That Frank Lampard!

Dubai_Devil

Very good player, a bit overrated, not as good as Scholes in his pomp, not as good as Gerrard, no shame in that, still a good player.

Stamford Bridge

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already mad
I don't rate Gerrard very highly.

I rate Scholes (in his prime) highly, but back then he was playing in easily one of the top 5 teams in Europe. Now that United are no longer the force they once were many of his inadequacies have surfaced I believe.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Stamford Bridge said:
"Overrated cnut"
"Not good enough for England"
"not as good as Scholes"

:lol:
Yer havin' a laugh now aren't you Dave?
Are you judging after one game again?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
A good player - not great.
Not as good as Gerrard.Better than Scholes was for England,though Scholes is better for United than Fat Frank is for *****.

marcus agrippa

Stamford Bridge said:

I rate Scholes (in his prime) highly, but back then he was playing in easily one of the top 5 teams in Europe. Now that United are no longer the force they once were many of his inadequacies have surfaced I believe.
...or isn't it possible that he's lost his form? - i mean, that does happen to players, especially after a while....

as usual, your 'logic' is impeccable...

Dubai_Devil

Stamford Bridge said:

I think Gerrard is a great player who has carried a mediocre team for years, even to the CL trophy.

The difference between the two players is that when Scholes was playing, he didnt have the protection that Lampard has of a Makalele and Essien, which allows him to do what he does best, get into the box.

I dont think its the fact that United are not as strong as we were, its just that Scholes is out of form and getting on a bit now.

Stamford Bridge

marcus agrippa said:
...or isn't it possible that he's lost his form? - i mean, that does happen to players, especially after a while....
If he plays badly for a couple of weeks or a couple of months, then yes, it could be possible he's lost his form.

If he's been playing well below par for longer than two years, I'm afraid you'll have to accept that it's permanent.

Stamford Bridge

Dubai_Devil said:
I think Gerrard is a great player who has carried a mediocre team for years, even to the CL trophy.
I think Gerrard is an above average player who looks good in a very average team.

Dubai_Devil said:
The difference between the two players is that when Scholes was playing, he didnt have the protection that Lampard has of a Makalele and Essien, which allows him to do what he does best, get into the box.
He now has Keane, who according to those on here is better than Makalele. He's also got Fletcher.

Dubai_Devil said:
I dont think its the fact that United are not as strong as we were, its just that Scholes is out of form and getting on a bit now.
Maybe. But if he's out of form why hasn't Ferguson bought a replacement?

marcus agrippa

Stamford Bridge said:
If he plays badly for a couple of weeks or a couple of months, then yes, it could be possible he's lost his form.

If he's been playing well below par for longer than two years, I'm afraid you'll have to accept that it's permanent.
let's see...

in the Treble year, Scholes buried a chance in the San Siro that effectively took us to the semis against Juve....

last year against Milan, he had a similar chance at OT and blasted it wide...the similarity was so uncanny that it could almost be a replica (well, except the teams were from different sides of Milan and the venues were switched)....

that to me shows a loss of form....if it were the case he has "glaring deficiencies in his game" (as you put it), he would have buried both chances since they were part of his game that according to you remained unchanged...

you see what i keep telling you about your scintillating feats of 'logic'?

marcus agrippa

Stamford Bridge said:
Maybe. But if he's out of form why hasn't Ferguson bought a replacement?
were do you come up with such reasoning...?

FFS we've even been playing a different formation this season and last. and i'm one of those who thinks this has been a significant reason for Scholes' 'decline'...

to answer your non-sequitur: probably Fergie's satisfied with the new role for Scholes; he's said so himself just yesterday on M.E.N.: he wants a 4 3 3 with the attackers the 3 R's....

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Another SB masterclass..

But fat Frank is better than Gerrard.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's a good player no denying great goalscorer but he's just a player on the wage bill isn't he? This is the standard now, he drops watch people have a go. Scholes had that for 10+ years. Lampards only come on this past year and a half/2 years and he's what 26? Maybe lampard has done his country an injustice by being fat and lazy in his early twenties? Putting no pressure on scholes, or maybe scholes was just that much better.... ;)

Stamford Bridge

marcus agrippa said:
let's see...

in the Treble year, Scholes buried a chance in the San Siro that effectively took us to the semis against Juve....

last year against Milan, he had a similar chance at OT and blasted it wide...the similarity was so uncanny that it could almost be a replica (well, except the teams were from different sides of Milan and the venues were switched)....

that to me shows a loss of form....if it were the case he has "glaring deficiencies in his game" (as you put it), he would have buried both chances since they were part of his game that according to you remained unchanged...

you see what i keep telling you about your scintillating feats of 'logic'?
In case your sense of time has gone the same place as your knowledge of football, the difference between your treble season and last season was five (almost six) long years.

He scored one chance then missed an exact same chance five years later = he's out of form? Wow, that way Michael Owen must go in and out of form about 3 times every single game.

And you have the nerve to criticize my logic. :rolleyes:

How 4-3-3 has glaringly exposed Scholes' weaknesses is that he no longer can rely on Keane to do all the dirty work behind him, as Keane is getting on a bit. Playing as a midfielder rather than in the "hole" shows how poor he is defensively, even if he is a very decent player in an attacking build-up.

Fletcher is a very average player, but he is playing simply because Scholes lacks ball-winning and tackling ability of any kind.

Stamford Bridge

marcus agrippa said:
FFS we've even been playing a different formation this season and last. and i'm one of those who thinks this has been a significant reason for Scholes' 'decline'...
Oh wow, I've only just noticed Man United play a 4-3-3/4-5-1. :rolleyes:

You're agreeing with my point you knobend, playing in midfield exposes Scholes' weaknesses, therefore his impact on games has lessened, therefore he hasn't suddenly become shite because of a lack of form, he's shite because he isn't suited to play in the position he is in now.

Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
Stamford Bridge said:
"Overrated cnut"
"Not good enough for England"
"not as good as Scholes"

:lol:
Yer havin' a laugh now aren't you Dave?
Great player.

Not many can do what he did against Brazil in the last match and also the way he ripped apart Argentina with a superb penalty in the previous match. Like the English media unearthed the massive hidden potential in Joe Cole some time back... the latest misfit on the left.

Speaking of left wingers and midfielders, I can think of Giggs and Scholes.Lampard and Joe Cole :houllier:

vijay said:
Great player.

Not many can do what he did against Brazil in the last match and also the way he ripped apart Argentina with a superb penalty in the previous match. Like the English media unearthed the massive hidden potential in Joe Cole some time back... the latest misfit on the left.

Speaking of left wingers and midfielders, I can think of Giggs and Scholes.Lampard and Joe Cole :houllier:
:confused:

BezsMaracas

Professor Percival Egg said:
i'll second that and raise you a :houllier:

Lampard played well last night, I still think he's overrated, but thats just the cockerney media for you. It shows what a difference it makes when you have someone doing the leg work in midfield as King was last night. It may have only been Poland at home but we did look like we wanted to score goals, which England haven't done for some time. No doubt we'll be back to the drab Gerrard - Lampard partnership in time for the next game though.

Warrington

In need of a new contact after Carra let me down.
Lampard better than Gerrard! LOL What a sad cnut you are SB. Lampard gets out of jail with his goals, otherwise he is never as good as some people think. Put Lampard in the Liverpool team and he would do feck all as he doesn't have brilliant players next to him. Put Gerrard in for England with a holding player behind him and then see the difference.

TR

Feels utterly betrayed
Stamford Bridge said:
I think Gerrard is an above average player who looks good in a very average team.
Warrington said:
Put Lampard in the Liverpool team and he would do feck all as he doesn't have brilliant players next to him.
Here they are again: the two contradictory theories that crop up all the time, and I'm pretty sure people swap sides depending on whom their discussing.

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Not rating Gerrard very highly and using one match, or one goal would be more like it to argue against a player beeing overrated, not good enough for England and not as good as Scholes is gay

Slabber

Gerrard doen't play well for England very often. He's admitted it himself. It may be because he rarely gets to play in his proper position alongside a defensive midfielder, like Lampard got last night, but Fat Frank is in the driving seat.

Stamford Bridge

Warrington said:
Lampard better than Gerrard! LOL What a sad cnut you are SB. Lampard gets out of jail with his goals, otherwise he is never as good as some people think. Put Lampard in the Liverpool team and he would do feck all as he doesn't have brilliant players next to him. Put Gerrard in for England with a holding player behind him and then see the difference.
Face it Warrington.

Gerrard gets the "brilliant" tag from a handful (and by that I mean a handful) of inspirational performances over a 38 game season, whereas Lampard consistently contributes goals and assists.

I don't knock players for fun, I do want to say Gerrard is a great player, but no one, Liverpool fan or no, can really stand up and say Gerrard is a consistent player - because even the most hare-brained football fan knows he isn't.

How many good games did "better than Lampard" Gerrard have last season? You can count them on your fingers.

Take off your red-tinted glasses you sad cnut.

Stamford Bridge

wancolos said:
Not rating Gerrard very highly and using one match, or one goal would be more like it to argue against a player beeing overrated, not good enough for England and not as good as Scholes is gay
Look up Lampard's goalscoring rate for England you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. :houllier:

Not rating Gerrard very highly is based over his performances throughout several seasons. I ask again, how many brilliant performances did Gerrard have last season?

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
Stamford Bridge said:
Oh wow, I've only just noticed Man United play a 4-3-3/4-5-1. :rolleyes:

You're agreeing with my point you knobend, playing in midfield exposes Scholes' weaknesses, therefore his impact on games has lessened, therefore he hasn't suddenly become shite because of a lack of form, he's shite because he isn't suited to play in the position he is in now.

Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.
Why cant you make your points without name calling?

It's usually a sign of insecurity or knowing you're wrong...

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Stamford Bridge said:
Look up Lampard's goalscoring rate for England you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. :houllier:

Not rating Gerrard very highly is based over his performances throughout several seasons. I ask again, how many brilliant performances did Gerrard have last season?
I can't be arsed to do that but I'm sure that you are.

Gerrard is a very good player, better then Lampard in my and many others opinion.

And you would never have made this thread if Lampard didn't score yesterday hence basing it on that match

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
Stamford Bridge said:
Face it Warrington.

Gerrard gets the "brilliant" tag from a handful (and by that I mean a handful) of inspirational performances over a 38 game season, whereas Lampard consistently contributes goals and assists.

I don't knock players for fun, I do want to say Gerrard is a great player, but no one, Liverpool fan or no, can really stand up and say Gerrard is a consistent player - because even the most hare-brained football fan knows he isn't.

How many good games did "better than Lampard" Gerrard have last season? You can count them on your fingers.

Take off your red-tinted glasses you sad cnut.
:lol: Coming from the bloke who sees about 2 games a year....

(Not even Liverpool ones)...