That post match interview with our manager

I’m just curious, how many think Jose is still the right man to lead the club forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
If your past 4 seasons for a club as big as Manchester United have ended in 7th, 4th, 5th & 6th... I struggle personally to see that you’re in any position to start turning on a manager that has an amazing track record now has you in 2nd.

But that aint the point, I mean, John stones might very well be annoyed with Guardiola right now, but he’d be an absolute bellend for not listening to the manager and trying to improve.
How many players who played under Moyes are still playing?

How many players have Jose signed? Not sure why you are lumping everyone together, I have already given you what these players have achieved, it's not like we have bunch of farmers playing.

Not sure who are these players who are not listening to the manager, players can listen and still can turn against manager. It's not something that's impossible. When coach criticises players in press everytime we lose the game then it's not even surprising if they say "enough is enough with this coach".

Not sure who are these players who are not listening to the manager, players can listen and still can turn against manager. It's not something that's impossible. When coach criticises players in press everytime we lose the game then it's not even surprising if they say "enough is enough with this coach".
Well those who appear happiest with him seem to be the players in our squad with the biggest winning personalities so work that out.
I’m sure it’s safe to say DDG is delighted to hear a manager call his teammates out considering what he’s had to play through since SAF left.

roonster09

Scout
I got the point, but saying you can’t compare example A with this example B because person A was better than person B is beyond daft.
Then what are you moaning about, I said it's like comparing Rooney with Messi. Incase you are confused, SAF is messi.

roonster09

Scout
Well those who appear happiest with him seem to be the players in our squad with the biggest winning personalities so work that out.
I’m sure it’s safe to say DDG is delighted to hear a manager call his teammates out considering what he’s had to play through since SAF left.
Winning personalities? How did you work that out?

roonster09

Scout
No it’s not ffs, it’s like comparing Rooney’s best goal with Messi’s.

No wonder you’re so damn confused.
No it's not. Goal is one off Event which might not happen again, Man management is a skill.

It's like comparing Messi's dribbling to Rooney's. Well hopefully that one cleared up. It's damn hard to explain every small detail.

No it's not. Goal is one off Event which might not happen again, Man management is a skill.
This must be one seriously boring debate for the rest of the cafe.

Someone compared Mou’s comments about Martial/Rashford with SAF’s once regarding Ronaldo/Rooney. You said you can’t compare them and well, of course you can.

If you’d said, there’s no comparison with them as man managers you’d have a point.

Yes, that was painful, although I suspect mostly for the other poor sods on here. Well, at least we got you there in the end though.

roonster09

Scout
This must be one seriously boring debate for the rest of the cafe.

Someone compared Mou’s comments about Martial/Rashford with SAF’s once regarding Ronaldo/Rooney. You said you can’t compare them and well, of course you can.

If you’d said, there’s no comparison with them as man managers you’d have a point.

Yes, that was painful, although I suspect mostly for the other poor sods on here. Well, at least we got you there in the end though.
I agreed with other poster when he said "Mourinho's methods are bordering criminal imv and have an adverse effect.", nothing to do with comments

Here is it, there is no way anyone can compare Ferguson's man management skills with Jose.

Now I'm saying, Even comparing those comments is just wrong if they are implying both said same things.

Jojo <3 Mou

Agree. Sevilla was a turning point for me too.
Give him another season, but with caution and also have an interim manager in mind, in case players decide to turn on him.
How can you support players turning against their manager?

I've been inundated with talks about the United way and I've got to say the whole "Player Power" is not the United way!

What did he say that was so objectionable after Sevilla? If anything I thought he absolved the team of blame.

He does on many occasions say more that is strictly necessary. I do think we have too many players who think that they are better than they are (and fans) but he must find better ways of reaching them.

I also believe that if you want Mourinho to be successful then you can't be forcing players on him. Within reason, Woodward has to give Mourinho the team he wants to win things.

Swift Football

How can you support players turning against their manager?

I've been inundated with talks about the United way and I've got to say the whole "Player Power" is not the United way!

What did he say that was so objectionable after Sevilla? If anything I thought he absolved the team of blame.

He does on many occasions say more that is strictly necessary. I do think we have too many players who think that they are better than they are (and fans) but he must find better ways of reaching them.

I also believe that if you want Mourinho to be successful then you can't be forcing players on him. Within reason, Woodward has to give Mourinho the team he wants to win things.
Having interim manager in mind is planning for the worst case, it's like risk management , it's different than supporting players to turn on their manager.

Regarding Sevilla Jose practically told that United is just a pile of sh*t in Europe. Jose has got more than what we wanted from Woodward. His hands need to be little more tied and held more accountable. It's not like he is winning major trophies right now with all the support.

Jojo <3 Mou

Having interim manager in mind is planning for the worst case, it's like risk management , it's different than supporting players to turn on their manager.

Regarding Sevilla Jose practically told that United is just a pile of sh*t in Europe. Jose has got more than what we wanted from Woodward. His hands need to be little more tied and held more accountable. It's not like he is winning major trophies right now with all the support.
I think that you read too much into those comments.

Do you really think that this team is good enough? I think we are not good enough and that, in my opinion, is proof that more needs to be done.

PepsiCola

I think that you read too much into those comments.

Do you really think that this team is good enough? I think we are not good enough and that, in my opinion, is proof that more needs to be done.
Good enough to get past a poor Seville side?

PepsiCola

Good is as good does. We weren't good enough!
So we absolve the manager of having to manage his team?

The seville draw was largely lost down to cowardly game plans across both legs. Everyone on this forum was giddy when we had drawn them.

So, we can also say the manager isn't good enough.

So we absolve the manager of having to manage his team?

The seville draw was largely lost down to cowardly game plans across both legs. Everyone on this forum was giddy when we had drawn them.

So, we can also say the manager isn't good enough.
Was a shit result and Mourinho was largely to blame, not least for starting Fellaini in the second leg.

That said, we've lost down the years to the likes of Leverkusen & Porto in the CL knockouts so it happens, Barca bizarrely got their asses handed to them by Roma this season, what can you do apart from try to learn and move on.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That’s only half the story, include those who finished 5th & 6th also.
Do you mean including the manager who lead us to the 6th place after having a netsped of roughly 138 million Euros just that summer?

simplyared

Talk on this thread about players not having the right to turn on the manager because they haven't acheived anything. First I'd like to know who are the players who are turning on him?
Yes there could well be players who aren't as motivated as they should be. Being hung out in the media could well be the cause of that. Don't think I'd be raring to go exactly if I was Luke Shaw for example.
Referring to the manager's post match comments on the player:
"I was making every decision for Luke Shaw"
"I'll tell you because I told him already, he had a good performance but it was with his body, with my brain"

Last edited:

Witchking

Talk on this thread about players not having the right to turn on the manager because they haven't acheived anything. First I'd like to know who are the players who are turning on him?
Yes there could well be players who aren't as motivated as they should be. Being hung out in the media could well be the cause of that. Don't think I'd be raring to go exactly if I was Luke Shaw for example.
"I'll tell you because I told him already, he had a good performance but it was with his body, with my brain"
Wow, did he really say that? I guess he would have been misinterpreted. If he did, then he really is a petty guy.

Lentwood

I dont know what some people find so hard to understand about Jose’s man management - it’s really, really simple

Jose will NEVER criticise a player who follows his instructions and puts in maximum effort, because that is all Jose asks of his players. Listen to me and give 100% for me. See Lukaku, Matic, McTominay and Fellaini.

What Jose cannot tolerate above ANYTHING is players disobeying his instructions, playing for themselves and/or not giving 100%. This is why the likes of Shaw, Martial and Pogba have been publicly criticised. I imagine Jose had told the players millions of times behind closed doors what he expects and is finding that he isn’t getting the reaction he wants.

Note something very important. Jose never criticised Depay, Rooney, Schneiderlin, Blind, Darmian etc....why? Considered/considers them lost causes and had marked their cards.

Jose would be a very simple manager to play for. Do what he asks on the pitch! No, he doesn’t cope well with individuality or mavericks and that’s because Jose knows that for the most part, especially in the modern game, teams not individual brilliance win trophies

Water Melon

I dont know what some people find so hard to understand about Jose’s man management - it’s really, really simple

Jose will NEVER criticise a player who follows his instructions and puts in maximum effort, because that is all Jose asks of his players. Listen to me and give 100% for me. See Lukaku, Matic, McTominay and Fellaini.

What Jose cannot tolerate above ANYTHING is players disobeying his instructions, playing for themselves and/or not giving 100%. This is why the likes of Shaw, Martial and Pogba have been publicly criticised. I imagine Jose had told the players millions of times behind closed doors what he expects and is finding that he isn’t getting the reaction he wants.

Note something very important. Jose never criticised Depay, Rooney, Schneiderlin, Blind, Darmian etc....why? Considered/considers them lost causes and had marked their cards.

Jose would be a very simple manager to play for. Do what he asks on the pitch! No, he doesn’t cope well with individuality or mavericks and that’s because Jose knows that for the most part, especially in the modern game, teams not individual brilliance win trophies
We saw how well have Madrid done after he left them. We have also seen Chelsea walk the league with Conte. City are another prime example of how a team can play without Jose. Pool are playing champagne football too. Lets see if JM wins a big trophy with us. My bet would be against it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We saw how well have Madrid done after he left them. We have also seen Chelsea walk the league with Conte. City are another prime example of how a team can play without Jose. Pool are playing champagne football too. Lets see if JM wins a big trophy with us. My bet would be against it.
liverpool and shitty has nothing to do with mou since he never managed them. Mou lead 5 clubs (3 were better off with him then without him then there is us (jury is still out) and real). Conte won the league last year but look at him now. That nasty club just love to sharpen its knives against their manager

Water Melon

liverpool and shitty has nothing to do with mou since he never managed them. Mou lead 5 clubs (3 were better off with him then without him then there is us (jury is still out) and real). Conte won the league last year but look at him now. That nasty club just love to sharpen its knives against their manager
Pool and City are as far from being a Mou team as possible. Conte walked the league with Chelsea. Pool are in CL final mainly due to Klopp. We are far behind City and top teams in Europe mainly due to Mou. Madrid have shown that they can thrive without Mou. Mou failed there, failed in his last season with Chelsea and is not challenging for the title for 2 years here. He will win feck major all next year too.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pool and City are as far from being a Mou team as possible. Conte walked the league with Chelsea. Pool are in CL final mainly due to Klopp. We are far behind City and top teams in Europe mainly due to Mou. Madrid have shown that they can thrive without Mou. Mou failed there, failed in his last season with Chelsea and is not challenging for the title for 2 years here. He will win feck major all next year too.
mainly due to Mou? seriously?

simplyared

Certainly don't go along with the message you're sending out here.

1) Regarding the mavericks, as you put it, I suggest you're referring to the likes of Hazard, Costa and Fabregas as an example. There have been many more players who have rubbed Mourinho up the wrong way. However if we concentrate on those 3 players. They were all part of the Chelsea team that won the PL with Conte after Mourinho left the club.

2) With a performing Hazard in your team would you not get a certain individual brilliance? Of course you would and we should thank our lucky stars for that. Top teams all have their "superstars" who can do that little extra and they must be given the opportunity to express themselves out on the pitch. Football would be in a dire situation if we, the fans, missed out on the individual brilliance some players are capable of giving us.

3) Seems the gist of what you're saying is that if the players obey the manager we will win trophies as our manager knows that his methods will bring success in the modern game. You seem to put a hell of a lot of trust in a person who hasn't delivered at top level for a good few years.

flipit

That can't be a real quote, surely?

There's no questioning Mourinho's past achievements but those who are still so vehemently defending his personality and current man-management by insulting other posters left right center probably missed what happened while he was at Madrid and then even more tellingly at Chelsea with the team doctor. And that thing he said about Manchester United's heritage after the lost to Sevilla.

Jojo <3 Mou

So we are going to just ignore the impact he made on these teams as well as the context in order to push a point.

No one can say that Mourinho had resounding success at Real Madrid or Chelsea (the second time) but he improved both team and left better teams than he got....while still winning a few trophies.

He didn't fail at Real Madrid or Chelsea (2 League Titles and 3 Cups in 5 full years), he just had less success than was expected "for him".

If he is able to deliver that here (2 Leagues of the next 3 to make 2/5).....I'd say that was a success (see....context!)

Water Melon

So we are going to just ignore the impact he made on these teams as well as the context in order to push a point.

No one can say that Mourinho had resounding success at Real Madrid or Chelsea (the second time) but he improved both team and left better teams than he got....while still winning a few trophies.

He didn't fail at Real Madrid or Chelsea (2 League Titles and 3 Cups in 5 full years), he just had less success than was expected "for him".

If he is able to deliver that here (2 Leagues of the next 3 to make 2/5).....I'd say that was a success (see....context!)
He had no success there. Chelsea second stint few points above relegation, Madrid total fall out with players, which after he left, without any major transfers tore the whole world a new one for a couple of years in a row. Do you think Madrid would want him back? Do you think Hazard is craving for him? Bayern, Barca, Juve, fecking Pool? No. Mou is yet to challenge for the Prem serously and do something of note in CL. He has not gotten the best out of the players that he has signed. He is still super reliant on DDG. He is underachieving both in the league as well as in Europe. He will not win either of these two trophies next season too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

There's no questioning Mourinho's past achievements but those who are still so vehemently defending his personality and current man-management by insulting other posters left right center probably missed what happened while he was at Madrid and then even more tellingly at Chelsea with the team doctor. And that thing he said about Manchester United's heritage after the lost to Sevilla.
Those quotes are very real.

simplyared

No questioning what he's achieved in the past. Doesn't guarantee future success. More important to look at what he's achieved over recent years and evaluate a trend. If you do that it doesn't look convincing. What he did at Chelsea 2nd time round is just history I'm afraid.

Jojo <3 Mou

No questioning what he's achieved in the past. Doesn't guarantee future success. More important to look at what he's achieved over recent years and evaluate a trend. If you do that it doesn't look convincing. What he did at Chelsea 2nd time round is just history I'm afraid.
So in your words, ignore his successes but pay attention to the struggles.

I do believe that the past can be indicative of the future but don't be selective in the past you choose to analyse. Look at the entire picture and the context.

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Team doctor? Who gives a damn about a team doctor?
It just so happened that that person was a female. Had it been a male, it would not have even made the papers.
I've seen some of our best players sold under SAF (Beckham, RVN, to name a few). A team doctor is of no relevance, in comparison.

And after the Sevilla game (which he absolutely screwed up on), he probably wanted to deflect the attention away from the poor performance, by saying some controversial things for the press to write about.

In any case, Jose has come here to get results (ie. trophies) and that is what I judge him on.

simplyared

So in your words, ignore his successes but pay attention to the struggles.

I do believe that the past can be indicative of the future but don't be selective in the past you choose to analyse. Look at the entire picture and the context.
At RM he won La Liga but failed to bring them CL-success. During his time there he fell out with Ramos, Casillas and even Ronaldo. After 2012-13 inspite of signing a new contract he left the club under mysterious circumstances. Returning to Chelsea and winning the PL was a big achievement but what happened the following season 2015-16 was a further example of bust-ups with players and post match comments (similar to those we're getting today) where he chooses to hang out certain players in the media. Not being selective as this concerns the 2 most recent clubs he's managed before coming to utd.

Last edited: