That post match interview with our manager

I’m just curious, how many think Jose is still the right man to lead the club forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MooseTheMooche

it's been the oddest season I can remember in my 40 years

on the face of it we've amassed a great points today. The standard of football is better than under Van Gaal and all those wins in the big games since Christmas show we are a force to be reckoned with on our day. We are back in the top 2 and it's the best finish since Fergie with a cup to be won, after winning 2 last season. He's spend a lot but we've a talented squad.

when you dig deeper though we are still over reliant on De Gea. We only play well for spells in games and we've very very rarely played well for more than 45 mins in games with our dicky tactics and selections. The stench of Mourinho is overwhelming for me. It really is. Every good thing we've done like our great start to the league or good results end up having a sour taste due to his cowardly tactics or him attacking our players. I'm sick to the back teeth of his vindictiveness in ripping into players like Martial, Rashford and Pogba, whilst he heaps praise on players who follow his line. He's outright nasty to some at times but he seems to be passive aggressive and sarcastic, taking sly digs at his own players constantly.

His attitude stinks and 99% of the time takes no responsibility. Even the one time he took the blame against Sevilla,at home, he was so over the top in an attempt to act like he was protecting the players - it was his pathetic negative attitude and startibg Fellaini over Pogba which cost us.

Rashford and Martial play under incredible pressure for kids. Martial in particular was in great form when he was dumped for Alexis. Jose justifies their exclusion by questioning therir ability - great management there- whilst others like Lukaku, Sanchez or Matic were able to have long spells of poor form. Now they get 45 mins and if they don't hit the ground running despite their rustiness they are slammed.

Our collective poor performances against Brighton, West Brom, Huddersfield, Sevilla and a few other others indicate that something isn't right in the team as a whole. It's clearly something to do with coaching and motivation when all the players play poorly. Does Mourinho take any responsibility? no chance- he cries for more money to replace players. In a years time I seriously doubt Rashford, Martial or Pogba will be anywhere near the club. We get excited about the prospect of new players but there is certainly no guarantee they will do well under a manager like Mourinho.

I go back to the term stench when it comes to Mourinho. His attitude and the stuff he says stinks and there is a cloud of negativity surrounding the club I feel. It constantly feels like we are a couple of results from a crisis because of the way he plays and conducts himself.

Personally I worry for us and I look forward to Jose pissing off. I remember the 80s when we hoped for a cup run and a c couple of scalps at times before anyone calls me spoilt. We're second, we've a chance of a cup, we've beaten City in great fashion, smashed the Scousers for 45 and had some other great results.

In all honesty though, how many of you have actually enjoyed this season apart from some moments. I know I haven't.

Rant over
Spot on. We have a talented team that is capable of playing some nice fluid, attacking football, yet most of the times we resort to some weird form of hoofball usually associated with relegation fodder. I don't think that the addition of two fullbacks and one center-mid will change our "style" dramatically, it is just wishful thinking.

reddaz71

Imagine if Redcafe existed in 1989, poor Fergie would be hounded out from all sides,ah well,the fickle fans eh just want fantasy football all day everyday,every week,every month and every year forever and ever,experts the lot of em....

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Anyone got his post match interview from tonight? Turned it off as soon as the whistle went so missed his comments.

reddaz71

Mourinho is a very cunning human being, to understand him you need not to see things from face value. Dig deeper and you will unmask a man who has coached the elite won, fail and still managing one of the biggest clubs in world football.

Mourinho biggest trait he sees the problem and he either sorts it out or he blames other and ducks through the next door.

Mourinho of Chelsea and Madrid was a man on the edge, a man knowing he won't last long and success needs to be immediate. A man who laid platform for those clubs to be where they are now.

A man who knows how to sign players but also falls out with the same players when he deems they do not give 100%.
Mourinho Chelsea and Mourinho Madrid and Mourinho Inter signed players like Drogba, Cech, Essien, Ashley Cole, Robben, Calvalho the base of the 2005 team
Inter he signed Etoo, Milito, Sneijder, Motta, Lucio the base of 2010 winning team.
In Madrid he signed Ozil, Di Maria, Modric, Varane, Khedira.
In 2nd Chelsea he signed Diego Costa, Willian, Fabregas, Matic, Pedro, even Salah. Players we can lay claim were vital for Chelsea 2 titles in 3 years. What a coincidence Conte sold Matic and Costa and he has failed to achieve champions league berth. In United Mourinho has achieved to sign Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Sanchez, Ibra. All those players are high caliber players, players integral to the functioning of a Mourinho team. Yes he has signed not so good players yes he has sold players who went and became good players but mourinho has a knack of signing very high caliber players.

Mourinho now in Manchester he knows he has a backing of a board and the match going fans he knows United are very patient if they see progress, essentially from the hole we were in since Fergie left. He knows he his not on the edge anymore, he is not looking behind his shoulders to see if the board are meeting to discuss his status thus Mourinho has not exploded now.

My faith for Mourinho increased the day he was interviewed, i think a month ago or so, he said i have won league titles and lost them, i know how to win them and i know how i lost them and i know how i lost this title (2018) to me that was the deal.
If any one can check my previous posts i remember very well i said we are going to win the league if we sign Perisic, yes we are 16 points behind but imagine if Sanchez was here since the start of the season. Its not a coincidence that we beat all the top 5 teams since the turn of the year bar the Spur away league game. Mourinho is turn on the screw now the concern is to finish of the lower caliber teams.

You can beat city coming from behind then lose to Westbrom. You can't beat Liverpool then lose to Sevilla 3 days later.
To me Mourinho is the only man to take us forward my trust in him is 100% he will deliver now. He knows he did mistakes in team selection now we are seeing 433 in major games.

Trust him, only him can overturn Pep and make Pep go for a sabbatical leave. United we are.
Excellent post,well said.

Someone

Something
Anyone who worked as a manager or studied management in any field, will know that criticizing someone in public is extremely poor management. You instantly lose the respect of your employee, and without respect you'll never be able to motivate or inspire. Go criticize the players in private and back them in public, the players will respect you for it and will appreciate the support.

Fergie was great in that regard, we knew he was ruthless with the players, but in public he always maintained he had a great team.

Mourinho clearly is a manager who inspires devotion from the players initially, but loses their respect over time. Once you lose the dressing room, it really doesn't matter who you sign or what tactics you use.

The United

Anyone who worked as a manager or studied management in any field, will know that criticizing someone in public is extremely poor management. You instantly lose the respect of your employee, and without respect you'll never be able to motivate or inspire. Go criticize the players in private and back them in public, the players will respect you for it and will appreciate the support.

Fergie was great in that regard, we knew he was ruthless with the players, but in public he always maintained he had a great team.

Mourinho clearly is a manager who inspires devotion from the players initially, but loses their respect over time. Once you lose the dressing room, it really doesn't matter who you sign or what tactics you use.
Just wait till someone pulled off two or three similar comments made by Fergie like that in 30 years to excuse/defend Jose's every other week BS.

And it is not unproven that Jose lost his dress room for 2 teams by doing what he is doing at OT. Anyone who is not concerned by that must truly believe in him. Hope he repays.

MJJ

"Now you know why I never play these 2 trash players." - Mou
*Lukaku is injured
"Wait, you didn't really believe I called you two trash did I? Please perform in the finals for me." - Mou

I hope people that backed Jose commenting on Rashford and Martial now realize how dumb it was to make those comments. Mou essentially called them trash and then once Lukaku was not fit enough to start, Mou is then asking both Rashford and Martial to be beaming with confidence. Just awful man management.
Exact-fecking-ly.

Where are all the geniuses who were defending him in this thread now.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Does it not also work the other way too,
"Rashford and Martial, you guys are trash"
Plays them in the final
"I'm gonna show that Jose that I'm not trash"

But it's clear that Rashford has regressed, he's not improved at all, and he's been given plenty of chances,

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Plays them in the final

But it's clear that Rashford has regressed, he's not improved at all, and he's been given plenty of chances,
Sad but true. All of your post.

Jose set this up perfectly for Rashford to stick 2 fingers up. He's starting to look like the typical prodigal teenager. Pace and no fear. But now it's time for more....

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Plays them in the final

No it’s not that clear.

Ya see Mourinho made comments. These comments have not resulted in an improvement in our players. They’ve gone backwards. That shows that Mourinho has misjudged the players personality.

Ekeke

Plays them in the final

Doesnt motivate all players to doubt them. For some it will work though, just it'll never be to your credit. It'll be to the player's credit and when they come good and have offers from elsewhere they might remember it too.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The two posts above are correct, reverse Psychology or whatever you want to call it doesn't work for everyone, but do you think Jose has tried other ways of motivation for these players?
If these players cannot gain the motivation to perform on the biggest stage then they shouldn't be at United,
I find it hard to believe that Jose hasn't tried to improve these players in other ways, the simple fact is they haven't performed consistently, so he tried a different tactic And it still hasn't worked.
Three and out for me.

Kazi

Exact-fecking-ly.

Where are all the geniuses who were defending him in this thread now.
Tbf, exact-fecking-ly doesn’t exactly slip off the tongue. E-fecking-xactly would have been better imo.

Joseunited

The two posts above are correct, reverse Psychology or whatever you want to call it doesn't work for everyone, but do you think Jose has tried other ways of motivation for these players?
If these players cannot gain the motivation to perform on the biggest stage then they shouldn't be at United,
I find it hard to believe that Jose hasn't tried to improve these players in other ways, the simple fact is they haven't performed consistently, so he tried a different tactic And it still hasn't worked.
Three and out for me.
He's going nowhere.That's the bottom line, the board love him and will back him in the transfer window to get us closer to City.