That Frank Lampard!

redfan

It's not the colour of your shirt that counts, it'
Bodzilla said:
I'm getting sick of this us and them shit, in reality Lampard is a good player as is Rooney but they are different in what they bring to a team. Lampard plays off other players, more of a team player Rooney is more of a free spirit, Lampard is more predictable in his play Rooney more of a Cantona type of player.

Davo

Looking Busy said:
It wuld be interesting to see how Gerrard reacts when surrounded by the quality of players that Lampard has around him every week.
Would Gerrard still look the class above. I'm not saying he wouldn't, it's just easier for Gerrard to stand out in the Liverpool side than it is for Lampard to stand out in the Chelsea side, something which he did last season.
You can discuss as many different scenario's as you like...you'll get back to the fact that Gerrard is a better player than Lampard

Unless you're a spaz

Bodzilla

Ure Banned
But you said Lampard has to have "been there and done that" before you'd rate him.

What the feck did that mean? And how far away from "been there and done that" is Rooney.

It was a spastic comment to make in the first place. They are both class players. As was Scholes, before he forgot how to play.

Davo

On current form, Scholes is as bad as any midfielder in the league.....bar Fletcher, obviously..

But that has no bearing on the fact that Gerrard is a class above fat Frank

JSV

woman-hating-mans-man(or sexist tw*t if you'd pref
Gerrard is the best midfielder in the country. His performances towards the back end of last season were some of the best i've seen for a very long time. Lampard is a good player but Gerrard's strength, running, vision, passing and shooting are all a class above.

Davo

Why is that only Chelsea fans, generally speaking, don't seem to be able to recognise just how good Gerrard is?

If they'd actually been successful in one of their attempts to sign him, no one else would come near them.......ok, not a million miles away from the current situation granted....but it would add emphasis

I'm not sure if it's annoyance at him turning them down, some sort of defence thing re the merits of Fat Frank, that they're spastics, or that they don't exist...

JSV

He's also an excellent attacking midfielder.

Bodzilla

Ure Banned
Even if you got me to somehow agree that SG was a bit better then Lampard you have got to be joking with this "class above" shite. NO way in hell is he miles ahead, not for a minute.

JSV

Bodzilla said:
Even if you got me to somehow agree that SG was a bit better then Lampard you have got to be joking with this "class above" shite. NO way in hell is he miles ahead, not for a minute.
He's better. A class above.

Bodzilla

Ure Banned
Davo said:
Why is that only Chelsea fans, generally speaking, don't seem to be able to recognise just how good Gerrard is?
Which Chelsea fans are these then? I've never said Gerrard wasn't class.

Davo

Bodzilla said:
He is

You're just not aware of it

Bodzilla

Ure Banned
Plechazunga said:
In other words, you admit he's better than Lampard

Who's on drugs, as everyone secretly knows
I don't think he's better then Frank. He has more natural ability then Frank, that much is obvious. But then again so does Joe Cole. Doesn't make him a better player.

Consistency seems to be lost on people here. Gerrard shows up half the time, Frank shows up all the time(generally speaking, as everybody has off days and small drops in form).

What good is having great tools if you don't use them all the time?

Davo

Bodzilla said:
Which Chelsea fans are these then? I've never said Gerrard wasn't class.
You're not totally convinced that he's a class above Fat Frank....which is a severe case of under-rating the clenched fist headed superstar...

and you're the only half decent Chelsea fan in the world

The rest think that Joe Cole's better....I think

Davo

Bodzilla said:
I don't think he's better then Frank. He has more natural ability then Frank, that much is obvious. But then again so does Joe Cole. Doesn't make him a better player.

Consistency seems to be lost on people here. Gerrard shows up half the time, Frank shows up all the time(generally speaking, as everybody has off days and small drops in form).

What good is having great tools if you don't use them all the time?
Gerrard suffers from Henry syndrome....I'm sure I've explained this before...

When he's not superb, he get's a bit of stick......even when he's much better than other cnuts...

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
"Eh, listen though, I'll tell ye wha', I bloody luv Stevie Gee, I bloody luv you Stevie Gee, bu' Stevie Gee, if yer lissnin Stevie Gee, I tell yer this Stevie Gee, I wourrn't loocha you tomorra if I chhhrossed yer on the street Stevie Gee, I wourrn't, orrif, orrif I saw yer in the laundrette, an y'know why, Stevie Gee, y'know why, isschhhos, isschhhoz yer've betrayed us Stevie Gee, irris, you 'ave, irris, I'm sorriburrirris, bechhhoz, Stevie Gee, aryalissnin Stevie Gee, Stevie Gee, you courr've been a legend Stevie Gee, you courravbina Liverpule legend, Stevie, Stevie Gee, burr, burr....STEEEEEEEEEEVIEGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Bodzilla said:
Didn't you know that everybody in Liverpool squad is considered by scouse fans a 'class above'?
For example:
Joaquin is a very good winger.
But Kewell is a 'class above'.

Davo

I don't like the term Stevie G....it's gay

When King Gerrard, unfortunaltely, scored an og against the rentboys in the Carling Cup final, some Chelsea cnut in the pub looked all Joe Colelike and kept shouting

"STEVIE GEEEEE....STEVIE GEE"

I still maintain had I smacked him one I would have been in the right....

Mind you, we knocked them out of the CL...old Jose still has moodswings about that

Davo

antihenry said:
Didn't you know that everybody in Liverpool squad is considered by scouse fans a 'class above'?
For example:
Joaquin is a very good winger.
But Kewell is a 'class above'.
That's just a throwaway stupid comment, by a gimp

Bodzilla

Ure Banned
SG doesn't seem up for it when playing his mates. Or so I have been told by other Pool supporters.

What is your view on this? Yay or nay?

The only real evidence I can share is when he plays CFC, and he doesn't run riot against us, that is for sure. But then I never pay attention that much when he plays his other England collegues. My guess is that it is a shite excuse, and probobly doesn't hold very much merit.

Davo

of course it's rubbish

It's generally harder against better teams.....something that's not exactly alien for all players

But it's that Henry syndrome

Plechazunga

Frank Lampard's on drugs...why does no-one ever pay attention to me when I assert this

He runs all day, almost never misses a match or gets injured, and has the blank, dead eyes of a butchered sheep

Su'aNandwolown

Bodzilla

Ure Banned
He's obviously on drugs. BUt the blank dead eyes is just his trademark, like SG's refusal to crack even a remote smile, let alone laugh. And like Rooney penchant for looking like Shrek.

Bodzilla

Ure Banned
Rooney isn't human. I have never seen an uglier person that actually owned a home.

Let alone a mansion. Explains why he's into grannies though.

Davo

I used to know someone who played youth team stuff with Fat Frank...or summat

Always said he was shite, would never make it....leaving West Ham was his downfall. Bet he's feckin fuming now..

Anyway, I digress, carry on

JSV

Gerrard alongside someone more defensively minded, or a defensive midfielder. I'd look at putting Parker in there after he's had a few more games but King showed last night he's got potential there. Whatever you may say Plech, Gerrard and Lampard shouldn't be played together in a standard 442.

Davo

Even though The Idiot's clearly an idiot, I can kind of see where he's coming from. Gerrard and Lampard are by far the best 2 CM's he has (Gerrard being far the better of the 2, Bod)....so he's simply picking them in the hope that they'll suddenly click

He's quite stubborn with this policy mind....

JSV

I bet he'll end up playing the 'diamond' to accommodate them both, meaning he'll drop SWP and take away the best outlet on the wing England have had for a while.

Davo

With a bit of luck, someone will volunteer a formation of how they'd pick the England side in a minute...

It will basically be a new system built around dropping Joe Cole

Plechazunga

Davo said:
Even though The Idiot's clearly an idiot, I can kind of see where he's coming from. Gerrard and Lampard are by far the best 2 CM's he has (Gerrard being far the better of the 2, Bod)....so he's simply picking them in the hope that they'll suddenly click

He's quite stubborn with this policy mind....
I was arguing about this with Slab and Van last night, in another fabulous evening here on the internet

Can't see any real reason for it not to work...they're both class (especially Gerrard)...they should be able to co-ordinate their fecking runs...and Gerrard could be told to play a bit more defensively

Gets on my nerves that everyone these days insists you can't play without basically an extra defender, sitting in front of the defense, being tedious.

I blame that greasy non-existent dego

Davo

The thing is, Gerrard has played the "more defensive of 2 CM's" role (which is different to the Makelele "I'm standing by the defence and not moving" role which everyone raves about thesedays)...on many occasions, and whilst it does limit him, he's still been ace...

Therefore, Lampard (who isn't as good as Gerrard) is clearly at fault......the fat twat