The All-time Auction Draft

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
A nationality rule would be more interesting than blocking specific players. To make it more difficult you could also add that the sides can have a maximum of 5 European and 5 South American players so as to make the drafting more difficult.

NM

I'd rather observe this one, and then join EAP's draft.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
Not sure weather to participate. There was a draft in the newbies, but I got promoted so quickly that I couldn't join in one as there was already one in play. I have played a draft in another forum.

How many more spaces left? When does it start?

Annahnomoss

List of managers - so far:
1. Annah -
2. Stobzilla -
3. MDFC -
4. Sjor Bepo
5. Cal?
6. Raees
7.MJJ
8. Harms
9. Green_Smiley
10. Rpitodra
11. Joga Bonito
12. Skizzo

Annahnomoss

Have a nationality rule annah? You can them sort the rounds based on nationalities. Brazilians, english, German, etc.
A nationality rule makes it way too much like a sheep/snake draft where you will just sit and hope that others doesn't have the same plans as you. The continent one is still so open that it ends in the same way, I.e people being able to pick Maradona, Messi and Pele in the same team.

I don't believe it is as easy as people think to arrange a great team even if you have the all-timers available. Also long since we had an all-time draft wasn't it? 2 years ago or something.

Annahnomoss

Yeah...and I'm pretty sure he counts @Pat_Mustard and I as one person too.

So Is this strictly an auction draft? I was Confused by saying "first round auction"
Strictly an auction draft. Ideas on the reinforcement rounds are welcomed though as they've been a bit bad previously.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I only made it in to your third round of tagging people? I'm hurt :p

I'm also in. Hurt, and in.
:lol:. I could have sworn I saw your name on the list already but then I read the sign-up list again and found your name was missing.

@Annahnomoss , perhaps you could edit the title with sign up or the number of spots open, to garner more interest and pique the curiosity of the people who don't usually bother checking these draft threads.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
All time pool is too much. You need some restrictions here. Year wise or continent wise or country wise

Annahnomoss

List of managers - so far:
1. Annah -
2. Stobzilla -
3. MDFC -
4. Sjor Bepo
5. Cal?
6. Raees
7.MJJ
8. Harms
9. Green_Smiley
10. Rpitodra
11. Joga Bonito
12. Skizzo
13. ChrisG11
14. Theon
15. Crappy

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Wanna continue the partnership?
Sure. I'm in.
The previous draft

Nope, EAP has ignored my choice for two straight turns now. Will post who it is after crappy makes his pick.
Yeah, hierro was a good pick, gives us tactical flexibility as well. But ****** :(
Now that the draft is over, who do you guys think was a better pick for an AM spot? Sneijder, Arshavin, Fabregas or Deco.
I wanted schuster :(

Role reversal eh? :lol:

Annahnomoss

All time pool is too much. You need some restrictions here. Year wise or continent wise or country wise
The continent one won't make any difference to the end result and the country one is too hard in a transfer draft. Will slow things down a lot for people if they can't bid on more than one player per nation. The year restriction is the only one suited here, but the all-time draft is the one that hasn't been done in the longest.

The full pool hasn't been available in two years I believe?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The continent one won't make any difference to the end result and the country one is too hard in a transfer draft. Will slow things down a lot for people if they can't bid on more than one player per nation. The year restriction is the only one suited here, but the all-time draft is the one that hasn't been done in the longest.

Without restrictions it ll turn into snake draft towards the end.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Let's just do the full pool and see what happens...

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Disagree actually, I like the all time pool.

Would prefer more reinforcements though as I think it may get a tad stale towards the end seeing the same teams line up.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Now. Go ahead and make your nomination.
Or you could wait until the previous draft is finished. That sounds like an awesome idea if you ask me. Wait until the final, that starts in 2 days, is played, then kick off a new draft maybe Sunday or Monday.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Or you could wait until the previous draft is finished. That sounds like an awesome idea if you ask me. Wait until the final, that starts in 2 days, is played, then kick off a new draft maybe Sunday or Monday.
That sounds like a good idea...