as United fans will see the real truth and acknowledge his contributions in all this.

Some say a more experienced manager would had done better but the reality is, that this job is the pinnacle of club football(as I'm writing this, Moyes was briefly talked about during a NHL playoff game) and simply too big for anyone to handle. I'm sure a similar effect will happen to Arsenal as well when Wenger calls it quits sometime in the future.

After a bad start playing through a tough schedule, the injuries and under-performing while learning a new system took their toll and that was it.. I counted 7 of the 11 players in my starting XI played worse than they did last year. I'm not blaming Moyes for that and neither for playing hot players when the league was still in reach. For example Januzaj gave him major problems playing like he did and Moyes was 100% right to keep him in the squad while waiting others to find their forms.

Moyes' greatest failure was not having a real authority over the star-players like Rooney, which in the end prevented him of having at least success in Europe and give him another year in the job.

An Irish Red

I'm glad he's gone but I'd like to see him overtake Everton with Newcastle or the like in the future. If he could manage to get the Celtic job at some point that would probably be best though; easy title wins and he could play the underdog in Europe. Tailor made for him that.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Oh no doubt i agree all season he tried to make people believe everything & everyone was to blame but himself, (transfer window, fixture list, old players, weak squad, etc.) but he was under massive pressure and was trying to buy himself time to keep his job hoping he could turn it round at some point.

Can't say it was the bravest behaviour i have seen and i think he will look back and realize he let himself down with a lot of what he said, a stronger man would maybe have taken more of the blame, but pressure can affect people in different ways and i think he is a better man than his behaviour here at times showed.

Now his tenure is over there would be nothing to gain for him to sully United, the board or the players in the press, and i think he would know that. If he did it would reflect badly on him since everyone thinks he is such a decent chap.
This is real life, good chap got the Axe, evil chap got all the riches and beautiful chick

He has his shot, he blew it. There are millions of us who's more or less in his position : bottling it when it really matters. There's nothing to cry for except for himself. it's just a wake of life.

Pressure is part of life, you can't blame pressure of managing United. It is expected, it's not even a force majeur, he just failed when it matters.

The sooner he shake this from his head and move on, the better for him. I know it's easier said that done, but there's no point crying over spilt milk, and if he got that mental strenght, he should have just move on, just as we don't dwindle over his mistakes and move on

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm glad he's gone but I'd like to see him overtake Everton with Newcastle or the like in the future. If he could manage to get the Celtic job at some point that would probably be best though; easy title wins and he could play the underdog in Europe. Tailor made for him that.
To be fair, I don't think he should manages in England for the time being, his reputation and image really took a hard blow (cough...mclaren) he should manage somewhere else with less pressure and slowly regain his composure. And to be honest, I don't see Newcastle players take him seriously, even the board won't entertain that idea, not to mention the fans' reaction.

In retrospect, he might simply rejected this chalice if he can turn back time, we will never know.

Winrar

Might sound harsh but I got nothing to thank him for.

That being said, I do feel sorry for him, but at the same time he should've known what was coming to him when he accepted the job and he deserved the sack after a dismal season of unprecedented levels consisting of train wreck after train wreck. @Sky1981 summed it up perfectly. Being a Manchester United manager, especially after a legend that's been here for 26 years, would obviously come with huge pressure (with what is already a big enough pressure to manage a club at this level). If you can't handle the pressure, then you don't deserve the job, as simple as.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I am sure he worked hard and did what he thought was right. I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he was a bad person, just the wrong person for the job. It happens.

I hope the dirty laundry largely remains hidden but I really doubt that will be the case, which is unfortunate. The sad part for me is that too many of the players who did not give 100% will get away with acting like spoiled brats.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
To be fair, I don't think he should manages in England for the time being, his reputation and image really took a hard blow (cough...mclaren) he should manage somewhere else with less pressure and slowly regain his composure. And to be honest, I don't see Newcastle players take him seriously, even the board won't entertain that idea, not to mention the fans' reaction.

In retrospect, he might simply rejected this chalice if he can turn back time, we will never know.
You're overreacting. AVB got another chance with Spurs after the Chelsea failure, Hodgson with West Brom after Liverpool. His prospects are fine for any club outside the top 6.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You're overreacting. AVB got another chance with Spurs after the Chelsea failure, Hodgson with West Brom after Liverpool. His prospects are fine for any club outside the top 6.
I hope so.

But none of them got so found out as bad as Moyes.

Hodgson is a known quantity, AVB got a player's mutinee to gain him a benefit of doubt, Moyes got nothing on his side ... except that everton story once in a blue moon

Come to think of it, there's no positive we can come out with this season... i can hardly think of one

Varun

Staff
He wrote that 'I am ashamed, but not surprised by the vitriol displayed in here by some of the lesser educated, attention seeking muppets.'

Obviously the latter part of the sentence about 'lesser educated, attention seeking muppets' is itself an attention seeking comment …. but he is right about the vitriol which has sometimes gotten personal and nasty, especially in the past few weeks and days.

I will never understand why people can't simply comment on the subject and not the person. Moyes was not up for this job, he did not possess the personality, skills or experience required to be successful. But that does not make him a bad, dishonest or morally culpable person. Moyes had the bravery to take the job and he went about his work in an honest, professional and hard working manner.

Graham Turner and Steve McClaren suffered greatly after being sacked as England manager and I found those entire witch hunts unpleasant and unseemly. Some of the commentary on this board reminds me of that I personally dont enjoy it.
I was talking about the later part. "vitriol displayed in here by some of the lesser educated, attention seeking muppets.'"

Its twattish and made me totally disregard his post seeing how much up his arse he is.

Richard Cranium

I hope so.

Hodgson is a known quantity, AVB got a player's mutinee to gain him a benefit of doubt, Moyes got nothing on his side ... except that everton story once in a blue moon

Come to think of it, there's no positive we can come out with this season... i can hardly think of one
I thought his (assuming it was him) overall team management was alright. Rooney new contract, Januzaj new contract, signed Mata, thought his press conferences were decent before everyone on here started analysis 18 different interpretations of every sentence, got Zaha out on loan, got rid of Fabio, made a decision on Vidic.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I hope so.

There are 2 positives - Moyes has gone and there's only 4 games left.

Kaos

Thanks for a job well done.....said no one ever.

Nah in all seriousness best of luck Dave, listen to advice in your next job though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

AVB took the world by surprise when he won the Portuguese league and the UEFA cup at 34 years of age. When he joined Chelsea he was taunted the next Mourinho and when he failed there many questioned whether he was too young to lead such a stressful and big club with ridiculous demands.

Hodgson has a reputation of being an experienced manager. He had managed in Switzerland, Italy, Sweden and England and has experience at club/national level. He was twice runner up in the UEFA cup and won multiple leagues in Norway and Sweden

Moyes is 50 years old and had only won the charity shield. His football is dull, he took the champions to 7th place and his blaming game wont earn him any favors. If you take SAF out of contention British managers aren't really rated outside Britain. Well they aren't exactly rated within it too ( nearly all top clubs have foreign managers).

I believe that Moyes's prospects are much worse off then AVB and slightly better then Hodgson's (whose old). Any club with ambition of going into the top 6 (irrespective if its a realistic target or not) will stay away from him. Currently the EPL is rich and its a buyer's market in terms of management (clubs like Everton and Southampton were able to attract much better managers then Moyes). To make matters worse there's alot of managers without a job (Bielsa, Hiddink, Allegri, VG and Trapattoni) or are stuck at smaller clubs (Lippi and Sven manage a Chinese side, Mancini is at Galatasaray) who are better prospects then Moyesy.

I can see him either joining a mid EPL table club with little ambition and a small budget or else he ends up managing Celtic/Scotland national team.

Care_de_Bobo

- the media was easy on him, despite poor results. In comparison they were all over AVB who was even higher in the table with Spurs
- the fans were all behind him.
I think these two points are inextricably linked. It was easier for the media to pick on AVB because of the Spurs fans' obvious disapproval at times. Getting beat 6-0 didn't help either tbf, Moyes probably would have been under far more pressure had we suffered a similar result against City or Liverpool.

The treatment of AVB was very harsh imo. He had to deal with losing his best player and having to fit 7 big money signings into the team. Most managers would struggle to cope. I think they'd still be in the hunt for CL football had he stayed on. Couldn't be any worse than Sherwood surely.

Anyway, I hope Moyes finds another job soon. Regardless of the money he'll get, this will hurt. Shame it didn't work out. Would like to have seen him given a few years, but we can't really afford that given how competitive the league is and the finacial implications of missing out on the CL for any significant amount of time. We have been pretty painful to watch at times, so I'm not exactly sad to see him go.