g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The “Ole In” Brigade

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Not really. I'll repeat, Klopp got Liverpool playing fanatastic attacking football and reaching a CL final in his first full season without that many additions. Rodgers has had a terrific season and improved Leicester hugely in his first full season without adding many players. Ole has spent 150 million and achieved our worst points tally in aeons. You're the one unable to look at the present clearly let alone the past.

As for Pep, he spent big but the level of his coaching regardless was incredible to get them to stroll to the title (with the points tally they got) in season 2. Again, adding a few players is different from needing a new team. And I believe he over spent anyway. Take out a few of those extra and pointless signings and they still win the league in 16/17 comfortably. Again, there's no point comparing Pep and Ole. One is one of the greats of his era. The other is Ole.
Again completely ignoring the teams? :rolleyes:
Like do some of you even realize what kind of team Ole has?

This isn't even a top 6 team on paper

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He has been found out at two clubs already in PL. He offers nothing. No wonder no club came for him for 5 years after Cardiff.

This will be his Waterloo in terms of getting a top job ever again.
Pure speculation of course, none of us can predict it with 100% certainty.
It doesn't matter, we are hanging on to him which is fecking crazy

ReallyUSA

Did he really put on Lingard when we were down 2 and he hasn't got a goal nor assist in league since last year? i was pro Ole, but it is a WRAP.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And what does it say Ole's management qualities when he takes over a team and then apparently (as per his blind followers) has an even worse team at his disposal going into the first full season after spending 150 million to boot.

Would love to see the thread on premier league predictions to see whether people felt Chelsea and Leicester would finish above us this season. I bet everyone felt they had a better squad, miright?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be noted that teams always look worse when they're not managed well. It's sort of how it works.

Foxbatt

I saw Paul Scholes and Tim Sherwood and both agreed that this squad and the team he put out is good enough to beat teams like Burnley. Yes people like Scholes and Rio are not going to go out and crucify Ole publicly but they have said its not good enough at all and the team is good enough to beat the teams we have lost that are not City, and Liverpool. Pretty damning.

Pscholes18

I think we should ask, how would Ole do at Barca or RM or even Pool?? Answer that and we know if he should stay or not.

Bojan11

I think we should ask, how would Ole do at Barca or RM or even Pool?? Answer that and we know if he should stay or not.
Would be sacked at both. People seem to think they easy jobs ask Valverde after winning two league titles. Ole is worse than Valverde. Or ask the two or three managers Madrid had last season.

Andrew Richmond

We were awful no argument with that but we should have been 2-0 up and had we taken our chances it would have been a comfortable win.

jamesjimmybyrondean

............................ De Gea....................

..Awb.... Smalling...... Lindelof.... Williams

.................. Fred............. Pogba..................

..Ziyech................Bruno..............Rashford

........................... Lukaku...........................

Bench: Romero, Shaw, Pereira Mctominay, Greenwood, Martial, Tuanzebe.

Budget - The 140m Ole spent on Maguire James and AWB

New additions
Ziyech - 25m release clause
AWB - 45m
Bruno - 55m
Total - 125m

People talking shit that we are the 5th best team or no other manager can make this side better like it's not Ole who decided to sell our best striker and replace him with an unproven one in Martial. Like it's not Ole who decided to loan out best defender and splash 80m on his replacement with the only significant improvement being his ball playing ability.

Look at the team above and tell me whether that side does not look better than what Chelsea and Leceister have and with a budget even less than what we spent

manc4red

Ole has his faults but gosh our squad is absolutely horrendous. Injuries affected us but today showed just how bad we are. We have spent hundreds and hundreds of millions of pounds and when were were chasing the game, we brought on Sir Luke Shaw and JLingz.
Let that sink in everyone.

SmallCaine

Again with Lukaku
Lukaku wanted to leave. Get this through your thick skulls
Did he also want himself to not be replaced by another striker? The problem wasn't lukaku was sold, It was that he wasn't replaced adequately.

GifLord

Did he also want himself to not be replaced by another striker? The problem wasn't lukaku was sold, It was that he wasn't replaced adequately.
Yeah and look how the Fernandes transfer is going. Is that Ole's fault? Look how the Haaland transfer saga went. If you wanna blame someone blame Woodward.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Again with Lukaku
Of course he wanted to leave when he was getting benched by Rashford. Lukaku didn't become unhappy then. When Ole came and he was playing and scoring he was one of the people talking about how Ole understands him and is getting the best out of him. If Lukaku was unhappy here long before he became 2nd choice then he would have made that known like he did in the summer. Or like Pogba is doing right now.

And even if he wanted to leave then don't fecking selling without a replacement lined up. It's very naive to sell your best goal scorer and not replace him. And if you blame Ed for not replacing Lukaku I can send you a link to an interview where Ole said there were strikers available but not the right ones

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
People killed me in this forum in the summer for saying that he should never have got this job . I keep asking the same question that if he got sacked tomorrow then what level would his next job be . Think about it for a second , the man supposed to get United out of this mdss would struggle to get a league 1 job if sacked . Every week it just beggers belief that this is being allowed to continue . His press conferences just kill me . He should do the respectable thing and walk away but he won't

GifLord

Of course he wanted to leave when he was getting benched by Rashford. Lukaku didn't become unhappy then. When Ole came and he was playing and scoring he was one of the people talking about how Ole understands him and is getting the best out of him. If Lukaku was unhappy here long before he became 2nd choice then he would have made that known like he did in the summer. Or like Pogba is doing right now.

And even if he wanted to leave then don't fecking selling without a replacement lined up. It's very naive to sell your best goal scorer and not replace him. And if you blame Ed for not replacing Lukaku I can send you a link to an interview where Ole said there were strikers available but not the right ones
Lukaku was talking about a future move to Serie A under Jose

peridigm

There is an entire thread on Lukaku’s unhappiness.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/rom...d-how-it-would-feel-to-leave-the-club.449595/

el3mel

Again with Lukaku
Pogba wants to leave and he's still here so far. The club is the one that decides if a player leaves or not, not the player himself, beside, it was stupid letting him go in the last 2 days of the market when it was pretty much confirmed he won't be replaced. So what, cancel the move and force him to stay for one more season even as a bench option till you sign a replacement in the upcoming window, and the player will have nothing to do except shutting up and playing.

Ole had managed the market pretty poorly, chose wrong priorities and sold players after knowing very well there's no time to replace them anymore. People may say this is a hindsight but I will expect my manager to have a better long sight vision than some fans on the internet.

Beside, today we were playing Burnley whom we have defeated about a month ago on their pitch so they are nothing exceptional. Not every loss is thanks to us not having Messi and Ronaldo in the squad.

RyRy11

Imagine thinking we would turn it around with a worse manager than David Moyes :lol:
Despite seeing very little from Ole in charge, we’ll get Poch in at the end of the year, not support him and sack him in two seasons. Nothing will change. Everyone is barking up the wrong tree.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

11 players - U23 - A few from the academy. Something to be proud of, even City can't compare.
Top 6 Experienced "top players" in their position: Luke Shaw, Lindelof, Mata, Matic, Martial, Fred. :lol:
Playing instead of injuries: Lingard, Pereira, Jones

I get the frustration regarding us failing for many years hiring managers, then when a really important rebuild is needed we hire a manager without much on his CV. It is not comforting, but realistically... Looking at this squad you don't need comfort, you need patience. Everyone has been freaking out since the beginning of the season, game by game. People make up this Ole in vs Ole out to feel superior in their opinion to comfort themselves, nothing more. Nobody in here wants a manager that sucks, people need to stop convincing themselves of this.

jamesjimmybyrondean

So he was unhappy for two years and was still doing alright for us. Keeping him for one more season wouldn't have done much harm then. I'll say again, it's when he became second choice he started venting his frustration. And I'll say again, you do not sell your goalscorer without a solid replacement lined up. No matter what. Ole literally said he didn't get a striker because he did not like the ones available. Turns out the right fit was Haaland and look what happened after losing out on Haaland. No more talks about getting a striker. So are we waiting for another Haaland to emerge?

Not really. I'll repeat, Klopp got Liverpool playing fanatastic attacking football and reaching a CL final in his first full season without that many additions. Rodgers has had a terrific season and improved Leicester hugely in his first full season without adding many players. Ole has spent 150 million and achieved our worst points tally in aeons. You're the one unable to look at the present clearly let alone the past.

As for Pep, he spent big but the level of his coaching regardless was incredible to get them to stroll to the title (with the points tally they got) in season 2. Again, adding a few players is different from needing a new team. And I believe he over spent anyway. Take out a few of those extra and pointless signings and they still win the league in 16/17 comfortably. Again, there's no point comparing Pep and Ole. One is one of the greats of his era. The other is Ole.
I'll show you the Liverpool team without Klopp's additions. See how far you think they'd get...the answer is not very far. 8th in the league, to be precise. Klopp has replaced 2 of the 3 attackers. 2 of the 3 midfielders, 4 of 4 defenders and 1 of 1 keeper. And one of those that kept his place is only there because Keita is injured. One player, one fecking player is still in the starting lineup! And you think Klopp coached the team he inherited to greatness?

Rodgers also replaced almost the entire midfield in his first window, the most crucial part of any team, and you can bet he will make further changes in the summer.

Bojan11

I'll show you the Liverpool team without Klopp's additions. See how far you think they'd get...the answer is not very far. 8th in the league, to be precise. Klopp has replaced 2 of the 3 attackers. 2 of the 3 midfielders, 4 of 4 defenders and 1 of 1 keeper. And one of those that kept his place is only there because Keita is injured. One player, one fecking player is still in the starting lineup! And you think Klopp coached the team he inherited to greatness?

Rodgers also replaced almost the entire midfield in his first window, the most crucial part of any team, and you can bet he will make further changes in the summer.
Ole replaced half the defence yet we can’t defend basic set pieces and worse than last season. So great improvement there.

RollieOle

Ole is and will always be a legend, fans turning on Ole is falling right into the Glazers hands. How would Pep get on with this squad?

SmallCaine

Yeah and look how the Fernandes transfer is going. Is that Ole's fault? Look how the Haaland transfer saga went. If you wanna blame someone blame Woodward.
Woodward is very much to blame but if you know a man to be incompetent may be don't risk losing a striker without a replacement lined up. Ole himself stated there were alternatives but he didn't want them pursued as they apparently weren't the right fit, which has left so threadbare and is in a way responsible for rashford's injury.

cheeky_backheel

'kind of team Ole has' or more accurately 'kind of team Ole created'. The current squad is not the result of some random selection.

Ole is responsible for his roster changes, including spending so much money on AWB and Slabhead, and giving crazy wages to so many 'bad/decent' players.

We cant blame and sack Mourinho for not getting the best out of the players and months later blame the players for not being good enough. If the players are not good enough, why sack Mourinho (or any of the previous managers for that matter), after all they were doing much better than Ole is doing.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I’ve backed Ole all the way through. Today’s the first time I’ve wavered.

I still think anyone would struggle with an inept boardroom who isn’t providing a squad of acceptable quality and quantity, but the results just cannot continue to be this poor. I get that we’re without 3 of our most important players, including our two best by some distance, but a club this size should be able to see off the likes of Burnley with a few reserves in the side.

Poch would likely be good, but he’ll need backing in the market the same way Ole does. Until we can be sure he’ll get it, changing managers seems like the age old analogy of shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.
Ditto. Well, i have wavered before and honestly while it is cool to have a legend managing us its not really that important. What truly matters is how he does his job. On a structural level i think he has done a good job and has taken steps in the right direction. Results and the football on display leaves a lot to be desired though.

What i dont know though is how much of our bad football is a result of (lack of) coaching and (lack of motivation) and how much is simply lack of quality in our squad. And THAT i think is the big difference between the two camps. The way i see it there are a couple of options here
A: The squad (even considering injuries) is good enough to be safely in top 4, Ole and his coaches not good enough
B: The squad is not good enough and we are par for the course
C: Neither the squad not the coaching staff is good enough

I was/am at A, but is leaning more and more towards C. Its fecking grim. The only silver lining here though is that the anger towards Woodward and the Glazers really have picked up lately and they cant just throw Ole under the bus in the same fashion as they did LvG and Jose

R'hllor

What the hell happened with people " 8th 8th 8th" "2nd 2nd 2nd", LvG 2nd season we were on same points tally as City if i remember correctly just worse GD, imagine if he had better GD than City, people would pipe with " 4th 4th 4th".

Always was results over anything else regardless how but since JM, that wont work with us, results and league position has to be a product of performances and things going on the pitch and not how we had under JM and onward, where if we dont get a result, there is nothing there to lean on, where even after a win you feel like it was a defeat.

El Zoido

Ole has done quite a lot of good in my opinion, but as the cliche goes it’s a results business. We cannot keep meekly losing to every team below us. Where’s the fight? We need to go to war every time we step on the pitch, but instead it feels like they’re just going for a kick around the park with their mates, and if they lose, whatever. I’ve always been Ole in purely because any good alternative will struggle working under this regime too. But Ole’s record is absolutely woeful, you would have to imagine there’s a whole load of middle-tier managers who would do a lot better with this squad than Ole has.

Jerome Holland

Up and down left and right ole in ole out, we blame Ed the Glazers the board. I feel sorry for match day going supporters because you guys pay good money to watch bad rubbish.

So Our coach decided in 1 transfer window to let all our experienced players leave and not replace them. Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling for Pete's sake he couldn't even hold on to our club captain Ashley Young. The clear out has happened but has happened amateurish. We relying on Greenwood to come on and save us.

I can't see how everybody avoids the elephant in the room which is the coach that puts out the team.

Dan600

Keep seeing this argument that Ole’s fault we have such a thin squad, he let players leave, it’s all his fault, people need to realise this is far more sinister than we think. Ole wouldn’t have let this happen if he didn’t have his hands tied, numerous times he’s said if we let X go, we need to replace them, they can’t go without a replacement etc.

There is something far more worrying with regard to our transfer business...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ar-solskjaer-can-fulfil-ambitions-manchester/

The unfortunate thing is Ole is willing to help cover up what is going on and is being rather dishonest with what he wants. All the while Lukaku/Sanchez were still here he insisted we need replacements. Within a week of them leaving he changed and said we didn’t need to. If he was assuming he was getting the £70M from Lukaku to spend, only to be told, ‘no, the owners want that to pay bills, you can’t have it...’

Reactions: Ødegaard

El Zoido

Up and down left and right ole in ole out, we blame Ed the Glazers the board. I feel sorry for match day going supporters because you guys pay good money to watch bad rubbish.

So Our coach decided in 1 transfer window to let all our experienced players leave and not replace them. Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling for Pete's sake he couldn't even hold on to our club captain Ashley Young. The clear out has happened but has happened amateurish. We relying on Greenwood to come on and save us.

I can't see how everybody avoids the elephant in the room which is the coach that puts out the team.
His hands are tied I’m afraid. They want fans to blame Ole and unfortunately a lot of people are falling for it.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
That's BS though because our managers have clearly brought their own choices when it comes to recrutement and staff, they have all tried to build a team at their image and since none of them had experience at doing it or weren't good, they all failed. We can blame Woodward for hiring these managers or not creating a structure that would prevent managers from always trying to destroy what their predecessor did but we can't say that they hamstrung the managers.

Our managers shoot in their own feet and people blame someone else for not preventing it.
It's incredible that this pathetic defence of Woodward keeps being floated around. 4 managers into his reign of United decline and failure

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's incredible that this pathetic defence of Woodward keeps being floated around. 4 managers into his reign of United decline and failure
It's not a defense of Woodward, he picked them or was part of the group of people that picked them, that's his responsibility. All the managers are responsible for their own decisions and choices.

blazinRe'D'

'kind of team Ole has' or more accurately 'kind of team Ole created'. The current squad is not the result of some random selection.

Ole is responsible for his roster changes, including spending so much money on AWB and Slabhead, and giving crazy wages to so many 'bad/decent' players.

We cant blame and sack Mourinho for not getting the best out of the players and months later blame the players for not being good enough. If the players are not good enough, why sack Mourinho (or any of the previous managers for that matter), after all they were doing much better than Ole is doing.
Mourinho had a better squad with more depth, Sanchez and Martial on the bench for christ sakes and he was getting worse results than Ole at the tail end. He destroyed the dressing room picking fights with players in public and I think most of us could see there was nothing to build on which is why he got the sack.

And to your other point, the players are not good at all specifically our senior players, not for "months" but for years. That has to be down to the way we've recruited in the last 6-7 years. A rebuild from this shambled state will take more than a year or even 2 until the club can manage to get the right players to play a certain style. With this squad, with these players it don't matter if we had Pep, Poch or Houdini, you can't perform any magic with this team.

It is and it will get much worse before it gets any better, we need to manage our expectations and I understand our pride but until we have a squad we can be proud of there is no point to set expectations