The 2024 Carabao Cup Final - Chelsea V Liverpool

mu4c_20le

It's insane how everyone is just buying into the narrative that they're ravaged with injuries and playing youngsters. Chelsea had just as many injuries and our team was younger than theirs.

Liverpool probably deserved to win that, just based on extra time but there's no need to make it out as though it some Herculean effort against all odds. They were the favourites FFS!
Nah, while you may be technically correct, the narrative is that they missed a lot of first team players and brought on some kids, while your lot are mercenaries. They made this point a few times at the end of the match, about how their kids overcame your overpaid stars.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea actually started AND finished the game with a team younger than theirs, but the media had pre-agreed their narrative and people are too stupid to form their own opinions, they just let the commentary team tell them what to think.
It's going to be hero worship every time Klopp farts between now and the end of the season.

If the win the league, I think we might see Neville and co lining up to give him a rusty trombone live on Sky Sports.

Mmm-Qatarian

It's going to be hero worship every time Klopp farts between now and the end of the season.

If the win the league, I think we might see Neville and co lining up to give him a rusty trombone live on Sky Sports.
Not gonna lie it's sort of why, as depressing as it is to say, I sort of want City to win the title again this season. Feel like it'd be the perfect anti-climactic way to piss on that parade.

JB7

Not gonna lie it's sort of why, as depressing as it is to say, I sort of want City to win the title again this season. Feel like it'd be the perfect anti-climactic way to piss on that parade.
I mean there is a third option which would pretty clearly be preferable, surely?

Mmm-Qatarian

I mean there is a third option which would pretty clearly be preferable, surely?
Ehh, Arsenal winning it in many respects would be preferable but then you'd have the almost equally irritating Arsenal wankfest on Sky.

Guess I'm just numb to City at this point. Can't even muster the energy to care much when they win it.

RedRocket9908

Poch should be sacked for that, how can such as expensively assembled squad be unable to beat Liverpool's kids, they just gave up and didnt even try for most of the extra time.

RedRocket9908

The media have already started the Liverpool love-in and are bigging this up with TalkSport labelling it an incredible win

Jeffthered

Poch should be sacked for that, how can such as expensively assembled squad be unable to beat Liverpool's kids, they just gave up and didnt even try for most of the extra time.
I didn't see it, but Klopp gets a tune out of the players he manages and you have to respect that, massively. They are rivals, but I respect Liverpool FC, great club and great fans.

Chelsea are a youth team, and Pochettino has a massive job on his hands to work out what kind of culture he can instil amongst those players. A nonsense club, which misses Abramovich, desperately.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Liverpool, ok, but United-fans wanting City to win over Arsenal is just strange.

If Arsenal win would be "irritating" is all it takes, i guess people here genuinely don't even mind City winning it anymore.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Liverpool, ok, but United-fans wanting City to win over Arsenal is just strange.

If Arsenal win would be "irritating" is all it takes, i guess people here genuinely don't even mind City winning it anymore.
A lot think that Man City winning is meaningless (I know they used to think the same about Chelsea).

Oranges038

Drury is actually unbearable.
Ruins the games with his insufferable nonsense and it's even worse with Carragher and Neville piping up every now and again so much worse.

I found it on supersport, Jim Beglin and one of the PL commentators, can't remember the name. But it was a much more enjoyable game without that gobshite in the background.

Scanny

I mind. I mind the 115s winning four in a row. I mind the Scousers winning it too (still preferable to the 115s unfortunately).
I’m a pseudo Arsenal fan until the end of this season.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Well you seen them off in that title race and poch was there. He bottled the CL final against Liverpool despite being the better team
I really don't rate Poch very highly at all. The media seem to love him though. Personally I feel they would have been further ahead to have struck with Potter.

erikcred

Shitter for sure but younger!

I ain't having "lost against kids" when they were older and the bloke who scored the winner is a 32 year old world record transfer.
I get that, that's why my initial question was a genuine one. Who are your big injury absences? I know Silva and Reece James. Can't think of any more.

Liverpool were missing Salah, Alisson and Alexander Arnold. I felt you guys were relatively well off injury wise.

RedRocket9908

I get that, that's why my initial question was a genuine one. Who are your big injury absences? I know Silva and Reece James. Can't think of any more.
They are currently missing James, Silva, Badiashile, Cucurella, Wesley Fofana, Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu, and Lavia

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thought Danns and Clark were decent when they came on. McConnell not as much.

Fun game to watch. Could’ve gone either way. Endo leaving on crutches is a bit worrying. He’s been excellent recently.

Gonna miss Klopp.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Liverpool were missing Salah, Alisson and Alexander Arnold.
You conveniently forgot about Szoboszlai, Jota, Nunez, Jones, Thiago, Matip. 2 to 4 are most likely starters, other would have been options from the bench. Then Gravenberch got eliminated as well. That's almost a complete 11.

erikcred

You conveniently forgot about Szoboszlai, Jota, Nunez, Jones, Thiago, Matip. 2 to 4 are most likely starters, other would have been options from the bench. Then Gravenberch got eliminated as well. That's almost a complete 11.
Relax. I mentioned those three because I think they are the ones who can turn a game with a moment, on their own. These other names you list are not miles better than who ended up starting anyway.

So James and Silva
:lol:
Glad I'm not the only one to whom it seemed like that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Relax. I mentioned those three because I think they are the ones who can turn a game with a moment, on their own. These other names you list are not miles better than who ended up starting anyway.
So you don't think Nunez and Jota are good game changers? You think these two are the same quality as Gakpo and Elliot? :lol:

I can see why Utd fans rate Hoijlund so highly now. With this level of insight Utd have a very long way to go before they wake up.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Diaz, Gakpo, Konate, Virgil, Robertson, Endo, Gravenberch, Mac Allister, Kelleher. 9 of 11 players who started today are expensive and experienced players. Lets not overreact here.
The 11 for Liverpool cost 160 million pounds whilst Chelseas 11 cost 530 million
I think an overreaction is warranted

Munkehboi

They missed out on signing Caicedo for that huge fee and got in Endo for £15m?

Would've thought the fees were reversed on that showing. What a find. The sort of player we need. Will run through a brick wall for the bloody scousers.

erikcred

So you don't think Nunez and Jota are good game changers? You think these two are the same quality as Gakpo and Elliot? :lol:

I can see why Utd fans rate Hoijlund so highly now. With this level of insight Utd have a very long way to go before they wake up.
'Not miles better' means 'same quality'. Yes. You got me.

Not sure what Hojlund has anything to do with what's being discussed here, either.

The 11 for Liverpool cost 160 million pounds whilst Chelseas 11 cost 530 million
No one's saying that Chelsea haven't wasted close to a billion.

But more importantly, what sort of maths is this? Van Dijk was 75m, Konate, Mac Allister, Gakpo and Gravenberch at least 35m each. Maybe you should come back when you're all done celebrating and not drunk?

brian017

I respect Liverpool and Arsenal as football clubs. However I don’t respect City as a football club. I don’t take anything they win seriously. Hence them winning anything hurts less than Liverpool or Arsenal

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Carragher is shameless.

Poch is a loser, no winning mentality.

The media Klopp wankathon will be so tedious.

Selecting Conor fecking Gallagher as your #10 because he runs, but cannot actually play football means you deserve to lose while watching him squandering chance after chance.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
160 mil? :lol: . 300 mil euros was payed for that first 11 today.
And what Chelsea have with this? We are not talking about Celski. We are talking about myth (which is now all over media) how you won it with kids. You didn't win it with kids and you didn't win it with some kind of cheap B team.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
160 mil? :lol: . 300 mil euros was payed for that first 11 today.
And what Chelsea have with this? We are not talking about Celski. We are talking about myth (which is now all over media) how you won it with kids. You didn't win it with kids and you didn't win it with some kind of cheap B team.
They kind of did though.

Kelleher; Gomez, Quansah, van Dijk, Tsimikas; Endo, Clark, McConnell; Elliot, Danns, Diaz

That's the side they finished with. Three starters, three players no one outside of Liverpool have even heard of and the rest are bench players. Klopp deserves credit, would've been easy for him to just stick with the starters for 120 minutes.