The Active Shooter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Never quite understood why people are so quick to their phones when their life is in danger. Surely it would be the last thing on your mind?

Not judging as I've never been in such a situation, but seems odd.
I'm guessing they had been holed up in their classrooms for a while by the time the video was taken.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
At least 15 dead.
Don't know what to say.
Can't even feign shock.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
At least 15 dead.
Don't know what to say.
Can't even feign shock.
There's nothing that can be said.

The United States people are being failed by their corrupt government who are more interested in the almighty dollar than in the safety and wellbeing of their citizens.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It says it all that when I read the news and see something like this pop up, I am not even in the slightest bit shocked anymore.

As disgusted as always. But not shocked.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
the NRA only spent $5M on lobbying last year, so perhaps most offensively, they're pretty cheap
That won't include PAC money will it?

Also there's the attack ads they mount against those who don't toe the line.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Have the fecking Republicans started to offer their "prayers and condolences" yet? fecking filthy pieces of shit.
You wonder how pond life such as McConnell will respond when he’s the type of fecker who blocked any proposal Obama put forward.

Silva

That won't include PAC money will it?

Also there's the attack ads they mount against those who don't toe the line.
not sure, that's just what their budget says

true, that's probably a few more million, but it won't add up to extraordinary amount given the number of politicians with the NRA's dick firmly down their throat

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
I feel extremely sorry and sad for the parents and family of the people that were gun downed today. Unfortunately nothing will change because there are a minority of people that will disrupt and fight any discussion about change AND the majority don't feel strongly enough to fight for change.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
not sure, that's just what their budget says

true, that's probably a few more million, but it won't add up to extraordinary amount given the number of politicians with the NRA's dick firmly down their throat
Also worth remembering the Koch brothers and their enormous PAC contributions, they may as well the the NRA's financial arm.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The US has something rotten at its core. That something is the second amendment and the fecked up situation it's now causing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The US has something rotten at its core. That something is the second amendment and the fecked up situation it's now causing.
Its the 2nd amendment. When you have gun ownership elevated to a near religious status - along side freedom of speech - then regulation of guns (much like restricting free speech) obviously becomes very difficult.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't know why someone needs weapons I only see on COD for self defense.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Also cue the "Its not the right time to talk about gun control. This is a time for mourning the dead" from the right wing politicians.

Jericholyte2

The fact that this is the THIRTEENTH school shooting in America in 2018 is just shocking, well, shocking in that it's not even that shocking anymore.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Every time a shooting happens, I think the Republican senators are lowkey happy cause their pockets are going to be filled up by the fecking NRA.

Baxter

I don't know how any parent couldn't send their kid to school in the states.

There's no justification for civilians carrying firearms, but to let people freely own assault rifles is something I don't understand how people can truly argue for.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
What makes it even more terrible is that it'll be pretty much forgotten in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.