That RW position - Still up for grabs

AlexUTD

Exactly this. I think Anthony looks better each passing game over the last month.

Yes he can be frustrating shooting at times but I'm finally seeing bits of his game coming into his performance and is steadily getting better.

We also forget that he didn't come into United until after the first couple of games missing all of pre season at United and missed a chunk at Ajax.

Next season I do think we'll be singing his praises more than not.
Agree 110% mate! GGMU! :devil: :D

Nick7

Even in his worst games I think we play better and more balanced with Antony at RW.

frostbite

I asked this in another thread, but let me ask it here, too.

During the game, why we never switch Antony and Sancho for 10 minutes or something? It will confuse the defenses. SAF was doing this.

Samoerai Jack

I asked this in another thread, but let me ask it here, too.

During the game, why we never switch Antony and Sancho for 10 minutes or something? It will confuse the defenses. SAF was doing this.
We've had that this season for sure. Not this game, but plenty of previous instances. I can clearly remember Antony sending out a cross from the left. It's a little awkward though because a big part of our build up depends on inverse wingers, so I guess that's why they don't do it as much.

Reactions: Cheimoon

frostbite

We've had that this season for sure. Not this game, but plenty of previous instances. I can clearly remember Antony sending out a cross from the left. It's a little awkward though because a big part of our build up depends on inverse wingers, so I guess that's why they don't do it as much.
You are right. Probably another reason we don't use it often is that we do not have a target man. The regular (non-inverse) wingers are more suited to crossing.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Even in his worst games I think we play better and more balanced with Antony at RW.
We do. Whenever he gets subbed off we always struggle keeping possession. Him and Eriksen are the two players in this team that are the best on the ball IMO.

Nick7

We do. Whenever he gets subbed off we always struggle keeping possession. Him and Eriksen are the two players in this team that are the best on the ball IMO.
Yep. He also puts a hell of a shift in defensively and stays wide when we need an outlet.

luke511

I think he who shall not be named will be here next season (morally right or not) and he’d play ahead of Antony, Diallo and Sancho on the right.
He’d go in as striker surely, after a season loan I would’ve thought. It took Ched Evans a few seasons to get back to his normal self on the pitch.

NoPace

I can't believe the winger who just turned 23 and has 16 caps for Brazil already and Ten Hag spent 80M plus on is good.

Borninthe80ts

As counterintuitive as it may sound I don’t mind not having a full time right winger so to speak. I believe that, especially in modern football, it’s almost a 15 man first team now due to injuries and how players form seems to fluctuate so much.

With general rotation and choosing players to fit the opponent at times, I’m hoping to see more of Pellestri and maybe Diallo next season. Hopefully with an in form Anthony and Sancho fighting for the two wide positions with Rashford and a new centre forward in the mix centrally, we can hurt teams.

As stated earlier I think we will rotate more next season when we have more chemistry within the squad and to keep certain positions/personnel fresh along with player additions.

To be more defined, id play the form player at the time. All players have different skills so make use of the squad.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Hit It

Antony will clearly play, he's young, he has 8 goals in his debut season and he shows up in the big games (Arsenal, Barca, City for example). He's also exactly what ETH wants form a winger, he works hard, tracks back, has a great mentality, and is press resistent. Just a week ago he was ripping Barca a new one, won us the game and had a cracking first half in the cup final at the weekend. Antony already appears a miles better buy than Sancho for example and his contribution to results like the Barca one go a big way to showing his worth.

People just need to chill the feck out, was the same with Ronaldo and Nani, people have zero time/patience with wingers coming into this club.
This last paragraph is an interesting statement given many people have just about given up on Anthony martial

I am not sure I agree that Antony looks a miles better signing from sancho. Both look like pretty terrible signings tbh we spent £160m on two players in that position and I have very little faith either of them will ever be good enough
For the price United brought them for it was not worth it. I feel conned by the Sancho deal and vow to never watch higlight reels of any player again because i ws 100% in favour of him coming to united. But what a fecking letdown man. Anthony genral play is crap. Passing, dribbling, crossing is a fail . But he can do curlers and thats all there is.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
For the price United brought them for it was not worth it. I feel conned by the Sancho deal and vow to never watch higlight reels of any player again because i ws 100% in favour of him coming to united. But what a fecking letdown man. Anthony genral play is crap. Passing, dribbling, crossing is a fail . But he can do curlers and thats all there is.
You need to go to specsavers.

Lyng

Antony is getting better and better and Amad is looking like a truly special talent. I think we are set on the RW for the forseeable future finally.

Baneofthegame

You must be fun at parties.

Yakuza_devils

Yesterday game was the first time I feel I can understand why ETH spent 80M on him. Hope he keeps developing and next season will be his breakthrough season.

Rashford on the RW and Antony on the LW. Hopefully, Harry Kane at ST. It will be one of the best attack in PL.

We will have other attackers like Martial, Garnacho, Sancho and Greenwood.

Hit It

Passing concerns many different things, you cannot just say he's crap when you saw capable of delivering the assist in the last game.
It really shows you know little about football.
So he gets an assist and you think hes capable but ignore the countless other times he couldent pass 5 yards without giving the ball away.

NLunited

Antony is starting to live up to his promise, while there is lots of room for improvement.

He is press resistant, dangerous, able to play in others and very good defensively.

Decision making needs to improve and he can be tidier in passing.

I love his cocky attitude, he is a fighter.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So he gets an assist and you think hes capable but ignore the countless other times he couldent pass 5 yards without giving the ball away.
It's an actual example displaying creative passinh. I don't remember which game but I remember him creating a goal for Casemiro. I also remember all the various his passing kept the ball rolling, kept us the ball and played a good role in ball retention.
If he was a bad as you described him, there is no way he'd be an automatic starter
His link up with AWB very well. He is nowhere near the finished article but

b82REZ

You clearly haven't watched him. His short passing is one of his strongest attributes. It's crossing he needs to improve and show some variation.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Absolute drivel and I refuse to take anyone seriously who can’t even spell his fecking name, it’s on the back of his shirt man.
I'm with you on that, same with Maguire, if folks wanna slag him off at least spell his name right!

Hit It

I'm with you on that, same with Maguire, if folks wanna slag him off at least spell his name right!
I know its just terrible right. Maybe they should start banning people for bad grammar in this forum, that might make people give a shit. Anyway thanks for correcting me.

ZahaWilf

Who plays there now in the cup final with Antony seemingly picking up an injury.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
With news of Antony missing a lot of time this could be a golden chance for Sancho or Amad or Pellestri to stake their claim.

b82REZ

With news of Antony missing a lot of time this could be a golden chance for Sancho or Amad or Pellestri to stake their claim.
You ever thought about going into punditry with such insights?

Jamie Redknapp will be stealing this line for his next gig.

Borninthe80ts

It’s basically these three players that I want to see fighting it out with Garnacho to partner Rashford and a central striker next season. All have different attributes and can rotate for freshness and individual match challenges.