That post match interview with our manager

I’m just curious, how many think Jose is still the right man to lead the club forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

buckooo1978

It's easy for Pep to be magnanimous in defeat because he's running away with the league.

Klopp certainly does not take full responsibility. He's blamed everything from the linesman to the dryness of the pitch.
yes but Klopp doesn't blame his players which is the key point here

Klopp doesn't ostracize players in his own squad and the way he defended Louvren after that mistake vrs Roma speaks volumes

aditya826

The club must ban Mourinho from post-match press conferences. These comments are shameful especially just few minutes after the match, and only undermining the little support he may have within the fans.

Hawks2008

Are people surprised?? He is only the manager of our club for the sake of his own ego, so that he can be the one who "fixed" us. He cares nothing about this club but for how far we can build his legacy. He isn't a leader and more than that he isn't one of us.

Hammerfell

The club must ban Mourinho from post-match press conferences. These comments are shameful especially just few minutes after the match, and only undermining the little support he may have within the fans.
:lol: cracking stuff.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
However you look at it, his man management skill is terrible. In today's business, he'd get fired. Unless you are Donald Trump, who only run a nation.

GiddyUp

Like that. The motivation is to finish 2nd but even throwing them under the bus won't stop them from think about their beach holidays. What we def know is most won't be going to the World Cup anyway lol.....
Also to lay down a maker for next season. Unless we have already won the league we have always put in a strong finish to the season. Yesterday turned me totally off those three attacking players, Martial, Rashford and Mata. I think Rashford should be given the opportunity to grow in to this team but Martial and Mata would be no loss at this point.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
This forum - "Our players are shite."
Mourinho - "Our players are shite."
This forum - "Wanker. How dare he say our players are shite."

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Pep : If we win it's because of the players. If we lose I'm 100% responsible

Klopp: I take the full responsibility for this loss. It was an average day for us.

But Mourinho after losing goes from players to referees to anyone but himself. To this day I have never seen him take any responsibility for a defeat. I do not understand why he likes to separate himself from failure. Infact if players aren't responding to you and on numerous occasions he's told us they do things he told them not to do then it just highlights your failings as a manager. Against Spurs in January he said he'd worked on nullifying the long ball to Kane. Within 10 seconds they scored. Against Brighton he told us he'd worked with the players on faster build up etc. But again we don't see that. He picks the team, chooses the tactics, sets out the game plan. If it's not being carried out and not once not twice but pretty much every few games then I'm sorry but manager is at fault.
Very predictable. Selective quoting to make Klopp and Guardiola look like saints. Guardiola said his player were shite when they lost in the CL. Klopp has on multiple occassions commented on mistakes by his players (usually Lovren).

When you have to reference other managers then you are chatting bollocks. What a manager says can be criticized on its own merit.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Good manager would turn these 'shite' players into winners. Otherwise, wtf he's there managing.

Liverpool has the shitest midfield among the 'big' clubs in the world, and average defence, with further average Gk. But they are now in their 2nd Finals in European competitions they are in. And that's after selling one of their best attacker/player.

Last edited:

Litch

Also to lay down a maker for next season. Unless we have already won the league we have always put in a strong finish to the season. Yesterday turned me totally off those three attacking players, Martial, Rashford and Mata. I think Rashford should be given the opportunity to grow in to this team but Martial and Mata would be no loss at this point.
I think Martial is a complex individual. To get a tune out of him, the stars have to be aligned. It's like if someone leaves their car in his parking space, his weeks ruined.....

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
This shower doesn't deserve the "arm around the shoulder."

Outright abuse is all they should get after that pitiful, couldn't-give-a-shit performance last night.

Feck 'em.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Just listened to the interview on sky sports and I cannot believe what Mourinho said regarding his own players.

You cannot go out in public and slag your players off like that. He just used his own players to give himself some slack and prove to everyone how right he is.

Then at the end he says we should be more than satisfied if we finish second. The only thing that was lacking in that comment was ” with these shit players I’ve got to work with”

Thought he’d gone too far in an earlier interview when he was in need of boosting his ego, mentioning previous defeats he had inflicted on the club, when he was manager elsewhere..

Certainly no one out there can justify a manager for Manchester Utd, representing our club, going out in the media with those comments? Views on this please!
It isn't the first time he has done it and it certainly won't be the last. Different managers have different styles. Not watched Mourinho interviews from when he was abroad but during his last half season in the second spell at Chelsea and here he's not been afraid to lambast the players in public.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The turning point for me on Jose. An absolutely terrible way to dig out players. As others have said we lost to West Brom two weeks ago without Rashford and Martial. Lukaku went two months playing terribly and not scoring. To expect two young kids to come in for one game and perform then slate them when they don't for me is unforgivable.

I'd have to question, would Mourinho have developed a young Cristiano Ronaldo from a raw kid who made bad decisions and overplayed into the player saf developed him into ? Or would he have thrown him under the bus and got rid.

Reactions: Fortitude

OldSchoolManc

Mourinho was 100% right to criticise those players, would fans have preferred him to lie and say that they played well?! They couldn’t even do the basics. Yet again, the ‘talented’ players over complicated things with the ball and lost it time after frustrating time, when the simple pass was the obvious choice.
If Jose had come out and said the players did well and it was his fault, I’d be thinking that he’d lost the plot. Overpaid, lazy Prima-donnas.

SirAF

Ageist
Just curious. How long does he get? Not the OP. What would be progress next season?
How long does he get? You say that like Mourinho is under fire. United will finish second for the first time post-Ferguson, how is that not progress from the last few seasons?

Further progress next season would obviously be to be involved in a title race.

IrishRedDevil

I will defend him to the death, and I currently am doing with my friends, but he should not criticise his own players in public.

He needs to realise the definition of a team - win together and lose together.

Castia

Pretty true but he’s the one who’s signed half of those shite players.

Swift Football

One of his usual post match comments when we were clearly struggling against weaker sides for a whole half or 30 mins, he will say something like - 'We had total control without the ball in the first half'. Saying that when we were playing City/Chelsea, thats okay (considering he is trying to show we are comfortable playing without the ball) but when we are playing West ham or Everton I dont want to hear such a lie. We dint have the control, we could not win the ball back, thats the reality.

More than throwing the players under the bus, I am more gutted on his Sevilla post match comments. He practically said - 'I feckd United with POrto and Madrid. United is just a pile of Sh8t in Europe'. Made me mad.

GiddyUp

I think Martial is a complex individual. To get a tune out of him, the stars have to be aligned. It's like if someone leaves their car in his parking space, his weeks ruined.....
Haha, sums him up nicely. I genuinely want every United player to stay and play well but if you can't get the job done like last night you shouldn't be p,aging for this club.

PaulScholes99

Klopp: I take the full responsibility for this loss. It was an average day for us.
Wtf? I don't get it how so much people are that wrong about Klopp. This guy is a master of excuses, exactly like Mourinho.

"Dry too pitch"; "referee..."; "opponent played unfair" ...

Open your eyes, Klopp isn't the person you are describing.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The turning point for me on Jose. An absolutely terrible way to dig out players. As others have said we lost to West Brom two weeks ago without Rashford and Martial. Lukaku went two months playing terribly and not scoring. To expect two young kids to come in for one game and perform then slate them when they don't for me is unforgivable.

I'd have to question, would Mourinho have developed a young Cristiano Ronaldo from a raw kid who made bad decisions and overplayed into the player saf developed him into ? Or would he have thrown him under the bus and got rid.
This absolutely.

Alabaster Codify7

I'm indifferent to Jose really, not an avid fan but not a huge critic. I have to say though, bus-throwing isn't something that ever bothers me with a manager to be honest. It doesn't rile me up in the slightest. Rashford and Martial have both been very below-par for the majority of the season, with a few awesome performances sprinkled in here and there. Lukaku has contributed twice as much as either of them both in terms of goals and commitment/attitude.

Was there any need for Jose to say this? No. But it doesn't bother me that he did, I've been thinking the same about that pair for much of the season. Same goes for Luke Shaw, who's been a complete waste of space all season.

AndyJ1985

Jose might be a bellend, and I wouldn't give a shit if he was sacked. But he isn't wrong in what he says. Certain players in our squad deserve to be "thrown under the bus" and I don't understand why United fans are so desperate to defend under-performing players. Jose is a manager, not a miracle worker. If the players aren't listening to him then he has every right to call them out on their performances. Why should these people get a free ride at our club?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A bigger question. Would he dare to use the Class of '92 as the backbone of his team?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
One of his usual post match comments when we were clearly struggling against weaker sides for a whole half or 30 mins, he will say something like - 'We had total control without the ball in the first half'. Saying that when we were playing City/Chelsea, thats okay (considering he is trying to show we are comfortable playing without the ball) but when we are playing West ham or Everton I dont want to hear such a lie. We dint have the control, we could not win the ball back, thats the reality.

More than throwing the players under the bus, I am more gutted on his Sevilla post match comments. He practically said - 'I feckd United with POrto and Madrid. United is just a pile of Sh8t in Europe'. Made me mad.
Yep for me too. That was the end of him for me. Surprised he's gotten away with those comments.

SirAF

Ageist
Jose might be a bellend, and I wouldn't give a shit if he was sacked. But he isn't wrong in what he says. Certain players in our squad deserve to be "thrown under the bus" and I don't understand why United fans are so desperate to defend under-performing players. Jose is a manager, not a miracle worker. If the players aren't listening to him then he has every right to call them out on their performances. Why should these people get a free ride at our club?
Exactly. The standards have been slipping ever since Ferguson left. If the players aren’t up for it then feck them.

The good thing is that Mourinho now know where the players are at, and he’ll most likely clear out those who aren’t up for it in the summer

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hmm.. is that how you are managing your subordinates/co-workers at work? Thrashing them in worldwide public every time you think they don't perform?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mourinho was 100% right to criticise those players, would fans have preferred him to lie and say that they played well?! They couldn’t even do the basics. Yet again, the ‘talented’ players over complicated things with the ball and lost it time after frustrating time, when the simple pass was the obvious choice.
If Jose had come out and said the players did well and it was his fault, I’d be thinking that he’d lost the plot. Overpaid, lazy Prima-donnas.
So he has to do the same with the likes of Matic, who played last night and was terrible and Lukaku who everyone has mentioned played against WBA and was useless. He cannot pick and chose who he wants to throw under the proverbial bus. It has to be the same for everyone and it isn't. He has his pets.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
That fact gets lost on a lot of people here. Players left from SAF have failed miserably to instill that mentality and Mourinho is trying everything possible to reignite it with no joy. Fellaini is a player of limited ability but a valuable squad member and is good for a few points every season and Mata is just too fecking nice, easily the most frustrating player for me yesterday. The Van Gaal signings have offered nothing only false hope and a slow/ lazy style that is frustrating. Slow play is ingrained in this squad because of these two years. Mourinhos signings are closer to what we need here and we have had two pretty decent seasons during an essential rebuild of the club. His teams are successful when the squad gives everything but unfortunately he has failed to moulding a cohesive unit. We currently play as individuals highlighted by missed runs or the unwillingness to create something in attack. Frustrating couple of years but not disappointing, we will get it right.
True

I'm not even trying to defend Jose as he has his own faults..

But very few of these players give me much hope that they will fight under a different manager.

I remember Van Gaal's last season here on boxing day and the game against Stoke. The players showed that day that they had downed tools. Shambolic performances.

Turkleton

Protect in public, criticise in private. Public criticism is only going to damage their already low confidence.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
How long does he get? You say that like Mourinho is under fire. United will finish second for the first time post-Ferguson, how is that not progress from the last few seasons?

Further progress next season would obviously be to be involved in a title race.
Just asking. He is under fire by the way from all quarters for the football we play. So until he overhauls City it will continue. We are always going to be compared to them and them to us.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
At United everyone should be here with one goal and one goal only and that is to win!

Yesterday some players showed again that they're just not that good or even worse not interested in putting in the hard work. Take Martial for example, what does he actually do on the field except getting cornered and losing out on the ball? He's done nothing of note for months now, just collecting his undeserved paycheck. Media and some fans want to see even more of him, so i'd be furious too.

We've already secured Champions-League football for next season and will most likely win the FA Cup, so it's not all dark and gloomy.

Mourinho has to get the fullback situation right and we definitely need better midfielders, but he's already got us a top striker, a top winger and two top midfielders, so i'm hopeful he can sort it out. Of course the man made mistakes, but his post match interview wasn't unfair, IMO.